McDonald's Delivery service — McDelivery — is coming to the UK and Ireland this summer!

EDITOR 32
Posted 28th Jan
According to the Mirror, food delivery service Just Eat has just partnered with fast food favourite McDonald's in a multi-million pound deal, which will commence later this year.

This means many more people will be able to enjoy the ease of getting a Maccy D's brought straight to their door.

While Uber Eats partnered with McDonald's in 2017, providing lots of customers the opportunity to get a Big Mac and fries delivered, not everyone across the UK and Ireland can use this service.

3396800.jpg
Peter Duffy, Just Eat’s interim chief executive, stated "We are delighted to announce that we have agreed to partner in the UK and Ireland with McDonald’s.

"This partnership, along with our recently announced relationship with Greggs, will ... enhance our market position by offering our customers the widest choice available."

Just Eat has signed up for partnerships with Greggs, KFC, Burger King, and now McDonald's — I think we should all join a gym as soon as possible...

Register your interest in Just Eat delivering to your area via this link:
just-eat.co.uk/exp…est

And read the whole article here mirror.co.uk/mon…528 and start getting excited (or not) about getting your hands on a cheeky McFlurry without even leaving the garden!
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Considering they struggle to serve hot food when I'm 6 feet away, I have my doubts whether a delivery would be edible
32 Comments
Proud to say I’ve not had a McDonald’s in about 3 years. Can’t see myself ever going back lol
Been doing it with Uber Eats for a while now but delivery costs are sky high and customer service is terrible. Wish they would go on Foodhub
Considering they struggle to serve hot food when I'm 6 feet away, I have my doubts whether a delivery would be edible
chocci28/01/2020 13:46

Considering they struggle to serve hot food when I'm 6 feet away, I have …Considering they struggle to serve hot food when I'm 6 feet away, I have my doubts whether a delivery would be edible

It is fast though. Fast and cold.
Is it just me or is that voice of McDonalds getting on anyone else's nerves? How many years left till they change it? It wouldn't be so bad if I couldn't see his face every time I hear him.
Edited by: "deeky" 28th Jan
Garbage food with home delivery
deeky28/01/2020 13:54

Is it just me or is that voice of McDonalds getting on anyone else's …Is it just me or is that voice of McDonalds getting on anyone else's nerves? How many years left till they change it? It wouldn't be so bad if I could see his face every time I hear him.

The advert guy? That little jingle does my head in.
Akira_Cat28/01/2020 13:57

The advert guy? That little jingle does my head in.

Every. Single. McDonalds ad. Radio, TV, everywhere.

In fact, thinking about it, the voice of TalkSport annoys me even more.

'Hartley is also a well known voice over artist having voiced TV documentaries and commercials and has been the station voice of Talksport for 18 years'

18 years? 18 freakin' years?!
Edited by: "deeky" 28th Jan
deeky28/01/2020 13:54

Is it just me or is that voice of McDonalds getting on anyone else's …Is it just me or is that voice of McDonalds getting on anyone else's nerves? How many years left till they change it? It wouldn't be so bad if I could see his face every time I hear him.

39781884-2OVgS.jpg
That’s him Deek. Dexter Fletcher.
Biddy228/01/2020 14:02

[Image] That’s him Deek. Dexter Fletcher.

I know, I remembered his voice from gamesmaster (before your time, son, before your time) the first time I heard it

I think he'd prefer this picture...

39781907-XZX7Y.jpg
deeky28/01/2020 14:05

I know, I remembered his voice from gamesmaster (before your time, son, …I know, I remembered his voice from gamesmaster (before your time, son, before your time) the first time I heard it I think he'd prefer this picture...[Image]

I remember Gamesmaster. I used to watch it and buy the magazines. It was on TV until I was about 9. Was (disgracefully) my first experience of Sir Patrick Moore. I had no idea he was an astronomer until years later.
No thanks, would pick up my own food. At least, you can minimise cross contamination in-between kitchen & end user. I can be lazy, it's a choice. You don't know how hygienic the delivery driver is. Any issues, you know who's the source of contamination & who to report to local authority.
Only used uber eats with McDonald's once, milkshake missing (as they apparently don't do it with breakfast but it still let me order) with no refund and even though I was only a few miles away the driver did half a dozen drops first so food was stone cold.
deeky28/01/2020 13:58

Every. Single. McDonalds ad. Radio, TV, everywhere.In fact, thinking about …Every. Single. McDonalds ad. Radio, TV, everywhere.In fact, thinking about it, the voice of TalkSport annoys me even more. 'Hartley is also a well known voice over artist having voiced TV documentaries and commercials and has been the station voice of Talksport for 18 years'18 years? 18 freakin' years?!

Nice work if you can get it...
deeky28/01/2020 14:05

I know, I remembered his voice from gamesmaster (before your time, son, …I know, I remembered his voice from gamesmaster (before your time, son, before your time) the first time I heard it I think he'd prefer this picture...[Image]

To be fair he only did one series, all the others were with Dominik Diamond. It wouldn't be amiss to not know Dexy was on there.
I like two hamburgers & small fries
Biddy228/01/2020 14:09

I remember Gamesmaster. I used to watch it and buy the magazines. It was …I remember Gamesmaster. I used to watch it and buy the magazines. It was on TV until I was about 9. Was (disgracefully) my first experience of Sir Patrick Moore. I had no idea he was an astronomer until years later.

Bob Mills was the best Gamesmaster host. Did you ever see Bob Mills' 'In bed with me dinner'?
chocci28/01/2020 13:46

Considering they struggle to serve hot food when I'm 6 feet away, I have …Considering they struggle to serve hot food when I'm 6 feet away, I have my doubts whether a delivery would be edible

deeky28/01/2020 15:45

Bob Mills was the best Gamesmaster host. Did you ever see Bob Mills' 'In …Bob Mills was the best Gamesmaster host. Did you ever see Bob Mills' 'In bed with me dinner'?

Nope. Not seen it. Off to Google I pop.
On the flipside, I've used UberEats to get McDonald's a few times now and every single time food has been hot and all present and correct.

£3.50 delivery is a joke but when you get £10 off £15 spend for being a 'new' customer I don't mind it.
Well i hope that the McDonalds delivery service is better than Uber eats. Rarely does the order come hot and they often forget half of your order. I believe that if you really want a McDonalds that much walk or drive. (not that my opinion matters anyway haha)
JumpMan198028/01/2020 15:25

I like two hamburgers & small fries

The delivery costs more than that order
McShane128/01/2020 16:06

On the flipside, I've used UberEats to get McDonald's a few times now and …On the flipside, I've used UberEats to get McDonald's a few times now and every single time food has been hot and all present and correct. £3.50 delivery is a joke but when you get £10 off £15 spend for being a 'new' customer I don't mind it.

spinningleach28/01/2020 16:12

Well i hope that the McDonalds delivery service is better than Uber eats. …Well i hope that the McDonalds delivery service is better than Uber eats. Rarely does the order come hot and they often forget half of your order. I believe that if you really want a McDonalds that much walk or drive. (not that my opinion matters anyway haha)

Everyone has different experiences with delivery services. These two couldn't be more opposite.
spinningleach28/01/2020 16:12

Well i hope that the McDonalds delivery service is better than Uber eats. …Well i hope that the McDonalds delivery service is better than Uber eats. Rarely does the order come hot and they often forget half of your order. I believe that if you really want a McDonalds that much walk or drive. (not that my opinion matters anyway haha)

Mcdonalds pack your food and pass it over to uber so it wont be any different
My daughter has a part time job in McDonald's. When she finishes late I pick her up and she brings me a freshly made meal of choice. It takes me up to 15 mins to get home and it's practically cold by then. I'd never order mcds as a takeaway.
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 28th Jan
deeky28/01/2020 16:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps1oSfdqnuk

That’s brilliant.
No complaints about Uber Eats and McDonald's here.
The restaurant seal the bags of food with tape, and the driver places them into an insulated bag.
Food has always been hot and correct.
Sometimes Uber Eats emails me a 50% off code, no minimum spend which also works on the delivery fee, between two people works out dirt cheap.
They already do this in the Leeds area!
STRICKIBHOY28/01/2020 17:16

My daughter has a part time job in McDonald's. When she finishes late I …My daughter has a part time job in McDonald's. When she finishes late I pick her up and she brings me a freshly made meal of choice. It takes me up to 15 mins to get home and it's practically cold by then. I'd never order mcds as a takeaway.

I'm sure delivery drivers will put them in insulated bags, etc, to keep it hotter. That's if the staff give the driver hot food...
Edited by: "rev6" 29th Jan
Is Just Eat more lenient with discount codes that can be used by everyone? Uber Eats codes are mostly account specific with myself not being eligible these days
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 14th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants