mattress help/advice

Posted 18th Jan
are mattresses on the likes of Groupon & Wowcher, of decent quality? does anyone know

also what is a good mattress type?
I’ve heard pocket sprung is a good option

the one I have now, I’ve had for 10 years, and it’s just full of jarring springs, and lacks protection, and has crevices, otherwise I’d just try a topper

I always read reviews on groupon mattresses, more good than bad, but with any reviews, which do you trust?

like maybe the good reviews were left after sleeping on it for a week
and the bad reviews were left after a couple of months
you just don’t know
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

8 Comments
Have a look on Wayfair and Costco for the Dormeo mattresses. We recently got Dormeo 'Memory Silver Deluxe' from Wayfair after alot of research and it was about the same price in Costco. Very happy with it going to buy another one
Sandy101218/01/2020 19:17

Have a look on Wayfair and Costco for the Dormeo mattresses. We recently …Have a look on Wayfair and Costco for the Dormeo mattresses. We recently got Dormeo 'Memory Silver Deluxe' from Wayfair after alot of research and it was about the same price in Costco. Very happy with it going to buy another one

Do you still have to be a member to visit Costco?
Around 8 years ago I purchased a Deal from dreams for a divan and a "Decent" Bad Back Mattress.

I could tell a tale of how bad it as was, or I could just say...

Get a Simba reconditioned matteress from here. (Also prepare yourself for the fact that somebody may have slept on the mattress you buy) Sleep better than any of your friends and tell them that your mattress cost over £800 and it's amazing

I bought my first 3 years ago and just today recieved my second for a spare room. Simba Hybrids are the comiest mattress' I've ever slept on.
Edited by: "Thetrout" 18th Jan
Buy memory foam mattress that gets delivered to your door and you can trial it for up to 90 days. Don't like it send it back.
Whether a mattress is any good comes down to the stiffness and proportions of the different layers it's made up of rather than the broad type of materials that are used.

The stiffness and proportions of the springs, foam and padding have a bigger impact than whether it's using springs, foam or padding.

Mattresses are classified into 'types' like pocket sprung because each type of component lends a different feel to a mattress. For example a large proportion of memory foam lends very dead and un-springy feel.

Never buy a mattress online without a full refund policy. You're best off visiting a shop and trying them out, you stand a much better chance of getting one that works for you.

A bad night's sleep affects everything in your life and a mattress lasts an awful long time so don't be afraid to spend time and money to get the one you find most comfortable.
I went for a simba. Refurbished from their eBay site. Paid around £220 for king size as there was a deal on at the time. But it’s so good I’d have happily paid more
Don't buy a hard mattress .
I would say try before you buy - but as stated above, a full refund option allows same.
Don't think memory foam is that wonderfull either .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants