Maximum USB size my TV can read

7 replies
Found 5th Jan 2011
Hi,

Does anyone know what the maximum size USB sticks TV's can read? Is there a maximum?

The reason I ask is, I know there is a maximum with DVD's USB readers.

Thanks

1. Misc
  2. TV
  3. USB
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. TV
  3. USB
7 Comments

I suppose it depends on your tv and the speed of usb, power consumption shouldnt really be a factor. My Tv can at least handle a 8gb but ive noticed it takes longer to pick up and verify files compared with a 4gb, but that is to be expected

RTFM

i plugged a 250(with 2 usb plugs on) into a tv with only of 1 of the usbs and it worked!!!

Dont know but I use a 320GB hard drive on mine via USB connector will excellent results.

my hacked LG works no probs with a 500GB external desktop hard drive.

Original Poster

michaelmakro

Dont know but I use a 320GB hard drive on mine via USB connector will … Dont know but I use a 320GB hard drive on mine via USB connector will excellent results.

boabbyrab

my hacked LG works no probs with a 500GB external desktop hard drive.

I have a 500GB external hard drive and I never even thought of using it! I'm going to give it a try and post my results
Edited by: "jonny619447" 5th Jan 2011

Original Poster

I plugged it in and I was quite impressed.

It seperates the movies, photo's and music files into seperate lists and then shows me the libary for each and plays them on a pretty impressive looking media player. Had no idea it done that.

Well pleased
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anyone visiting centre parc longleat between 27th-30th34
    2. Sainsbury's tu33
    3. Switch from BT to BT same property different person634
    4. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…55

See more discussions