Mattress recommendations

Found 9th Jan
Hi All,
Looking for a new mattress. Wanting something quite firm that will last.
Does anyone know of any online suppliers that allow you to test for so many weeks to make sure you're happy? Really fed up of visiting shops to test mattresses (very boring!) and I'm pretty sure that as long as it's firm and comfy it'll be fine!
TIA
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
John Ryan design , not bought from them but considering it after wasting £400 on a very uncomfortable rest assured from
jase.210 m ago

John Ryan design , not bought from them but considering it after wasting …John Ryan design , not bought from them but considering it after wasting £400 on a very uncomfortable rest assured from

will take a look now, thank you
Hyde and sleep hybrids are very firm and do the 100 day test
Eve, Simba, etc. There are loads that offer 100 night trials
Babbabooey7 m ago

Eve, Simba, etc. There are loads that offer 100 night trials

I like the look of the Simba and I know they claim to be great but I don't know anyone who has one to recommend them although the online reviews do seem good.
shepademus8 m ago

Thank you, will take a loo
shepademus11 m ago

Free quilt and pillows with these too if ordered today...thank you
Money_Saving_Mum20 m ago

I like the look of the Simba and I know they claim to be great but I don't …I like the look of the Simba and I know they claim to be great but I don't know anyone who has one to recommend them although the online reviews do seem good.

I tried it, was too soft for me. Sent it back and now have Eve which is much better.
Babbabooey8 m ago

I tried it, was too soft for me. Sent it back and now have Eve which is …I tried it, was too soft for me. Sent it back and now have Eve which is much better.

Will take a look at the Eve mattresses, definitely need it to be firm
IKEA! Was quite surprised at the quality and warranty of their mattresses. 25 year warranty, instead of 5. 90 day trial and if you're not happy, they'll change it for you. Got a mid range (nice quality) double firm mattress for £140.
Go and try them in store is the only real option or considered Costco we bought a firm one from one of the big companies last year for a bargain price but it was awful. tried and tried with it after 10 months and different toppers I called them and they took it back no questions asked with their satisfaction guarantee. With the exception of the trial mattress companies you wouldn’t get that from any other company even with mattress warranty returns are a nightmare. They were so good with the service we went for more expensive better bed we now sleep like babies.
jase.22 h, 1 m ago

John Ryan design , not bought from them but considering it after wasting …John Ryan design , not bought from them but considering it after wasting £400 on a very uncomfortable rest assured from

They are fantastic. Very knowledgeable and brilliant delivery and setup service. They won't dispose of your old bed though. I can thoroughly recommend them
Edited by: "OllieSt" 9th Jan
OllieSt37 m ago

They are fantastic. Very knowledgeable and brilliant delivery and setup …They are fantastic. Very knowledgeable and brilliant delivery and setup service. They won't dispose of your old bed though. I can thoroughly recommend them

I bought from John Ryan design, but the service and actual bed and mattress were pretty poor. However, they did collect it all and refund as they promise, so can't really complain.
Edited by: "Pandamansays" 9th Jan
If you have a John Lewis near you can try the Simba mattress as they have them in store.
Pandamansays9 h, 18 m ago

I bought from John Ryan design, but the service and actual bed and …I bought from John Ryan design, but the service and actual bed and mattress were pretty poor. However, they did collect it all and refund as they promise, so can't really complain.

Fair enough. Choosing a bed is so difficult. I heard so many mixed reports on foam kind of mattresses that I steered clear.

I bought from their Artisan range mattress and base and I'm perfectly happy.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 10th Jan
Thank you all for your responses...I've got a lot of researching to be doing now!
Money_Saving_Mum9 h, 50 m ago

Thank you all for your responses...I've got a lot of researching to be …Thank you all for your responses...I've got a lot of researching to be doing now!

When I needed new one last year I just bourt a silentnight mattress firm , when I got it I was happy but after a whilebi noticed it was probably too firm so I got a mattress topper for it and it's fine now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants