McDonalds meal prices?

Found 2nd Jan 2013
OH went to McDonald's drive thru this morning - he NEVER goes, usually it's me, so he wouldn't have had any idea of the prices. I asked him to get 6 bacon and egg McMuffins (no, not all for me!!) which normally costs me £11.94 (overpriced, I think, but sometimes nothing else will hit the spot!).

He came back with the 6 McMuffins, 2 teas (yuk) and a milkshake, and 3 hash browns. When I asked why he said it was because he was told when ordering that it would be 30p cheaper doing that, so he said fine. When he came to pay it was just under £16, which bright spark paid rather than make a fuss. (dohhh!),

I'm somewhat aggrieved that he paid £4 for 2 vile teas, a sugary milkshake which I would rather our son hadn't had, and 3 greasy but otherwise ok hash browns. He could even have chosen oj, but of course he didn't think of that...

I will complain by email and might even get the usual £5 voucher sent which normally happens when you complain, but I just wondered if anyone has any idea how this would have happened in the first place? Should it have been cheaper, or did he totally misunderstand?
Community Updates
MiscMealPrice Glitch
87 Comments
WTAF
cool story bro.
I doubt you'll get a single sensible comment to that.
Thread has potential...
2sly

cool story bro.

it should be sister (_;)
So you often buy 6 bacon & egg mcmuffins??!!!
Sounds to me that both of you are not the "brightest lamps" on the street.
Macy D`s is ok for the occasional burger thats all. 16 quid for a few bacon rolls 2 t`s and a sugary dink... you mad
TLDR

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/gay_lol_gif.gif
whatsThePoint

that will teach you to be lazy and make someone else get it for you

I didn't MAKE him go, I have ways of persuading him..heehee Wasn't all for me either, a couple of the McMuffins were for him. But you are right, I should stick to my own mantra - if I want something done properly - do it myself!
varunadas

it should be sister (_;)

Thank you!
Better off having some porridge & a can of Tennents Super
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/11/30/article-1334376-0C4A9BF6000005DC-584_468x424.jpg
galareho

So you often buy 6 bacon & egg mcmuffins??!!!

Only occasionally, and only 2 for me.
markjohnson

Sounds to me that both of you are not the "brightest lamps" on the street.

I'll have you know that I shine very brightly, thank you! As for him...well, suffice to say, I will be going myself in future.
I work part-time in a McDonald's. What he would've paid for would have been 3 regular breakfast meals which are £3.59 each (£10.77), which would have came with the 3 hash browns and two teas, and possibly an extra 30p on the milkshake depending on the restaurant. The other 3 McMuffins would have cost him £5.97 which is where the £16.94 would have came from.

goldmax

TLDR

Wanted 6 bacon and egg McMuffins. Instead got 6 bacon and egg McMuffins AND 2 teas, a milkshake (sugary flavour apparently) and 3 hash browns, they were greasy.

Now wants compo for being overcharged.
markmaclean1

I work part-time in a McDonald's. What he would've paid for would have … I work part-time in a McDonald's. What he would've paid for would have been 3 regular breakfast meals which are £3.59 each (£10.77), which would have came with the 3 hash browns and two teas, and possibly an extra 30p on the milkshake depending on the restaurant. The other 3 McMuffins would have cost him £5.97 which is where the £16.94 would have came from.

You sound far to smart for working at McD's. You need to get out now!
hooray henry

Macy D`s is ok for the occasional burger thats all. 16 quid for a few … Macy D`s is ok for the occasional burger thats all. 16 quid for a few bacon rolls 2 t`s and a sugary dink... you mad

Starting to think I must be (_;) Oh well, when the healthy eating plan kicks in next week, McD's will just be a distant memory anyway!

Now wants compo for being overcharged.[/quote]

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/lol/grand/gay_lol_gif.gif

thanks Mallinersha

Edited by: "goldmax" 2nd Jan 2013
DarkEnergy2012

Better off having some porridge & a can of Tennents Super

That's the OH when I tell him we're having no more McD's!
Hello, thank you for calling HUKD misc.

If you have realised that you have made a mistake, please press 1 to delete the thread.

If you are hoping for help with your issue please press 2 and we will connect you to a resident advisor.

Thank you. Please bear with us while we allocate a representative to troll you hard.

http://i47.tinypic.com/14ay54y.png

Hello my name is Mr. T. Rollings and I'll be dealing with your case today. Overcharged by McDonalds on a food order you say? You're still in the wrong and should die for being a drain on society. Thank you and goodbye.
markmaclean1

I work part-time in a McDonald's. What he would've paid for would have … I work part-time in a McDonald's. What he would've paid for would have been 3 regular breakfast meals which are £3.59 each (£10.77), which would have came with the 3 hash browns and two teas, and possibly an extra 30p on the milkshake depending on the restaurant. The other 3 McMuffins would have cost him £5.97 which is where the £16.94 would have came from.

