May bank holiday date had been moved from Monday 4 May to Friday 8 May to mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day.

Posted 30th Dec 2019Edited by:"ChuckTheDuck"
‘Millions’ of calendars and diaries printed with wrong May bank holiday after last-minute date change

uk.style.yahoo.com/mil…tml
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

12 Comments
Couldn't have been last minute as my diary, bought a few months ago, has it.

39536848-XXRMs.jpg
My Poundland calendar has the 4th as BH lol
Predikuesi30/12/2019 09:46

Couldn't have been last minute as my diary, bought a few months ago, has …Couldn't have been last minute as my diary, bought a few months ago, has it.[Image]

I don't believe you. Can we have a copy of the receipt please?
I really don’t know why this has suddenly hit the news cycle.

My local Clintons has had a warning sign posted on the shelf since at least as far back as October, advising of this change and apologising that the diaries were printed months in advance.

Its like some local journalist who only uses faceache and twitter as their source and never leaves the office has just discovered this in their diary and thought they’d make a story of it.
ArcadeAssassin30/12/2019 11:38

I really don’t know why this has suddenly hit the news cycle. My local C …I really don’t know why this has suddenly hit the news cycle. My local Clintons has had a warning sign posted on the shelf since at least as far back as October, advising of this change and apologising that the diaries were printed months in advance. Its like some local journalist who only uses faceache and twitter as their source and never leaves the office has just discovered this in their diary and thought they’d make a story of it.

It is a slow news day.
I book May day Monday off work each year to go away with the kids as they are off school on the Monday have done for years, booked Hotel last year for the Sunday night as still showing as May day Monday on school calendar as per normal only to find date changed later on to the Friday, not to happy as kids will still take the Monday off regardless.

Noticed some schools are still taking the Monday and others the Friday.
Paper-based diaries?

Their days are numbered.
My work doesn't do bank holidays except at Christmas, when we shut 4pm 24th December, and normally back 3rd Jan (except this year when we're the 6th).

And the local council is a law unto itself. The November 30th holiday got bumped to 6th December.
Next people will be telling me Xmas day next year will fall on a Thursday.
Joey.Bloggsy30/12/2019 23:23

Next people will be telling me Xmas day next year will fall on a Thursday.

Isn't it a leap year next hear? So it won't
nadhaw30/12/2019 23:31

Isn't it a leap year next hear? So it won't

Keke
it was moved for 75th anerversery of VE Day.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants