McDonalds extend breakfast serving times until 11am

Posted 15th Nov
I literally can't cope this week. Microsoft totally smashed it out of the park last night at X019. Keegan and Tiff have their own flat and now McDonalds have announced that they're extending their breakfast opening times next week by a massive 30 minutes to 11am

3332013.jpg
"We have listened to our customers’ pleas and are delighted to extend breakfast serving time until 11am, particularly as we head into the festive season when we see a rush of latecomers searching for those all-important hash browns."

Let me emphasise the importance there - as we head into the festive season when we see a rush of latecomers searching for those all-important hash browns.

Hands up, who's a latecomer in need of hash browns?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Got to be done. Sorry, couldn't help it:

does that mean normal menu is delayed until 11am?
47 Comments
Appy days!
didsburydan15/11/2019 11:24

This is the only question that needs answering!
worf20115/11/2019 11:38

This is the only question that needs answering!

+1

I prefer 99p cheese burger than breakfast menu

I can't see a problem with that. Very few people must want a Big Mac at 10:40am. Pretty much every other restaurant and pub doesn't start the lunch menu until 11:30 or 12noon.
I’ve never seen a breakfast look like that at mcdonalds
Finallyyyyyyyyy
Is the top of that muffin off a different muffin to the bottom one?
Seems different size altogether.

This one is more like it lol

38993452-W6i02.jpg
Edited by: "fearona" 15th Nov
Hahaha very funny))
Got to be done. Sorry, couldn't help it:

Who the h*** is keegan and tiff???

Probably some you tube nobodies....

Big up the breakfast though!
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 15th Nov
jon81uk15/11/2019 12:00

I can't see a problem with that. Very few people must want a Big Mac at …I can't see a problem with that. Very few people must want a Big Mac at 10:40am. Pretty much every other restaurant and pub doesn't start the lunch menu until 11:30 or 12noon.

Says who? If I’m close to half 10 I always wait so I can get the proper menu!
People eat this muck?
Bring backkkk BIG BREAKFAST MEALLLLLLL
Why half an hour? They should extend it to 1 hour at least.
cmdr_elito15/11/2019 12:35

Who the h*** is keegan and tiff???Probably some you tube nobodies....Big …Who the h*** is keegan and tiff???Probably some you tube nobodies....Big up the breakfast though!

Eastenders innit (on the Beeb)

Main menu is delayed until 11am. It’s impossible why most stores to do both main menu and breakfast at the same time due to how the equipment needs to be setup.
Good if see the vouchers (coffee n muffin for couple quid, the sausage has a tangy taste)
Now they just need to do the McSteak Bagels from the US and those bags of mini McGriddles (pancakes with maple syrup in the middle) they do in France.
cmdr_elito15/11/2019 12:35

Who the h*** is keegan and tiff???Probably some you tube nobodies....Big …Who the h*** is keegan and tiff???Probably some you tube nobodies....Big up the breakfast though!

Some footballer with a dodgy perm and a lass that sung "I think we're alone now"
jon81uk15/11/2019 12:00

Very few people must want a Big Mac at 10:40am

McBreakfast menu sucks, especially if (like me) you don't like Egg!
Edited by: "cainer1" 15th Nov
Why don't they dona 24hr breakfast like they do in the states and have done for decades
maxmolyneux15/11/2019 14:29

Main menu is delayed until 11am. It’s impossible why most stores to do b …Main menu is delayed until 11am. It’s impossible why most stores to do both main menu and breakfast at the same time due to how the equipment needs to be setup.

No its not, they do 24hr breakfast in America
Edited by: "Norseg" 15th Nov
Norseg15/11/2019 14:53

No its not, they do 24/7 breakfast in America

In the United Kingdom the stores aren’t setup like this, I would know I’m a store manager.
maxmolyneux15/11/2019 14:53

In the United Kingdom the stores aren’t setup like this, I would know I’m a …In the United Kingdom the stores aren’t setup like this, I would know I’m a store manager.

What's different? It's all cooked using the same grills

How is it different than USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand
Norseg15/11/2019 14:55

What's different? It's all cooked using the same grillsHow is it different …What's different? It's all cooked using the same grillsHow is it different than USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand

For starters, where the eggs are cooked is usually used for something else. The egg station is wheeled out into the corridor after 10:30. The sausage is a pork item so cannot be cooked on the same grill as beef as this is cross contamination. While breakfast is on, one of the usual beef grills is changed to an egg grill, if we continued to use it as an egg grill there wouldn’t be enough space to cook regular meat. It’s difficult to explain but the current setup in the UK wouldn’t allow us to serve breakfast past 10:30/11.

What's different? It's all cooked using the same grillsHow is it different …What's different? It's all cooked using the same grillsHow is it different than USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand

Due to separation of pork and beef products they either use separate breakfast grills or in sequence clean them down in the changeover to lunch. I'm pretty certain UK and US both try to keep pork and beef separate. (the bacon used on burgers is pre-cooked and just added when the burger is assembled).
Also the egg steamers are only used at breakfast so I think they get moved out of the kitchen.
jon81uk15/11/2019 15:02

Due to separation of pork and beef products they either use separate …Due to separation of pork and beef products they either use separate breakfast grills or in sequence clean them down in the changeover to lunch. I'm pretty certain UK and US both try to keep pork and beef separate. (the bacon used on burgers is pre-cooked and just added when the burger is assembled).Also the egg steamers are only used at breakfast so I think they get moved out of the kitchen.

