Mayonnaise Brownies

just got email from asda with this funny link in it:

groceries.asda.com/asd….PR

really Mayonnaise in brownies well sounds like one of those idea that could be rubish or great!!!

Seems like google thinks its a good anyway we know now what asda put in their brownies....

12 Comments

That doesn't compute in my brain. Unless it's just a way of replacing the eggs...

Original Poster

40g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
25g cocoa powder
140g plain chocolate, broken into small pieces
3 medium eggs
225g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
8 dollops* Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise (110g)

eggs are already on the list it might be to replace the butter
butter =fat = Mayonnaise
Still seems a bit odd to me

Seems like an intresting idea might try at some stage
Edited by: "johnjoedb" 16th May 2011

Adam2050

That doesn't compute in my brain. Unless it's just a way of replacing the … That doesn't compute in my brain. Unless it's just a way of replacing the eggs...

it tastes really nice! it changes the consistancy but dont quote me on it
Edited by: "golemsmate" 16th May 2011

It's been on BBC good food for ages, I tried it once, was ok, not the greatest brownie recipe tbh,

skellysgirl

It's been on BBC good food for ages, I tried it once, was ok, not the … It's been on BBC good food for ages, I tried it once, was ok, not the greatest brownie recipe tbh,

What it did change flavour wise?

No not really, if I remember rightly, it was cooked well on the outside and quite gooey in the middle.

Original Poster

MIght be the recepy you used..... anyway im gonna give it a try some stage, seee how they turn out

i got this recipe in one of the supermarket magazines and its in my pile to try (along with all the other ripped out recipes i want to try)

it works ok actually. They seem more greasy than normal though.

Banned

I'd be more impressed with brownie mayo.

master_chief

I'd be more impressed with brownie mayo.

baconnaise.com/

it could happen
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763948
    2. What an absolute disgrace2150
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846084

See more discussions