Groups
    EXPIRED

Mazda 6 - Fob Programing

Hey Everyone,

This is a bit of a long shot.. but is there anyone online who can help me out with my Mazda 6?

Bascily one day my fob stopped transmitting to the car.. I assume (and still do) that the fobs batterey has worn out.

anyways, after googling i have found this set by setp instuctions to re-program the key..

open drivers door..
    lock the door manualy with the switch 3 times
    put key into ignition and turn to "On" possition then to off in under 10secs.
    return key to "off" postion.
    open and close drivers door 3 times.
    ECU responds with 1 locking and unlocking (which it does)
    press any button on the remote twice
    pull key out
    ECU responds with 4 locking and unlocks (which it does)

end.

so anyways ive done this about 10 times, each time i do it, i exit and shut the door and zap the car.. but it seems that the remote just doesnt want to know.

I have put brand new batteries in the remote, and each time i click the button a light appears, so i know the fob is working..

Any ideas ppl? lol
    I dont want to take it to mazda, for them to do a simler thing and then charge me for it.

Thanks everyone

17 Comments

Original Poster

My key looks like this btw:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ea_NnCCjuXw/R1RYN0n0C-I/AAAAAAAAAAw/6ECFJBlXlLA/s400/2.jpg

not sure how a picture of my key is going help, but eh..

Try Mazdaforums- website for enthusiasts of the marque running for around 7 years I think

Original Poster

Heres a pic of my car, if u see me wave, or somthing..
    http://www.carfolio.com/images/dbimages/zgas/models/id/9375/mazda6_2.jpg

Original Poster

MIZEEKS;4531096

Try Mazdaforums- website for enthusiasts of the marque running for around … Try Mazdaforums- website for enthusiasts of the marque running for around 7 years I think

yeah i tryed there, thats where i got the above procedure from, no1 is replying to my post though

Original Poster

The neihbours are wondering why i keep oping and closing my door lol..

Tanchi;4531116

The neihbours are wondering why i keep oping and closing my door lol..

Just tell them you farted in the car:-D

Original Poster

clondikemike;4531172

Just tell them you farted in the car:-D

lol

Original Poster

/bump

no1 at all?
    i think i will give mazda a call tommorw and tell them the process of that im doing and see if they know of a step that i am missing..

Do you have a master key? Probably have to use that first and then follow a similar procedure for each key you want to link.

That's what you do with Ford's and Fiat's so assume most manufacturers require the same.

Original Poster

v2drinkers;4531378

WOW thats your car?How much for the private number plate?:whistling:

£5

its was very cheap, the plate cost £3 and the stancil and pens came to £2

About a year ago I had to re-programme the key for my Mazda (Premacy) - I followed some instructions for the 6 and it worked - slightly different from yours but a similar thing....so I've amended yours

open drivers door..and leave open
    lock then unlock the door manually with the door switch
    put key into ignition and turn to "On" possition then to off 3 times in under 10secs (you must wait for the dash lights to go out each time before switching back on)
    open and close drivers door 3 times (door should be left open).
    ECU responds with 1 locking and unlocking (which it does)
    press any button on the remote twice - ecu responds by locking and unlocking car doors
    pull key out
    ECU responds with 4 locking and unlocks (which it does)

Sounds like complete gibberish but it worked

Edit - found the thread
    forum.mazda6club.com/ind…964 see post 4 and 5

Original Poster

gari189;4534115

About a year ago I had to re-programme the key for my Mazda (Premacy) - I … About a year ago I had to re-programme the key for my Mazda (Premacy) - I followed some instructions for the 6 and it worked - slightly different from yours but a similar thing....so I've amended yoursopen drivers door..and leave openlock then unlock the door manually with the door switch put key into ignition and turn to "On" possition then to off 3 times in under 10secs (you must wait for the dash lights to go out each time before switching back on)open and close drivers door 3 times (door should be left open).ECU responds with 1 locking and unlocking (which it does)press any button on the remote twice - ecu responds by locking and unlocking car doorspull key outECU responds with 4 locking and unlocks (which it does)Sounds like complete gibberish but it workedEdit - found the thread http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=29964 see post 4 and 5

thanks bud, im going to try this now.
    i'll let you know if it works.

i really apreactie your help. thanks!
    rep left :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Tanchi;4534697

thanks bud, im going to try this now.i'll let you know if it works.i … thanks bud, im going to try this now.i'll let you know if it works.i really apreactie your help. thanks!rep left :thumbsup:

unfortunlty it didnt work, when u switch the key to the "on" possition the only lights that go out are the indicator dsc and cruise light. anyways i waitted each time for them to go out, it still made it though, the ECU responded etc.. but still when pressing the button twice on the fob the car did not respond.

How many keys have u got for the car ?

Have u got another one ?

Original Poster

Mecoconuts;4534993

How many keys have u got for the car ?Have u got another one ?

Just the one key

Original Poster

i've emailed mazda, they will prob tell me to pop in and let them "fix" it for £100 or somthing silly

I'm having a similar problem with my key fob for mazda 6 2008. Awhile back the boot started playing up and I couldnt open it with either the key fob or the button on the back of the car. I changed the battery in the fob and it worked fine for a month or so then started doing it again. I took it to a Timson as I thought maybe i was using cheap batteries. He tested the fob and said it wasnt emitting a strong signal and it needed replacing. Now it seems its almost died, I can unlock the doors fine but cant do anything else with it. My boot is shut and I can only open it with the manual release inside the boot. Ive had a quote for £200 for a new key but dont want to pay that much
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Rain effect window. The one from FRIENDS! Please help!22
      2. How to cancel Sky subscription68
      3. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)913
      4. Help sought - Cheap(est) smartphone with Standard SIM for short period of u…11

See more discussions