Groups

Maybe a problem with my car??

Hi i just went to start my car after not using it all day and it would start,you could hear it attempting to start but nothing,it seems ok now but thinking i might need a new battery soon,my car seems to start better when i wait for the dashboard icons/lights to go off when turning the key and as soon as they have gone out the car starts fine,am i ment to wait for these to go out then attempt to start the car?
    my car is a 1.8 vectra petrol

thanks

5 Comments

you only wait for lights to go out on a diesel

my car seems to start better when i wait for the dashboard icons/lights to go off when turning the key and as soon as they have gone out the car starts fine

This could also be down to the fuel pump priming itself, and getting the fuel from the drainback in the tank upto the injectors.

or to the immobiliser needing to read the chip in the key. on fords you have to wait until the clock light stops flashing before trying to start the engine

Original Poster

wolf359;6318451

or to the immobiliser needing to read the chip in the key. on fords you … or to the immobiliser needing to read the chip in the key. on fords you have to wait until the clock light stops flashing before trying to start the engine

could be, my car does have a immobiliser,also recently i have fitted a better stereo,could that drain it when i try to start the engine?

strobez1977;6318515

could be, my car does have a immobiliser,also recently i have fitted a … could be, my car does have a immobiliser,also recently i have fitted a better stereo,could that drain it when i try to start the engine?

Can you listen to it without the ignition on? If so, then you have a permanent live and it could be draining the battery. When was the battery last replaced, and how old/how many miles on the car ?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4832317
      2. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!11
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?36200
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764698

See more discussions