Thank you, that's the first sensible answer! I can always depend on this lot not to give constructive comments!!

I think he actually paid £15.84, so not quite sure how they worked that out - it actually works out at £3.29 for a meal, I take it that different McDonalds charge different prices.
shauneco

[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6bNFk402vREOK41v7JQE8kix76RpEyojl1MoMGdMini_Djili[/img]

My favourite reply!!
GAVINLEWISHUKD

You sound far to smart for working at McD's. You need to get out now!

Haha thanks, I guess. Got to take whatever job I can!
i dont understand why people still use mcdonalds, nothing about them is good, in birmingham there are hundreds of places that do better and cheaper food

coke tastes watery, fries standard everywhere, nuggets bit cardboard like and burgers shrunk so much youd think it was made for kids
Is your husband white? This sounds like discrimination to me.

http://i48.tinypic.com/350a1du.jpg
Lou Scotland

Thank you, that's the first sensible answer! I can always depend on this … Thank you, that's the first sensible answer! I can always depend on this lot not to give constructive comments!!I think he actually paid £15.84, so not quite sure how they worked that out - it actually works out at £3.29 for a meal, I take it that different McDonalds charge different prices.

Yeah, the franchisee decides the prices in their restaurant, so prices vary all over the UK depending on the franchisee, location, income etc. In that case the 3 meals at £3.29 (£9.87), plus the 3 McMuffins at £1.99 (£5.97) totals the £15.84!
muffin247

i dont understand why people still use mcdonalds, nothing about them is … i dont understand why people still use mcdonalds, nothing about them is good, in birmingham there are hundreds of places that do better and cheaper foodcoke tastes watery, fries standard everywhere, nuggets bit cardboard like and burgers shrunk so much youd think it was made for kids

I see the same families come into my restaurant every week spending £20+ on meals, I also don't get why people continue to fill their kids with fast food.

Fair enough every so often, but when you serve a really fat kid and their parents, you can't help but think what the hell are you thinking.

is it true their burger buns are sugar coated?

share some secrets with us !
markmaclean1

I see the same families come into my restaurant every week spending £20+ … I see the same families come into my restaurant every week spending £20+ on meals, I also don't get why people continue to fill their kids with fast food.Fair enough every so often, but when you serve a really fat kid and their parents, you can't help but think what the hell are you thinking.

Brains and ethics. I'm no so worried for Scotland if it goes independent!
In Scotland McDonald's is a healthy meal
muffin247

is it true their burger buns are sugar coated?share some secrets with us … is it true their burger buns are sugar coated?share some secrets with us !

Lots of sugar in them, they are air bubble filled too in order to make more money from the ingredients.
muffin247

is it true their burger buns are sugar coated?share some secrets with us … is it true their burger buns are sugar coated?share some secrets with us !

Haha that's the first time I've heard that. Buns aren't sugar coated, when it comes to inside the bun, I couldn't tell you!

McDonald's are actually a lot more strict than most people think. Chicken is binned every 20 minutes, fries are binned every 15 minutes.

That's the way it's supposed to happen anyway

markmaclean1

Haha that's the first time I've heard that. Buns aren't sugar coated, … Haha that's the first time I've heard that. Buns aren't sugar coated, when it comes to inside the bun, I couldn't tell you!McDonald's are actually a lot more strict than most people think. Chicken is binned every 20 minutes, fries are binned every 15 minutes.That's the way it's supposed to happen anyway

I like McDonalds tea and love the loyalty stickers lol
markmaclean1

Haha that's the first time I've heard that. Buns aren't sugar coated, … Haha that's the first time I've heard that. Buns aren't sugar coated, when it comes to inside the bun, I couldn't tell you!

I know someone that does, they design the software that their industrial ovens run on, they have a funny name for the dough that's used as it's not like a conventional dough - will ask later.
DLM

I like McDonalds tea and love the loyalty stickers lol

A lot of people say that, I take at least 40 loyalty cards a shift! And they're all binned as soon as they're taken, not even counted!
markmaclean1

A lot of people say that, I take at least 40 loyalty cards a shift! And … A lot of people say that, I take at least 40 loyalty cards a shift! And they're all binned as soon as they're taken, not even counted!

It's PG Tips isn't it?
http://i.imgur.com/JIIHK.gif
5ack8oy

Lucky for you there was a TL;DR included @post 18
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions