McDelivery is being switched back on in over 500 McDonald's restaurants next week

Posted 5th Jun
Email received from McDonald's copied and pasted below.

Hi everyone,

I am delighted to confirm we have reopened over 1,000 of our restaurants for Drive-thru or McDelivery® in recent weeks. I want to take a moment to thank our incredible restaurant teams, franchisees and suppliers who have worked tirelessly in new and often challenging circumstances to get serving the UK and Ireland again.

Adjusting to our new safety and wellbeing procedures is our top priority, but it isn't easy, and I am particularly grateful to the patience and kindness you have shown our employees as we get used to the 'new normal' at McDonald's. Smaller teams, limited menu, reduced hours, face coverings and Perspex screens have all impacted how we do our jobs – but these measures are there to help keep our teams and our franchisees' teams safe.

We've had an incredible welcome back to so many communities, while I know many of you have queued and waited for longer than usual for your McDonald's favourites – thank you. We are extremely grateful for the support you have shown our restaurants as they have reopened.

Next week we will switch McDelivery® back on in over 500 restaurants, with the help of our delivery partners Uber Eats and Just Eat. As with our Drive-thru operations, it might take a little longer. We expect demand to once again be high and both of these factors might impact service times. But I know you'll continue to show the patience we've seen all week and I thank you again for your understanding.

We are working hard behind the scenes to open for longer and offer more services. I hope that within a few weeks we will be able to start trialling breakfast service.

It's great to be back, but as we continue to reopen, I want to work with you to prevent littering in the communities surrounding our restaurants. It is so important we continue to look after the areas in which we live, we've seen the importance of both community spirit and support more than ever in recent weeks. Rest assured that our employees will continue their regular litter patrols around our restaurants, but please do help them and dispose of your rubbish responsibly or take it home with you.

Please continue to bear with us. Employee safety remains my top priority and we will only move forward with new services and menu items when we're confident we can do so whilst still enabling a safe working environment.

Regards,
Paul Pomroy
Chief Executive Officer, McDonald's UK and Ireland
Community Updates
19 Comments
Just after all the O2 Uber Eats codes and the 30FOOD code expires
Just order 24 hours in advance
jamie1505/06/2020 19:32

I know, that's a shame

At least it will be possible get it though without driving up
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 5th Jun
Whoohoo05/06/2020 19:33

Just order 24 hours in advance

You can't pre-order with McDonald's and a few other big brands
jamie1505/06/2020 19:35

You could with KFC before lockdown (I've done it before) but no longer possible. Very likely because of the high demand after reopening
No delivery to me am way out in the sticks
jamie1505/06/2020 19:32

Hi Jamie, we tried to use the 02 £10 code few days ago, the discount came off but when about to pay, message came up to say order couldn't go through etc and we tried again but new message came up to say video has been used

Any suggestions or is it lost for good? Thanks
Gollywood05/06/2020 20:20

Hi Jamie, we tried to use the 02 £10 code few days ago, the discount came … Hi Jamie, we tried to use the 02 £10 code few days ago, the discount came off but when about to pay, message came up to say order couldn't go through etc and we tried again but new message came up to say video has been used Any suggestions or is it lost for good? Thanks

I know you asked @jamie15 but if you mean the £10 Priority code was lost after the order couldn't go through, try contacting support. If you get the usual rubbish answer that morning can be done or you used it etc then unfortunately there's not more you can do but it may be worth emailing the CEO
andrewworrall105/06/2020 20:21

I know you asked @jamie15 but if you mean the £10 Priority code was lost …I know you asked @jamie15 but if you mean the £10 Priority code was lost after the order couldn't go through, try contacting support. If you get the usual rubbish answer that morning can be done or you used it etc then unfortunately there's not more you can do but it may be worth emailing the CEO

Uber or 02 support?
Gollywood05/06/2020 20:22

Uber or 02 support?

See if O2 can help first as I think they provided the codes (correct me if I'm wrong), then Uber if O2 aren't helpful
Gollywood05/06/2020 20:20

Hi Jamie, we tried to use the 02 £10 code few days ago, the discount came … Hi Jamie, we tried to use the 02 £10 code few days ago, the discount came off but when about to pay, message came up to say order couldn't go through etc and we tried again but new message came up to say video has been used Any suggestions or is it lost for good? Thanks

It's Uber. Their customer service is completely unable to understand how their discount codes work and will never help. They might tell you their boilerplate message of place the order and we will look into it if the discount doesn't apply. Once you place your order they then will do everything to avoid honouring it.

Still worth contacting them if you have time to kill and tell them what happened.
Got to be the worst food for delivery quality available.
jamie1505/06/2020 20:26

It's Uber. Their customer service is completely unable to understand how …It's Uber. Their customer service is completely unable to understand how their discount codes work and will never help. They might tell you their boilerplate message of place the order and we will look into it if the discount doesn't apply. Once you place your order they then will do everything to avoid honouring it.Still worth contacting them if you have time to kill and tell them what happened.

Honestly, it's probably not worth the hassle. Gutting really especially when you've looked forward to an evening munch & told the Mrs, tonight, I'll be taking care of dinner
andrewworrall105/06/2020 20:23

See if O2 can help first as I think they provided the codes (correct me if …See if O2 can help first as I think they provided the codes (correct me if I'm wrong), then Uber if O2 aren't helpful

Actually O2 are not getting involved, all code issues have to be dealt with via Uber.
Edited by: "jamie15" 5th Jun
If the queues don’t die down the delivery guys will soon get sick for what they are paid. Should really wait a little longer before starting deliveries again.
Had one once, I thought it was overpriced carp. Why anyone would queue defeats me. Just learn to cook.
jamie1505/06/2020 19:35

Yeah was meant as a joke for how long it'll take to get after ordering
eslick05/06/2020 20:47

If the queues don’t die down the delivery guys will soon get sick for what …If the queues don’t die down the delivery guys will soon get sick for what they are paid. Should really wait a little longer before starting deliveries again.

It's likely that delivery will only be switched on in restaurants that don't have drive thru, at least that's what has been happening so far.
jamie1506/06/2020 13:10

It's likely that delivery will only be switched on in restaurants that …It's likely that delivery will only be switched on in restaurants that don't have drive thru, at least that's what has been happening so far.

Yeah seems that way from the headlines today.
Post a comment
@
    Text