May Bank of England interest rate hike now in play - Reuters poll

Found 15th FebEdited by:"davewave"
Borrowing costs in Britain will probably increase in May, earlier than previously thought, according to a Reuters poll taken after the Bank of England said last week it was likely to hike earlier and by more than it thought only three months ago.

Time to remortgage and fix at low rates?
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
groenleader16 m ago

Rack it up!

Yea smash it up, been saving my ass off and had nothing for years in interest
11 Comments
Rack it up!
Nah.. Let it ride as I ain't fixing. Paid 3k to get out of a 9.95% fixed rate once..
groenleader16 m ago

Rack it up!

Yea smash it up, been saving my ass off and had nothing for years in interest
Interesting. I did post a response but the mods have cut it. It explained why Carney's Pr*ject F3ar allegiance meant he has little choice but to hike rates, despite what it will do to the economy. All the voters, especially these with a mortgage are about to be asked to revote on a certain key European topic and it's really important to the MPC that voters are very scared

Mind you, it also challenged your statement that rates were going to rise earlier than expected. Even Merve the Swerve was forecasting a rise when he was Govenor! May as well believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden as a BoE prediction

Its always a great idea to fix at a low rate. Good luck.
Edited by: "ccnp" 15th Feb
Original Poster
ccnp2 h, 13 m ago

Interesting. I did post a response but the mods have cut it. It …Interesting. I did post a response but the mods have cut it. It explained why Carney's Pr*ject F3ar allegiance meant he has little choice but to hike rates, despite what it will do to the economy. All the voters, especially these with a mortgage are about to be asked to revote on a certain key European topic and it's really important to the MPC that voters are very scaredMind you, it also challenged your statement that rates were going to rise earlier than expected. Even Merve the Swerve was forecasting a rise when he was Govenor! May as well believe in fairies at the bottom of the garden as a BoE predictionIts always a great idea to fix at a low rate. Good luck.

Did you expect rates to stay historically low forever?
Hi Dave
33270479-d1wuj.jpg
Remember rates can go up as well as down,
33270618.jpgAdded house prices and immigration,
33270618-EXLXs.jpg33270618-WAWbm.jpgFor anyone interested in finding any links.
Edited by: "shadey12" 15th Feb
Weak growth,brexit worries,and inflation is mainly due to external forces so any increase in rates this year woild be a stupid thingbto do.

But as we are ruled by the stupid looks like we are heading to higher rates with near zero growth to look forwsrd too.
It will be interesting from April 2019. People contributing to workplace pensions having to put 5% of earnings and also absorb rate rises than will affect mortgage payments (unless fixed), personal loans and car loans etc.

Personally I see there being a lull/crash the end of 2019-2020 when the squeeze begins to hit business and people.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants