Groups

Mcafee.anti virus..any good deals ??

hi anyone know of any deals on this anti virus..dos,nt have to be multi user, one is ok..hopefully a cd version..thanks in advance..

13 Comments

Why not use free AVG, I'm sure there was a good deal on the upgraded version on here too. - avg.com/uk.…all
    not sure if this link still works, here's the key too 8MEH-REDSL-7ETEC-ULA8R-EAOKL-4EMBR-ACED

Anyone I know thats had McAfee, have got viruses that it didn't pick up. I think the free AVG is better, as the poster above said. When I use that along with free Comodo firewall, I get no viruses or anything on my computer.

I've been using AVG for the last 6 years and touch wood never a a virus yet. I'd recommend it.

i been with mcafee 2 years an think its very good no problems
    avg allways for some reason picks up my cookies as virus for some reason? but alot of ppl i know do use it cuz its free

Original Poster

ok thanks for the above, as its for a friend, they have a new pc with a free short term use of mcafee, thing is to install the avg..will it load up easy ? will we have to erase the mcafee when it runs out, which is,nt to far away ? how do we get rid of it ? just in the remove, install box on the pc , etc ??? thanks in advance.

If you need to uninstall it go to this link - there is a free tool which will remove it for you-
    pchell.com/vir…tml

Another good prog is [url]www.avast.com[/url] :thumbsup:
    Used it for years.

Original Poster

thanks for that, think we will have a go..mart..

esq3585;4083620

Another good prog is [url]www.avast.com[/url] :thumbsup:Used it for years.

+1 - avast is my choice too

Banned

If you are an HSBC customer , you can download Mcafee AV for free from their site.The license is valid for one year

Like previously mentioned - Avast. Sits quietly in the background and does its job. Plus free.

the porter;4084216

avast without a doubt :avast has updated your database:

*American Accent* "virus database has been updated". Ah, good old Avast

Banned

mbgringo;4084385

*American Accent* "virus database has been updated". Ah, good old Avast

yeah its this one! and its the steven hawking voice man... he knows his sheet! if he says its been updated then its been updated DAMMIT!

I use nod32 now... used to use avast
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?33197
      2. Rest In Peace Jerry Lewis.66
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?66
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?99

See more discussions