Yeah but how is Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand able to do it, and it's not just McDonalds tons of fast food places do it in US

Maybe a extra grill Is needed?
Or maybe those countries updated the layouts for breakfast? Idk

because they eat kippers for breakfast
Norseg15/11/2019 15:05

Yeah but how is Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand able to do it, and …Yeah but how is Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand able to do it, and it's not just McDonalds tons of fast food places do it in USMaybe a extra grill Is needed? Or maybe those countries updated the layouts for breakfast? Idk

They probably just decided to have a fixed grill only for pork all day in the USA. So it might mean longer wait times if everyone wants beef at one point (and vice-versa). Or they just decided that it wasn't important any longer to keep the beef and pork on separate grills.

In Austrailia their breakfast sausage is beef anyway so I don't think they have the same cross-contamination issues.

But McDonalds UK decided their guests want beef and pork cooked separately and they don't have enough grill space to permanently have one grill for pork only. Its the same reason we don't see the McRib available often mcdonalds.com/gb/…tml
jon81uk15/11/2019 15:15

They probably just decided to have a fixed grill only for pork all day in …They probably just decided to have a fixed grill only for pork all day in the USA. So it might mean longer wait times if everyone wants beef at one point (and vice-versa). Or they just decided that it wasn't important any longer to keep the beef and pork on separate grills.In Austrailia their breakfast sausage is beef anyway so I don't think they have the same cross-contamination issues.But McDonalds UK decided their guests want beef and pork cooked separately and they don't have enough grill space to permanently have one grill for pork only. Its the same reason we don't see the McRib available often https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/help/faq/18833-why-do-you-no-longer-sell-the-mcrib.html

It doesn't matter I think they should just cook em on the same grill so we can have the McRib and Breakfast like normal countries
Kevin_Junior15/11/2019 13:56

Bring backkkk BIG BREAKFAST MEALLLLLLL

Amen to that! A square slice of egg is much better than the poached egg. Still going to construct your own muffin though.
Norseg15/11/2019 15:19

It doesn't matter I think they should just cook em on the same grill so we …It doesn't matter I think they should just cook em on the same grill so we can have the McRib and Breakfast like normal countries

Someone must think it matters that pork and beef should be cooked separately though
jon81uk15/11/2019 15:31

Someone must think it matters that pork and beef should be cooked …Someone must think it matters that pork and beef should be cooked separately though

Yeah I can think of a reason why this country and not in others..
maxmolyneux15/11/2019 14:29

Main menu is delayed until 11am. It’s impossible why most stores to do b …Main menu is delayed until 11am. It’s impossible why most stores to do both main menu and breakfast at the same time due to how the equipment needs to be setup.

Funny you say that. In Hong Kong, you can get breakfast anytime of the day throughout the week & that's all the branches in HK to this day. Fancy a sausage & egg McMuffin at 8pm or 11pm? I've had many in the years I've been to HK on holiday that I'm happy to wait in line. Given space is very expensive and a premium in HK. How could they do it but not in UK? Lazy staff in UK? McDonald's have standardised production processes which should apply throughout the world so flipping burgers should be a brain-dead easy job.
veedubjai15/11/2019 15:40

Funny you say that. In Hong Kong, you can get breakfast anytime of the day …Funny you say that. In Hong Kong, you can get breakfast anytime of the day throughout the week & that's all the branches in HK to this day. Fancy a sausage & egg McMuffin at 8pm or 11pm? I've had many in the years I've been to HK on holiday that I'm happy to wait in line. Given space is very expensive and a premium in HK. How could they do it but not in UK? Lazy staff in UK? McDonald's have standardised production processes which should apply throughout the world so flipping burgers should be a brain-dead easy job.

I’ve explained in another post, basically the way most UK stores kitchens are laid out would not allow for it to work. Some stores could be able to do it but most don’t have the equipment or space in the kitchens for such a setup. The logistics to get every store in the UK serving breakfast all day would be chaos. I’ve managed at 5 different stores only one of them would have the ability to roll it out.
Norseg15/11/2019 15:36

Yeah I can think of a reason why this country and not in others..

If you are suggesting its because of people who follow Islam then its not, the beef at McDonalds isn't Halal. Its more likely connected to Judaism and this would have been more of an issue in the US originally.

Again in Australia and New Zealand the sausage patty is beef so there is no separate grill required anyway.

If you don't think they need to separate beef and pork then tell them! Maybe we will get the McRib back again....
Norseg15/11/2019 16:05

Judaism? Not many of those in UK if so Not many at allOh yeah you're right …Judaism? Not many of those in UK if so Not many at allOh yeah you're right I just forgot that to be Halal they've got to pray to it and brutally kill it (none religious meat we stun the animal first by law, with halal they let it bleed out and suffer for ages, religious meat bypasses welfare laws)It's cheaper that's why most of the meat is Halal for 3% of the population

Even if it is Halal the meat is stunned before slaughter in most cases. See this from KFC kfc.co.uk/the…lal
Phsycronix15/11/2019 12:28

Got to be done. Sorry, couldn't help it: [Video]

Haha first thing i thought of too what a film that is.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants