McDonald's Delaying Monopoly + Stopping Dine In, All Restaurants Take Away/Delivery only.

Posted 17th Mar
UPDATE: ALL MCDONALD'S STORES IN THE UK AND IRELAND CLOSING FROM 23RD MARCH AT 7PM.

McDonald's just announced that this will be in place from 5am tomorrow.

Regarding Monopoly

As we review the broader implications of the pandemic, we have taken the decision to delay this year's Monopoly promotion until we can be confident that customers can win, claim and redeem the prizes available.

This year’s prizes include a number of luxury holidays, European city breaks and cruises which will have all been impacted by current and ongoing restrictions on international travel. Following conversations with our suppliers and prize partners, we feel it is appropriate to delay the promotion until later this year.

I apologise for any disappointment caused by this update and I look forward to Monopoly returning to our restaurants as soon as possible

Full email below:

3423701.jpg
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

35 Comments
NOOOO not Monopoly! Do they really have to cancel that seeing as you can still order McDonald's for delivery? Are you sure it's not just been scheduled for a later date instead?
andrewworrall117/03/2020 19:27

NOOOO not Monopoly! Do they really have to cancel that seeing as you can …NOOOO not Monopoly! Do they really have to cancel that seeing as you can still order McDonald's for delivery? Are you sure it's not just been scheduled for a later date instead?

Yes they've pushed it back indefinitely. Actually a good thing, I've been wondering for the last week what they would do. Not enough people would be able to go to McDonald's (only place that guarantees stickers is in store)
Edited by: "jamie15" 17th Mar
jamie1517/03/2020 19:28

Yes they've pushed it back indefinitely. Actually a good thing, I've been …Yes they've pushed it back indefinitely. Actually a good thing, I've been wondering for the last week what they would do. Not enough people would be able to go to McDonald's (only place that guarantees stickers is in store)

Indefinitely would mean forever. So we'll never get McDonald's Monopoly ever again or just this year? It's honestly a stupid move, to cancel it altogether. Postponing if would be more appropriate.
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 17th Mar
andrewworrall117/03/2020 19:30

Indefinitely would mean forever. So we'll never get McDonald's Monopoly …Indefinitely would mean forever. So we'll never get McDonald's Monopoly ever again or just this year? It's honestly a stupid move, to cancel it altogether. Postponing if would be more appropriate.

Later this year. Indefinitely means unspecified period of time. Later this year is rather vague, I suspect it will be cancelled.
40126080-0213x.jpg
40126080-bAtFa.jpg
40126080-aTwEy.jpg
40126080-ofSf8.jpg
jamie1517/03/2020 19:31

Later this year. Indefinitely means unspecified period of time. Later this …Later this year. Indefinitely means unspecified period of time. Later this year is rather vague, I suspect it will be cancelled.

"An unlimited of unspecified period of time" my misunderstanding there. Hopefully it won't be cancelled, who knows at this stage though. They've already said "Later this year" which would suggest it isn't cancelled as they would've said something like "Until further notice" otherwise
andrewworrall117/03/2020 19:27

NOOOO not Monopoly! Do they really have to cancel that seeing as you can …NOOOO not Monopoly! Do they really have to cancel that seeing as you can still order McDonald's for delivery? Are you sure it's not just been scheduled for a later date instead?

I can't yet have a McDonald's 4 miles away so don't assume everyone can
Thanks @jamie15 , I'll expire my monopoly thread / update
Dan_8217/03/2020 19:35

Thanks @jamie15 , I'll expire my monopoly thread / update

I was about to post in there, then forgot
jamie1517/03/2020 19:36

I was about to post in there, then forgot

All good, expired and linked back to this thread 💪
andrewworrall117/03/2020 19:33

"An unlimited of unspecified period of time" my misunderstanding there. …"An unlimited of unspecified period of time" my misunderstanding there. Hopefully it won't be cancelled, who knows at this stage though. They've already said "Later this year" which would suggest it isn't cancelled as they would've said something like "Until further notice" otherwise

Yeah I changed title to avoid confusion
jamie1517/03/2020 19:38

Yeah I changed title to avoid confusion

Thanks. From the screenshot @Arto kindly posted above it says you can use the app to collect food. So I'll be able to go in store if I order with the app but for take away only?
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 17th Mar
andrewworrall117/03/2020 19:40

Thanks. From the screenshot @Arto kindly posted above it says you can use …Thanks. From the screenshot @Arto kindly posted above it says you can use the app to collect food. So I'll be able to go in store if I order with the app but for take away only?

By the sounds of it yes you just can’t stay and eat
Arto17/03/2020 19:42

By the sounds of it yes you just can’t stay and eat

If I fancy a McDonald's I'll just order and sit on a bench outside. Probably won't because I had KFC today and Burger King yesterday, not the healthiest week so far!
andrewworrall117/03/2020 19:40

Thanks. From the screenshot @Arto kindly posted above it says you can use …Thanks. From the screenshot @Arto kindly posted above it says you can use the app to collect food. So I'll be able to go in store if I order with the app but for take away only?

As per the title. Dine in has stopped but takeaway and delivery still permitted.
Dang I thought I might be able to get my sister to get unlimited free drinks with stickers on!
One of my local McDonald's is in a food court that shares the seating with other eateries. Can I still eat the McDonald's at those tables if the food court and that McDonald's location stays open?
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 18th Mar
andrewworrall118/03/2020 00:14

One of my local McDonald's is in a food court that shares the seating with …One of my local McDonald's is in a food court that shares the seating with other eateries. Can I still eat the McDonald's at those tables if the food court and that McDonald's location stays open?

That's presumably up to the food court.
jamie1518/03/2020 00:16

That's presumably up to the food court.

Yep true, although I meant would the staff at McDonald's be allowed to come up to me and tell me to leave the food court, if I decided to sit down at a table with the food? It would definitely have to be the shopping mall / food court staff that do this?
andrewworrall118/03/2020 00:17

Yep true, although I meant would the staff at McDonald's be allowed to …Yep true, although I meant would the staff at McDonald's be allowed to come up to me and tell me to leave the food court, if I decided to sit down at a table with the food? It would definitely have to be the shopping mall / food court staff that do this?

No because the food court tables are outside of their control so they won't care.
40137813-c2ibO.jpgMcDonald's in the food court at my local shopping mall is still open and allowing dine in. Or rather the shopping mall are allowing them to do so.
andrewworrall119/03/2020 11:12

[Image] McDonald's in the food court at my local shopping mall is still …[Image] McDonald's in the food court at my local shopping mall is still open and allowing dine in. Or rather the shopping mall are allowing them to do so.

Finally someone else who puts fries in there burger, thought I was the only one
Arto19/03/2020 11:21

Finally someone else who puts fries in there burger, thought I was the …Finally someone else who puts fries in there burger, thought I was the only one

If you don't put fries in your burger you've commited a crime and we can no longer be friends
andrewworrall119/03/2020 11:23

If you don't put fries in your burger you've commited a crime and we can …If you don't put fries in your burger you've commited a crime and we can no longer be friends

I also like putting a little sweet curry sauce in too
Arto19/03/2020 11:24

I also like putting a little sweet curry sauce in too

Never tried it - from McDonald's anyway
andrewworrall119/03/2020 11:25

Never tried it - from McDonald's anyway

Should try it next time you will never go back
Arto19/03/2020 11:37

Should try it next time you will never go back

What does it taste like?
Arto19/03/2020 12:27

Heaven

Seriously though does it have mayonnaise in it? Deal breaker for me
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 19th Mar
andrewworrall119/03/2020 12:32

Seriously though does it have mayonnaise in it? Deal … Seriously though does it have mayonnaise in it? Deal breaker for me

Mayonnaise is the best condiment.
jamie1519/03/2020 12:34

Mayonnaise is the best condiment.

Mayonnaise is the worst condiment.*

Fixed that for you.
andrewworrall119/03/2020 12:32

Seriously though does it have mayonnaise in it? Deal … Seriously though does it have mayonnaise in it? Deal breaker for me

I don’t like mayo, I get a plain burger and put curry and fries in
Arto19/03/2020 12:56

I don’t like mayo, I get a plain burger and put curry and fries in

Ah, someone else who doesn't like mayo. Respect mate
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants