Expired

McDonald's Monopoly Cancelled for 2020, Breakfast Starting on 8th

Posted 1st Jul 2020
Disappointing news, Monopoly is officially cancelled

3497452-3sigS.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
14 Comments
Disappointing about Monopoly but at least McDonald's is available and they're planning for next year

When in-house service (eating in) returns do you reckon they'll be encouraging using table service? I always don't use it, on purpose, as other people may need it more than me
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 1st Jul
andrewworrall101/07/2020 21:55

Disappointing about Monopoly but at least McDonald's is available and …Disappointing about Monopoly but at least McDonald's is available and they're planning for next yearWhen in-house service (eating in) returns do you reckon they'll be encouraging using table service? I always don't use it, on purpose, as other people may need it more than me

Table service is not an accessibility option, it is open to anyone who wants it so I use it regularly. I don't think they will encourage table service, more likely they'll just close every other table in the restaurant and continue as normal, limiting the amount of people allowed in the premises.

I am disappointed about Monopoly but I guess it is the right decision!
Edited by: "jamie15" 1st Jul
jamie1501/07/2020 22:00

Table service is not an accessibility option, it is open to anyone who …Table service is not an accessibility option, it is open to anyone who wants it so I use it regularly. I don't think they will encourage table service, more likely they'll just close every other table in the restaurant and continue as normal, limiting the amount of people allowed in the premises.I am disappointed about Monopoly but I guess it is the right decision!

It's open to anyone, but I don't use it on purpose because in my opinion I feel someone that is using a wheelchair or crutches etc may need it more than I do. I don't consider it lazy but I don't use it because I have no need for it - although I may use it when in-house service returns if it's obvious social distancing isn't possible (crowd of people waiting for food) but not for any other reason

Yep, it is the right decision given how huge the promotion is but hopefully it'll run next year!
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 1st Jul
andrewworrall101/07/2020 22:03

It's open to anyone, but I don't use it on purpose because in my opinion I …It's open to anyone, but I don't use it on purpose because in my opinion I feel someone that is using a wheelchair or crutches etc may need it more than I do. I don't consider it lazy but I don't use it because I have no need for it - although I may use it when in-house service returns if it's obvious social distancing isn't possible (crowd of people waiting for food) but not for any other reasonYep, it is the right decision given how huge the promotion is but hopefully it'll run next year!

Wheelchair and crutches people would still be served by table service, it's not taking anything away from them if you use it, plus it really isn't used by many people anyway. Understand if you have no need for it, for me it depends on branch, how busy it is, and if I'm with anyone. If it's a large branch with just a few seats available far from the counter, I will do table service and take that seat, waiting for food. If branch is small and quiet, I'm more likely to wait at counter to collect.
jamie1501/07/2020 22:06

Wheelchair and crutches people would still be served by table service, …Wheelchair and crutches people would still be served by table service, it's not taking anything away from them if you use it, plus it really isn't used by many people anyway. Understand if you have no need for it, for me it depends on branch, how busy it is, and if I'm with anyone. If it's a large branch with just a few seats available far from the counter, I will do table service and take that seat, waiting for food. If branch is small and quiet, I'm more likely to wait at counter to collect.

Yep I get what you are saying, no criticism towards you for using it of course - it is open to anyone. I'd just rather leave the table service for others that have less accessibility - as I see it as the person delivering my food could've delivered it to someone else that needs it more
andrewworrall101/07/2020 22:08

Yep I get what you are saying, no criticism towards you for using it of …Yep I get what you are saying, no criticism towards you for using it of course - it is open to anyone. I'd just rather leave the table service for others that have less accessibility - as I see it as the person delivering my food could've delivered it to someone else that needs it more

Fair enough, I respect your opinion
jamie1501/07/2020 22:09

Fair enough, I respect your opinion

I respect yours also
Respect that's what I like to see boys
Good to see the chicken mayo back, I refuse to pay over £3 for a marginally bigger chicken sandwich.
Genuinely didn't even know table service was a thing in McDonald's. Good to know when quite often I'd not bother due to a queue.
unreality02/07/2020 01:52

Genuinely didn't even know table service was a thing in McDonald's. Good …Genuinely didn't even know table service was a thing in McDonald's. Good to know when quite often I'd not bother due to a queue.

It is, not sure if in all restaurants but every refurbished restaurant I've been to with the self service order screens also offers self service.

Different implementations depending on store, some have plastic number stands which you put on your table but other branches just tell you to keep your receipt with number on the table. If you order via the app you just show your phone.
That sucks but tbf I’ve never won anything significant
xtreme12302/07/2020 09:23

That's not surprising. I'm watching the McMillion$ series on Sky Documentaries about the fraudulent big winners of the McDonalds monopoly game in USA.
xtreme12302/07/2020 09:23

Drat. I was looking forward to getting 1 short of every good prize again
Usually, it's free fries, a milkshake etc. only for me. Annoys me though when you go into a specific restaurant, say a few times in a month, and get exactly the same tiles each time. Gives the impressions they do a job lot of chicken packaging with Leicester Square and Bond Street on it and the box of 100 that goes to a certain store gets them
Post a comment
@
    Text