Mattress suggestion

Found 13th Jun 2017
I am looking for a king size mattress for my new apartment and would really appreciate some recommendation on here.

At the moment I am thinking to go for one of these new mattress in a box i.e Caper, Simba etc. Especially Simba looks good and it is decetly priced without going too overboard( £699). But I am worried it might be all hype and advertising????/

Any suggestions are welcome
Community Updates
12 Comments
Haven't used them but did consider Eve. If not happy just return it up to 100 days trial. Can't go wrong?
I have the Simba mattress ... also has a 100 day trial, I don't think we will be returning it.

I haven't found it too hot, which was my main concern as this is the issue many have with memory foam. I did initially purchase an Otty mattress but they kept pushing the delivery back, this seems to be a hybrid (deeper pocket springs than the simba).

I think they all smell a little bit but the Simba smell disperses after a couple of weeks.

House of Frasier stock the EVE mattress to try in store, JL stock the Simba. I found the SImba to be slightly firmer than the EVE but both softer than the memory foam IKEA mattress.

One thing to bear in mind is that they all use trust pilot review rings ... so try and look for reviews that are genuine,
Edited by: "speric07" 13th Jun 2017
I have this mattress (bought as a bed) ...

sueno.co.uk/mat…ss/

Now at £480 for a King size mattress - direct from the manufacturer (so a good chunk more if you find it retail).

Bought mine in August 2010 and I would say still as good as new.

Combination of a layer of memory foam on top of pocket springs.

Best mattress we've ever owned - if we needed to buy another bed this would be the one we'd buy again!

As well as been comfortable it has a "thermo regulating fabric. The Healthopaedic Smartcell 3000 Mattress absorbs body heat to keep you cool and re-emits that heat when required." This definitely works - the bed retains the heat for a lot longer than a conventional bed.

I suggest it is worth asking them for a stockist near to you for you to try. I originally saw it in a stockist as a bed for about £900 (I think!), googled it after the stockist wouldn't do me a deal and found the manufacturer selling them direct for about £230 cheaper!
I have bought 2 from Costco online pleased with both. m.costco.co.uk/vie…000
Was over 1000 pounds, for one of equivalent spec from the highstreet bed shops. The other was the dormeo which at the time was 166 for a double, and it really good also.
m.costco.co.uk/vie…557
You can't go wrong with Hynos soakandsleep.com/cla…tml . You can turn and rotate this to extend the life of it. No daft sewn on toppers ect and no gimmicks. Just a genuine tried and tested design with no roll together and no disturbing each other. You can add a mattress protector of your choosing and with it not being sewn on you can change it whenever you want. It's a no brainer really.
Edited by: "marty-401" 13th Jun 2017
marty-401

You can't go wrong with Hynos … You can't go wrong with Hynos https://www.soakandsleep.com/classic-oban-mat-with-wool-king.html . You can turn and rotate this to extend the life of it. No daft sewn on toppers ect and no gimmicks. Just a genuine tried and tested design with no roll together and no disturbing each other. You can add a mattress protector of your choosing and with it not being sewn on you can change it whenever you want. It's a no brainer really.

My only problem with Hypnos is Premier Inn always advertises them, and I've always found Premier Inn beds uncomfortably hard (to the extent that we bring a light topper with us when staying at one). I don't know if that's because Premier Inn gets the cheapest kind of Hypnos or what.
Always best to try before you buy but the principles I've mentioned still apply. As for the Premier inn ones, they only come with a 5 year guarantee but all other Hypnos come with a 10 year guarantee (I will leave it with you as to wether they are of the same quality).
We bought our last three from Warren Evans - they have local stores around London that you can try and make their own mattresses in London. Highly recommended on Which? report. A wide range to suit most budgets.
Original Poster
Ar460rn33 m ago

We bought our last three from Warren Evans - they have local stores around …We bought our last three from Warren Evans - they have local stores around London that you can try and make their own mattresses in London. Highly recommended on Which? report. A wide range to suit most budgets.

May I ask which one you get?
Hypnos all day long don’t scrimp on a mattress
rommy

May I ask which one you get?

We went for the Royal (1000 pocket springs) on the basis that it was the most comfortable for us - and indeed nine months later it is still very comfortable
I have the Magnificence Mattress double.. Medium - firm from Hamseys for a great price.

The Magnificence Mattress is one of the highest specification mattresses that Hamseys offers.

It has 3000-pocketed springs for ultra responsive support with a generous 90mm layer of high density memory foam pillow top which gives a class leading edge to edge Zonal spring support that all results in one of the most comfortable mattresses out there!

This outstanding mattress is 34cm deep and does not even require turning over.

Firmness: Medium Firm

Did take me a couple of weeks getting used to! By far the comfiest bed I have slept on!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions