Found 31st Oct 2007
i have been given an lg shine today but when i put my sim in it says limited service and has a red cross next to the picture of the signal,it still allows me to access phoebook etc and the person who gave it me thought it was unlocked,any ideas??or where to take it to be repaired?:?

18 Comments

Ask the person to put the sim in that they were using with the phone.

Original Poster

yes will have to wait a week though b4 i see them,would it allow me to see my messages,phonebook etc though it was locked to another network?

Sloth/Mod

Sounds like the phone could be barred. Are you sure they've not give you a stolen phone?

Original Poster

im sure,it was my sister who gave it to me,actually to cut a long story short she told insurance it was broke so she could get a new one?

Original Poster

if the phone has been barred can i get to use it somehow?

Original Poster

how do i do that and is that what could be the matter with it?

edjaned

how do i do that and is that what could be the matter with it?

Since it's illegal, and can get you many years in prison, I'm guessing that you won't get told how to do so :whistling:

Sloth/Mod

edjaned

what could be the matter with it?

The phone company/insurance company have blocked the phone from use.

Original Poster

Mattitude

Since it's illegal, and can get you many years in prison, I'm guessing … Since it's illegal, and can get you many years in prison, I'm guessing that you won't get told how to do so :whistling:

sounds major for changing a phone code wont a slap on the wrists do

Original Poster

oh balls back to using the house brick then!

Sloth/Mod

edjaned

I'd worry more for your sister as she has commited insurance fraud. :whistling:

Banned

edjaned

what your sister has done is fraud, and now your asking on here how to illegally unbar it, jeeze the members here sometimes totally amaze me:roll:

Original Poster

so no-one else would take a free phone if given to them,all i know is i was given a phone by my sister that she had lying around,im using a brick that is unreliable and i didnt even think that by asking on here what was the matter with the thing i would be ridiculed!i just thought it was broke thats all!!

Banned

edjaned

so no-one else would take a free phone if given to them,all i know is i … so no-one else would take a free phone if given to them,all i know is i was given a phone by my sister that she had lying around,im using a brick that is unreliable and i didnt even think that by asking on here what was the matter with the thing i would be ridiculed!i just thought it was broke thats all!!

you are not being ridiculed, although im amazed you havent been, you have come on here told us your sister has comitted fraud with an insurance company and how can you illegally unbar it :whistling:

Original Poster

listen i told you what happened im going back to using the brick so lets just leave it at that and as for the phone you will be happy to know i am throwing it in the bin as we speak,i only took it as i was given it 4 nothing i need a phone especially with 5 kids and am skint end of

Banned

edjaned

listen i told you what happened im going back to using the brick so lets … listen i told you what happened im going back to using the brick so lets just leave it at that and as for the phone you will be happy to know i am throwing it in the bin as we speak,i only took it as i was given it 4 nothing i need a phone especially with 5 kids and am skint end of

yes you did tell us:giggle: :giggle:

Your lucky that it was barred because had you used it, the imei number would've been shown to your network and it would've possibly ended up in your sister being asked awkward questions.

If the phone is reported broken, and not stolen you could legally sell it on for parts.

Original Poster

thesaint

Your lucky that it was barred because had you used it, the imei number … Your lucky that it was barred because had you used it, the imei number would've been shown to your network and it would've possibly ended up in your sister being asked awkward questions.If the phone is reported broken, and not stolen you could legally sell it on for parts.

yes thanks i didnt think of that!have thrown it now anyway wouldnt want my sis getting in trouble 4 it:-(
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!34
    2. Spotify family22
    3. Gala Bingo/Games. Deposit £5 get £40 cashback. Quidco - new Gala members11
    4. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?11

See more discussions