Mc Donald's Root Beer

Found 21st Feb 2015
I have fond memories of going into Bournemouth town centre Mc Donald's on the way back from ice skating back in the 80's and getting a Root Beer.
Why the heck did they stop doing them. We need to start a petition to bring them back to Macky D's.

26 Comments

Probably because it's vile. Walking around WDW in Orlando, all you can smell is Germolene and they gave me Root beer instead of Cola once.... evil stuff (I do remember McDonalds UK selling it though. It was years ago mind)

I worked there and no one ever bought it!! It tasted like cleaning fluid. Also, when root beer was available, there was no deal with Coca Cola. Do you not recall ordering a coke and being told "that's McDonald's cola, is that ok?". When the coca cola partnership was struck, that was when root beer ceased to be sold, making way for Coke, Sprite and Fanta.

I don't often visit maccy d's, and used to love root beer. I once went in and asked for root beer with my meal, and was told they had stopped selling it 3 years earlier!

Original Poster

Comment

Denziloshamen

I worked there and no one ever bought it!! It tasted like cleaning fluid. … I worked there and no one ever bought it!! It tasted like cleaning fluid. Also, when root beer was available, there was no deal with Coca Cola. Do you not recall ordering a coke and being told "that's McDonald's cola, is that ok?". When the coca cola partnership was struck, that was when root beer ceased to be sold, making way for Coke, Sprite and Fanta.

I remember the cola question well as I worked there myself and had to ask the question every time someone ordered a coke.

I love it ...but kids say it taste like medicine.....oO

The only thing I used to go into maccys for was a rootbeer.

Take one bottle of cola, add Deep Heat or any other muscle cream, mix it together and you have root beer.

This is the greatest crime of the modern era if you ask me. If we are to continue to develop as a society we need root beer back on the menu, not just in McDonald's but in newsagents, at cafes and in ice cream vans.

Has anyone noticed that since root beer was removed from the menu we've had the banking crisis, 9/11, war in the middle east, global warming and the Chelyabinsk meteor? Please don't try and tell me that's a coincidence...
Edited by: "spaceinvader" 21st Feb 2015

Denziloshamen

I worked there and no one ever bought it!! It tasted like cleaning fluid. … I worked there and no one ever bought it!! It tasted like cleaning fluid. Also, when root beer was available, there was no deal with Coca Cola. Do you not recall ordering a coke and being told "that's McDonald's cola, is that ok?". When the coca cola partnership was struck, that was when root beer ceased to be sold, making way for Coke, Sprite and Fanta.

but barqs root beer is coca cola company so dont understand why they wouldnt start selling that

best drink this was at McDonalds

best drink this was at McDonalds

They do root beer in cans is asda.. Love it!!!

karene28

They do root beer in cans is asda.. Love it!!!

carters root beer is a 4/10. if im desperate i will buy it but i usually pay silly prices at american candy stores in the uk for A+W, Dads, Barqs. going to florida in may so i will have my fill. predicting 2ltrs a day haha. the best drink in the world. imho

derbywiiman

but barqs root beer is coca cola company so dont understand why they … but barqs root beer is coca cola company so dont understand why they wouldnt start selling that

The UK won't get the same range of drinks as in the U.S. You also missed my first point that no one ever bought it, so they're not going to stock it for the three people a week who did seem to like it. It wasn't commercially viable in the UK. The Americans on the other hand are just weird and so you're more than likely to find root beer everywhere there!!

Banned

It was truly nasty stuff.
Also LOL at the memories of people taunting the poor McDonald's workers by constantly asking them for Coke, knowing they'd have to answer with that standard reply.

Bring it back, it may taste like germolene but proper refreshing, start the petition, I will sign it!

Python

I don't often visit maccy d's, and used to love root beer. I once went … I don't often visit maccy d's, and used to love root beer. I once went in and asked for root beer with my meal, and was told they had stopped selling it 3 years earlier!

Did you ask for a burger prepared differently to the set menu?

It always takes them ages to make my special orders too.

Villa

It was truly nasty stuff.Also LOL at the memories of people taunting the … It was truly nasty stuff.Also LOL at the memories of people taunting the poor McDonald's workers by constantly asking them for Coke, knowing they'd have to answer with that standard reply.

I used to ask for an "Orange Root Beer" because that is how the two beverages were displayed on the menu boards; both were the same price.

After a while they separated the items with a dot.

One thing McDonald's have got right though; their filter coffee.

Much cheaper than any of the usual high street barista-style chains &, in some cases, McDonald's coffee tastes better too!

Banned

fanpages

I used to ask for an "Orange Root Beer" because that is how the two … I used to ask for an "Orange Root Beer" because that is how the two beverages were displayed on the menu boards; both were the same price.After a while they separated the items with a dot.One thing McDonald's have got right though; their filter coffee.Much cheaper than any of the usual high street barista-style chains &, in some cases, McDonald's coffee tastes better too!

Their hot chocolate seems rather good value for money. Not quite the same standard as my favourite (Starbucks) but at half the price, it's not bad at all.

Villa

Their hot chocolate seems rather good value for money. Not quite the same … Their hot chocolate seems rather good value for money. Not quite the same standard as my favourite (Starbucks) but at half the price, it's not bad at all.

Even if 50% of it is bad, you are breaking even.

i love going to Belgium where they have Jupiler beer as a drink option,how very civilised

I remember being about 4-5 and crying at my dad to buy me a root beer, he was adamant i wouldn't like it, but i wanted it...

I didn't like it..

http://images.rapgenius.com/107572e19a863f60ee7981519140f237.476x354x1.jpg

haritori

I remember being about 4-5 and crying at my dad to buy me a root beer, he … I remember being about 4-5 and crying at my dad to buy me a root beer, he was adamant i wouldn't like it, but i wanted it...............................................I didn't like it..

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

fanpages

Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

FP you sure do Stand & Deliver.

haritori

FP you sure do Stand & Deliver.

Same album; different track. Close enough, I suppose

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants