Groups

mature students and UNI??

Does anyone know where i can find out what i need to get into UNI? im 28 in july and wanting to do business at UNI. I have googled it but cant seem to find an answer.....if anyone can help id be very grateful

13 Comments

You need qualifications....

lol

Original Poster

grex9101;5499749

You need qualifications.... lol

Being a mature student tho are they not a bit more flexible? all i have is a GNVQ in business and IT...

tazandsaz;5499757

Being a mature student tho are they not a bit more flexible? all i have … Being a mature student tho are they not a bit more flexible? all i have is a GNVQ in business and IT...

have you considered studying from home?

look at the open university :thumbsup::-D

It depends on which university you are looking at and the course - Email their admissions department and ask is the best advice .
    Good luck

Original Poster

loupomm;5499781

have you considered studying from home?look at the open university … have you considered studying from home?look at the open university :thumbsup::-D

i would consider it yeah...i guess i need to speak to a career adviser hah....

i just cant seem to find proper answers

Original Poster

GoDutchGo;5499795

It depends on which university you are looking at and the course - Email … It depends on which university you are looking at and the course - Email their admissions department and ask is the best advice .Good luck

i could do sunderland or newcastle i dont mind what one i go to really...i guess ill try find an email addy to email my quiries...thanks

I went back to Uni at the same age. I enquired about the courses I was interested in and got the info back on what I needed to gain entry. I had to attend night school as my qualifications were too old.

I had to have a Access to H.E as I only really had 1 GSCE. I did the Access course and a couple of GCSE's along side, got into Uni no trouble, They have a set amount of places set aside for mature students

Original Poster

thanks guys im gonna email the uni's and find out what i have to do

I got accepted last week for a Sept 09 place at cov uni I have A levels from over 20 yrs ago but they have also asked for recent proof that I am able to study. Just completed my CLAIT plus diploma so they have accepted that . They are much more flexible with "mature students" - but something like an "access" course or recent exam, even at GCSE level will definitely help

Original Poster

i have GNVQ and CLAIT from 1999 gcses from 97...i have no problem doing some sort of course b4 going as i dont think ill get in for sep 09
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat77749
      2. Your favourite member of the Labour shadow cabinet is .....22
      3. Bearded chat1222
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767499

See more discussions