Mattress recommendations?

Found 12th May
Looking a new mattress and with a newborn baby and a toddler a day out to the shops to try out mattresses isn't really an option. Would like tried and tested recommendations? Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
18 Comments
Ours we used for baby like many was just sponge foam. Nothing special. Don't think baby weights much plus they are sick ect so get similar. I'd go for anything sensible money although I think I spent my first year in a pulled out draw on a blanket.
Edited by: "wayners" 12th May
What size are you looking for?
ikea ones usually get good reviews
It's for a baby folks. Well I think it is? If not I'm stepping back although premier Inn mattress gets talked about a lot here
Op was asking a few days ago about the Premier inn mattresses on here. I assume they’re still in a quandary whether or not to take the plunge
Mattresses don't fit any person. What's good for me might make you all achy instead.
If you're light you need less firmness compared to someone on the heavy side.

I recommend latex over memory foam as memory foam is chemical, smells in the beginning and retains heat so you sweat.

Or go for a decent pocket sprung mattress with a latex layer on top.
I can recommend ergoflex. Mine is 3 years old and still as good as new. Doesn't get hot like cheap memory foam mattresses

ergoflex.co.uk/?ut…wcB
Avoid memory foam, if for a cot then check amazon and read reviews. If Co sleeping be careful not to get anything too soft
Where does the idea it is for a baby come from? The dude doesn't want to take the baby shopping. In all honesty I'd try a mattress before buying. i have an ikea mattress but it really depends on what kind of mattress you like
I got a fantastic cotbed mattress from ebay, it had a Bamboo cover & Pocket Springs, was about £70 ish
Sorry, my wording could have been better. Mattress is for myself - just the idea of going out mattress shopping with a baby and toddler weren't appealing, was hoping to buy online. It was me asking about premier inn mattress but from my research learned they aren't the same on a slatted base and I've just bought a new bed and am not buying another. Just need an amazing superking mattress, atm I'm getting very little sleep so need it to be amazing when i do get it lol.
Roselilyjas9 h, 1 m ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E9A9FHQ/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_api_i_BrR9AbQ3535BWIs too good.. using for past 2 years

Really? For 2 adults?
chocci7 h, 38 m ago

I can recommend ergoflex. Mine is 3 years old and still as good as new. …I can recommend ergoflex. Mine is 3 years old and still as good as new. Doesn't get hot like cheap memory foam mattresseshttps://www.ergoflex.co.uk/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=brand_name&gclid=Cj0KCQjwodrXBRCzARIsAIU59TJbwVS2rdis_WTVjYzd_F1cxh3esch-wFEdwlnd8zs8_7Y8y9bKSRQaAl4wEALw_wcB

Looked into this one and read a few reviews of it sinking in the middle which deterred me. Is yours on divan or slatted base?
wayners9 h, 3 m ago

It's for a baby folks. Well I think it is? If not I'm stepping back …It's for a baby folks. Well I think it is? If not I'm stepping back although premier Inn mattress gets talked about a lot here

Sorry, I worded badly. It's for 2 adults lol
Ah. I would buy a Casper but the wife wound buy a Premier Inn if our current sealy memory foam wanted replacement which is also another option. Casper has a free trial and heard good reviews about it although on American podcasts. Now they sell here. Couldn't believe it but they do.
get it from costco, they always have offers and you can return it even after 10 months, we did, no other company would allow that and it was no questions asked.
Divan
Ateam111 h, 4 m ago

Looked into this one and read a few reviews of it sinking in the middle …Looked into this one and read a few reviews of it sinking in the middle which deterred me. Is yours on divan or slatted base?

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants