Mattress purchased but now it's cheaper

Posted 11th Nov
Just purchased a mattress about one week ago on mattressonline.co.uk for a grand and delivery is due this Friday but I just seen that it's now reduced by £100 to £900

can I just cancel and get a refund and then re order it or is it not as simple as that?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
They just emailed back and said they would be happy to refund the £93 difference
23 Comments
Yes, call them up they will probably just refund it, only issue you may have is if they class it as a special order but don’t fall for that.
Edited by: "eslick" 11th Nov
eslick11/11/2019 21:58

Yes, call them up they will probably just refund it, only issue you may …Yes, call them up they will probably just refund it, only issue you may have is if they class it as a special order but don’t fall for that.

Should I mention the reason why I want to cancel?
efc_4ever11/11/2019 22:00

Should I mention the reason why I want to cancel?

Yes tell them it’s cheaper, and they might just give you the difference back.
eslick11/11/2019 22:01

Yes tell them it’s cheaper, and they might just give you the difference b …Yes tell them it’s cheaper, and they might just give you the difference back.

Thanks. Sent an email. let's see what they say
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 11th Nov
The all important question I guess, have you, er, christened it yet?
Haircut_10011/11/2019 22:18

The all important question I guess, have you, er, christened it yet?

No not delivered till this Friday
efc_4ever11/11/2019 22:19

No not delivered till this Friday

Oh that's great then. If you haven't received it yet then it should make things a lot easier then.
Haircut_10011/11/2019 22:22

Oh that's great then. If you haven't received it yet then it should make …Oh that's great then. If you haven't received it yet then it should make things a lot easier then.

What do you think they will do?

I emailed them saying I noticed it's in the sale £100 cheaper and that I'd like to cancel and re order it at the cheaper price
efc_4ever11/11/2019 22:24

What do you think they will do?I emailed them saying I noticed it's in the …What do you think they will do?I emailed them saying I noticed it's in the sale £100 cheaper and that I'd like to cancel and re order it at the cheaper price

I had a quick look at the FAQ on their website and didn't see anything mentioned about cancelling an order *before* delivery, only after. Just give them a call in the morning, there is the phone number listed on their website and have a chat with them.
Haircut_10011/11/2019 22:30

I had a quick look at the FAQ on their website and didn't see anything …I had a quick look at the FAQ on their website and didn't see anything mentioned about cancelling an order *before* delivery, only after. Just give them a call in the morning, there is the phone number listed on their website and have a chat with them.

Ye I checked that and like you said nothing about cancelling before delivery which is a bit odd. In fact they hardly have much on the FAQ section

I sent an email anyway. Might as well see what they say. If they don't email by midday I'll give them a call thanks haircut
tregs11/11/2019 22:43

https://www.mattressonline.co.uk/Terms-and-Conditions#cancellationHave a …https://www.mattressonline.co.uk/Terms-and-Conditions#cancellationHave a look at section 7

Good spot. Well I've let them know by email so let's see if they do the right thing and refund me £100. Surely they can't charge me for dispatch. I think they may go down that route though
tregs11/11/2019 22:43

https://www.mattressonline.co.uk/Terms-and-Conditions#cancellationHave a …https://www.mattressonline.co.uk/Terms-and-Conditions#cancellationHave a look at section 7

7.4 is utter rubbish so a guaranteed consumer legal win if a customer chose to prove a point of law.
If it went up in price would you give them the difference
ding12/11/2019 09:59

If it went up in price would you give them the difference

No and I see your point but why pay £100 more when I can just cancel which I'm within my rights to do so and then re order

I didn't make the rules
efc_4ever12/11/2019 10:02

No and I see your point but why pay £100 more when I can just cancel which …No and I see your point but why pay £100 more when I can just cancel which I'm within my rights to do so and then re orderI didn't make the rules

I'm just playing devil's advocate, I would do exactly the same thing you are doing
ding12/11/2019 10:04

I'm just playing devil's advocate, I would do exactly the same thing you …I'm just playing devil's advocate, I would do exactly the same thing you are doing

no problem buddy
They just emailed back and said they would be happy to refund the £93 difference
What mattress did you buy by the way? We need a new one but can't comprehend buying one online without testing. We spent ages buying our last one, it cost more than my first car (£1500)
darlodge12/11/2019 12:15

What mattress did you buy by the way? We need a new one but can't …What mattress did you buy by the way? We need a new one but can't comprehend buying one online without testing. We spent ages buying our last one, it cost more than my first car (£1500)

the prices are crazy aren't they for a decent mattress

We was torn between going for the highly recommended Simba mattress or the Emma mattress but we didn't want to go down the memory foam route so then we started checking a few on mattress online.co.uk and we ended up taking a punt on this one

mattressonline.co.uk/Product/Silentnight-Geltex-Ultra-3000-Mirapocket-Softer-Mattress-P1867

Couldn't find it cheaper anywhere else
Tried it in a store and it's the best mattress I've tried out of many others
Edited by: "efc_4ever" 12th Nov
efc_4ever12/11/2019 12:20

the prices are crazy aren't they for a decent mattressWe was torn … the prices are crazy aren't they for a decent mattressWe was torn between going for the highly recommended Simba mattress or the Emma mattress but we didn't want to go down the memory foam route so then we started checking a few on mattress online.co.uk and we ended up taking a punt on this onemattressonline.co.uk/Product/Silentnight-Geltex-Ultra-3000-Mirapocket-Softer-Mattress-P1867Couldn't find it cheaper anywhere elseTried it in a store and it's the best mattress I've tried out of many others

Thanks will take a look.

Years back I went to Dreams and the sales kid tried to sell me a £160 matrress including a frame then when I laughed he took me to the NHS approved £3000+ mattress, I laughed again and went somewhere else.
darlodge12/11/2019 12:29

Thanks will take a look.Years back I went to Dreams and the sales kid …Thanks will take a look.Years back I went to Dreams and the sales kid tried to sell me a £160 matrress including a frame then when I laughed he took me to the NHS approved £3000+ mattress, I laughed again and went somewhere else.

wow 3k for a mattress

We had a budget of roughly a grand. Hopefully it lasts at least 6 or 7 years. I think they say you should change them at least every 7 yrs. Which mattress did you buy for £1500?
efc_4ever12/11/2019 12:32

wow 3k for a mattressWe had a budget of roughly a grand. Hopefully … wow 3k for a mattressWe had a budget of roughly a grand. Hopefully it lasts at least 6 or 7 years. I think they say you should change them at least every 7 yrs. Which mattress did you buy for £1500?

I think ours will be 8 years in Jan. It was a Salus or Sealy I think, something like a 7000 or 9000. It's an extra deep one as well so had to buy all new bedding
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants