Groups
    EXPIRED

Max Clifford-is there nothing he wont stoop to??

So he is going to milk the very last 20 percent out of Jade Goody by inviting a bidding war among the british gutter press to watch her die in public.

100 grand for the news of the world to get the exclusive interview ten minutes after she was told she was terminal.Am I the only person who finds this all utterly degrading and sickening?

Now he is asking for bids for her wedding pics for next week from the usual suspect magazines. I was never a fan of jades but what has happened to her is tragic,feel so sorry for her kids but the behaviour of clifford and the tabloids is disgraceful to the end.

we truly have reached the bottom of the barrel in this country.

46 Comments

I agree to some extent but as Jade has said she is trying to get as much money aspossible for the security and future of her kids.

but isn't max just representing jade? so she would have the final say on what goes on?

badgerrules;4387789

but isn't max just representing jade? so she would have the final say on … but isn't max just representing jade? so she would have the final say on what goes on?

:thumbsup: Jade said she wants to earn as much as she can before she dies so that her kids can have a secure future.

badgerrules;4387789

but isn't max just representing jade? so she would have the final say on … but isn't max just representing jade? so she would have the final say on what goes on?

That's my understanding on the situation too, he's just doing as what's being asked of him.

Growing up and seeing images of your dying mother over and over again isnt exactly a nice upbringing for these kids ,I personally think it is time for her to stop this Fame obsession she has,

he is a waste of space, a leech on people

Just seen him on the news involved with the 13 year old dad.

I don't know anyone called 'Max' who's not a total berk.

Original Poster

tonyg1962;4387847

Growing up and seeing images of your dying mother over and over again … Growing up and seeing images of your dying mother over and over again isnt exactly a nice upbringing for these kids ,I personally think it is time for her to stop this Fame obsession she has,

exactly-clifford is the engineer in all this-he milks every single last penny out of other peoples misery-if the british press had any decency at all they would not run the jade story-they seem to forget that many,many people are affected by cancer and dont need this on the front pages every day-tragically jade will be a media junkie to the end and will be remembered for what?

Would this be the Jade Goody who is already worth a reputed £3,000,000 ?

Just how much money do these children need?

I feel very sad for her condition, but this wholesale bidding to watch her die is vile.

How two faced are the press???? Not so long ago, Jade was branded a vile racist......Now she is a suffering cancer victim.

Hopefully any money raised will go to ensuring her children are well cared for after she has passed on.

But yes, I agree that it would appear mr clifford is prepared to do what he is paid to do.

to be fair if it didn't sell papers they wouldn't print it and good on her for making as much as she can for her kids future

Train Driver;4387981

How two faced are the press???? Not so long ago, Jade was branded a vile … How two faced are the press???? Not so long ago, Jade was branded a vile racist......Now she is a suffering cancer victim.

She was and now is.

I agree she should be able to make as much money as possible for her children.... it would be charitable if 'max' chose to donate his fee to charity or not take it at all under the circumstances.

If you don't agree with what she is doing then you can opt to ignore it, the fact it makes you uncomfortable is a problem with you and not her. I feel passionately about this as you can tell!!!!!

I would do exactly the same in her position, and thank god I am not.

Original Poster

Train Driver;4387981

How two faced are the press???? Not so long ago, Jade was branded a vile … How two faced are the press???? Not so long ago, Jade was branded a vile racist......Now she is a suffering cancer victim.

actually incredibly the very same notw journalist who destroyed her as a racist is now the one writing the story about her cancer-and you know what will come after she dies? the magazines and papers will latch on to "exclusive" stories from her husband to be who will tell the world how much he loves and misses jade without ever mentioning the numerous times he cheated on her. no doubt more equally vile members of her family will squeeze the last remnants of cash out of the sun/notw/mirror etc.

i cant believe how her life has suddenly came to this, from having it all to now losing it, it is very sad and mostly her children.

do you know I was never a fan of jade but I've got no problem whatsoever with what she's doing right now.

Here is a young mum doing everything she can to provide for her sons when she's gone by any means she can. all these interviews etc will give the kids something to remember her mum and who knows having this focus may be beneficial to not only jade but to everyone who watches or reads them. By highlighting her plight it may just mean a few extra woman go earlier for smear tests or help a family who is or have gone through something similar.

Fair play to her and I hope she gets as much cash as possible.

I have friend who has cancer and his 9 year old son knows he has it but doesnt really know how serious it is until now,Now all his friends are talking about it and he is going to hear all about how Jade dies and think exactly the same thing is happening to his dad even though his dad may have a few years,Now something he has been shielded from is playground talk and i dont doubt it will disturb many kids in his situation,

tonyg1962;4388241

I have friend who has cancer and his 9 year old son knows he has it but … I have friend who has cancer and his 9 year old son knows he has it but doesnt really know how serious it is until now,Now all his friends are talking about it and he is going to hear all about how Jade dies and think exactly the same thing is happening to his dad even though his dad may have a few years,Now something he has been shielded from is playground talk and i dont doubt it will disturb many kids in his situation,

That's very sad. Hopefully the dad can take the opportunity to talk to his son about this and make it clear to him how different his own case is from what he may or may not be hearing in the news.

Very hard times all round. My best wishes go to your friend and his family x x

wulshaz;4388067

i cant believe how her life has suddenly came to this, from having it all … i cant believe how her life has suddenly came to this, from having it all to now losing it, it is very sad and mostly her children.

yes bad things can happen in a split second. Best to live like each day might be your last.

Train Driver;4387981

Now she's a racist who's dying of cancer.

tonyg1962;4388241

I have friend who has cancer and his 9 year old son knows he has it but … I have friend who has cancer and his 9 year old son knows he has it but doesnt really know how serious it is until now,Now all his friends are talking about it and he is going to hear all about how Jade dies and think exactly the same thing is happening to his dad even though his dad may have a few years,Now something he has been shielded from is playground talk and i dont doubt it will disturb many kids in his situation,

It is a very sad fact of life. My own children lost their father and I have tried to allow to understand they are not freaks becuase of it. I have been asked by parents of other children to speak to my own boys as they talked about their dad dying and it upset the other kids.

Why should my children not have freedom to speak about their life? It is a stark reality, and yes the child may worry his parent will die but it happens and the only way around fear is to talk about it. My boys regularly talk to me about their fears and understand the way to feel better is to talk.... a problem shared is a problem halved. It is true, but if you don't want your child to hear these stories or others maybe they should be locked away just in case they are upset by something they hear????

moob;4388301

Now she's a racist who's dying of cancer.

But they will no longer call her racist.

The world is full of scum! ;-)

Touchy subject. I suppose Miss Goody would choose to make some money out of what she has left to give tabloids-wise - as a means for providing for her family and children.

Fame or infamy can amplify something which happens in hundreds and thousands of households up and down the country every year to people who are just as devastated

Train Driver;4388327

But they will no longer call her racist.

It's ok, I remember it. And I'm sure many others do too.

moob;4388405

It's ok, I remember it. And I'm sure many others do too.

It's all in the editing......

moob;4388405

It's ok, I remember it. And I'm sure many other do too.

I do. I'd always suspected that she might be a deeply horrible person under the surface of "Aw, sweet, stupid, 'armless likkle Jadey", and seeing her flare up like and use the words that she did proved my suspicions beautifully. Okay, I do feel sorry for her and her kids, and I don't mind admitting that I nearly shed a tear this morning when I read the MSDN feature on her life, but the fact that she's dying doesn't change the fact that she's an ****.

I can really see her becoming this decade's Diana. How long d'you reckon her tribute single stays in the charts, how many copies d'you think bored housewives are going to buy, and how long d'you reckon it'll be until the commemorative plates come out?

dxx;4388598

I do. I'd always suspected that she might be a deeply horrible person … I do. I'd always suspected that she might be a deeply horrible person under the surface of "Aw, sweet, stupid, 'armless likkle Jadey", and seeing her flare up like and use the words that she did proved my suspicions beautifully. Okay, I do feel sorry for her and her kids, and I don't mind admitting that I nearly shed a tear this morning when I read the MSDN feature on her life, but the fact that she's dying doesn't change the fact that she's an ****. I can really see her becoming this decade's Diana. How long d'you reckon her tribute single stays in the charts, how many copies d'you think bored housewives are going to buy, and how long d'you reckon it'll be until the commemorative plates come out?

You actually know her then? Pleased you have not formed an opinion based on what you have been shown and told about someone.

:whistling:

After Jade Goody was diagnosed with cervical cancer, she admitted that she had not had a smear test for a long period of time. She obviously now regrets that oversight, but the positive is that since it was reported in the press, the number of women reporting for smear tests had increased dramatically.

bankofmumndad;4388762

You actually know her then? Pleased you have not formed an opinion based … You actually know her then? Pleased you have not formed an opinion based on what you have been shown and told about someone.:whistling:

Oh god, cliches. Do you apply the same principle to your own perception of people, and have absolutely no opinion of everyone that you haven't personally met and spent meaningful time with?

Good luck to Jade - she was ridiculed when she appeared on big brother and turned her life around and made money - then had the racist incident - then turned all that around - and now she has terminal cancer - I wish her all the best and hope she gets as much money as possible - she wants the money for her children who are only 4 and 5 - how heartbreaking for her (and anyone else who has gone through this) she knows she is dying and wants to provide for her children she is doing what any mother would do in her position and that is putting her children first

its all very sad, but imo, she has enough for her kids surely, and their Dad is still around and doing ok financially, if i was Jade i would want to end my last 'months' purely spending time with my kids, im sure they need that more than more money

bankofmumndad;4388493

It's all in the editing......

Yeah, I added an 's' to other.:roll:

pugw$sh;4388822

After Jade Goody was diagnosed with cervical cancer, she admitted that … After Jade Goody was diagnosed with cervical cancer, she admitted that she had not had a smear test for a long period of time. She obviously now regrets that oversight, but the positive is that since it was reported in the press, the number of women reporting for smear tests had increased dramatically.

i hate smear tests!!! next one in june 2010 and im dreading it already!!!

Max is lopoking out for jade and why shouldn't he get paid, Jade has already said that she wants to make as much money as she can for her children, I think max getting 20% is the least of her worries.

I wish her all the best, no money will replce her but if she dies feeling happy that her children are secure thats all that matters

dxx;4389657

Oh god, cliches. Do you apply the same principle to your own perception … Oh god, cliches. Do you apply the same principle to your own perception of people, and have absolutely no opinion of everyone that you haven't personally met and spent meaningful time with?

I base my own opinion of what I know, not what I have been fed by the media. If that means I give people the opportunity to show me what they are made of then doesn't that mean I am not a 'racist' or 'agist' or 'sizeist' (the list goes on!) person.

I just think people jump at the chance to join the hate brigade because of what the papers say, or the editing of a tv show gives us.

I mean really, give the girl a break..... we all have an off day!

Banned

Elton John has now offered to host the wedding an Al Fayed has given her a wedding dress as a wedding present!

]http//ww…tml

bankofmumndad;4398685

I base my own opinion of what I know, not what I have been fed by the … I base my own opinion of what I know, not what I have been fed by the media. If that means I give people the opportunity to show me what they are made of then doesn't that mean I am not a 'racist' or 'agist' or 'sizeist' (the list goes on!) person. I just think people jump at the chance to join the hate brigade because of what the papers say, or the editing of a tv show gives us.I mean really, give the girl a break..... we all have an off day!:p

Yeah but not everything in the news is lies or what a publicist says is true, Some people are conniving and always out for themselves, Its sad about her illness but she was caught on TV saying racist remarks(this wasn't edited to make her look bad) As for making money for her kids future they will be fine financially and she should be spending the rest of her time making good memories before she gets too sick to, My sympathy goes out to the thousands of ordinary people going through this everyday.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Car park fine UKPC22
      2. Gaming Monitor22
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue44
      4. Iphone 7 - What Case?621

See more discussions