McDonalds set to offer takeaway / Delivery service in UK - 18/07: Now live!

Found 26th Apr 2017
Update 18/07 : It's now live, woohoo!

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/UKP/Promotions/2017/mcd-delivery/0-0-2/img/McDelivery_header_886x295px.jpg
Yes it's true, you’re now able to order McDonald's straight to your door. McDelivery is currently available in a select number of restaurants, ahead of being rolled out in many more locations later this year.

[Locations & how to order]

------------------------------
[original post]

First KFC, now Maccy D's...

7eST7HB.png
(via ITV.com)

McDonald's is to roll out a long-awaited home delivery trial as UK consumers continue to embrace the rapidly expanding market.

The fast food giant said it was looking to launch a "small" delivery pilot this summer, with specific locations yet to be decided.

A McDonald's spokeswoman said: "It is no secret we have been looking at the potential of delivery in recent months.

"This service is offered in other markets around the world and its growth within the UK continues to gather pace."

The announcement comes a week after KFC launched home deliveries across 30 restaurants in Greater London via the Just Eat platform.

The delivery sector jumped almost 10% to 599 million visits in Britain last year, while total visits out to restaurants and other dining venues rose by just 1%, according to analysts NPD Group.

The study found the average bill for delivered food is nearly £1 lower than for a meal eaten on the premises.

The delivery channel was worth £3.6 billion last year, a 6% increase on 2015 and 50% more than in 2008.

Cyril Lavenant, foodservice director for the UK at the NPD Group, said ordering ready-to-eat food for delivery via an app or by phone "is growing so fast that 'eating in' is becoming the new 'eating out'". oO

Thoughts?
Community Updates
MiscDeliveryTakeaway
Top comments
Great can't wait to eat stone cold burger & chips. Hardly passes as warm by the time it's delivered to my car.
39 Comments
You might want to change the header to read delivery rather than takeaway
Yeah I always thought they did takeaway meals X)
Surprised it took them this long to launch (or trial) deliveries to be honest.
msmyth

McDonalds set to offer takeaway service in UK - Coming this summer … McDonalds set to offer takeaway service in UK - Coming this summer .....\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

Another one?
Come on Msmyth the only thing they might not let you take away is the tomato sauce but lets not start us off on that one
Saturn

Another one?

Older than 4 weeks

Ah that was a hint
Edited by: "eslick" 26th Apr 2017
I've been enjoying it for about 3 years thanks to One Delivery.
Saturn

Another one?:|

Confirmed now though (_;)
How they can deliver to home if even inside mc when you place your order and it reaches table is already cold. It's some sort of joke if they planning to deliver to home... And mc is on every corner... If you want to eat mc don't be fking lazy and move your body to nearest store.
Great can't wait to eat stone cold burger & chips. Hardly passes as warm by the time it's delivered to my car.
We need at least one or more whole countries to immigrate to UK to deliver all the fast food that people want, cater for food and drink, wait for the eaters, wash the dishes, recycle the takeaway cartons and pizza boxes, make the burgers, roll the buns...
eslick

Come on Msmyth the only thing they might not let you take away is the … Come on Msmyth the only thing they might not let you take away is the tomato sauce but lets not start us off on that one

If not, you can probably ask for that in Burger King.
splender

We need at least one or more whole countries to immigrate to UK to … We need at least one or more whole countries to immigrate to UK to deliver all the fast food that people want, cater for food and drink, wait for the eaters, wash the dishes, recycle the takeaway cartons and pizza boxes, make the burgers, roll the buns...

To make room, the UK could export all the call centre staff overseas.

Oh.
RossD89

Surprised it took them this long to launch (or trial) deliveries to be … Surprised it took them this long to launch (or trial) deliveries to be honest.

Surprise anyone would even eat a cold 10 min old burger.
fanpages

To make room, the UK could export all the call centre staff overseas.Oh.

You meant surely exported the jobs and the people are still here eating Dole bananas.
splender

Surprise anyone would even eat a cold 10 min old burger.

Really? What did you think your local takeaways did? Waited on your doorstep while cooking a burger on a portable stove? The practice of takeaways delivering isn't exactly new...
splender

We need at least one or more whole countries to immigrate to UK to … We need at least one or more whole countries to immigrate to UK to deliver all the fast food that people want, cater for food and drink, wait for the eaters, wash the dishes, recycle the takeaway cartons and pizza boxes, make the burgers, roll the buns...

fanpages

To make room, the UK could export all the call centre staff overseas.Oh.

splender

You meant surely exported the jobs and the people are still here eating … You meant surely exported the jobs and the people are still here eating Dole bananas.

Fyffes for me.

Oh, that was a joke about employment. Very D[r]ole
dtovey89

What is mc?

​McDonald "restaurant"
RossD89

Really? What did you think your local takeaways did? Waited on your … Really? What did you think your local takeaways did? Waited on your doorstep while cooking a burger on a portable stove? The practice of takeaways delivering isn't exactly new...

They throw away burgers and chips as rubbish after some minutes.
splender

It takes them that long?

I can increase their productivity with immediate effect.
Free sauce?
Great more fat people
splender

Kind of ruins the business model if they have thrown your order away as rubbish before reaching your home to deliver it.
dorey69

Great more fat people

Ah, that's what they meant by "rapidly expanding market"
eslick

Come on Msmyth the only thing they might not let you take away is the … Come on Msmyth the only thing they might not let you take away is the tomato sauce but lets not start us off on that one

You mean they won't bring the ketchup tap to my house?
Loads of services already deliver McDonald's to your door so I guess as they have seen delivery companies collecting more and more they now acknowledge it's advantages. I knew I was on to a good thing years ago when I had a job interview at MDs
Vinni777

How they can deliver to home if even inside mc when you place your order … How they can deliver to home if even inside mc when you place your order and it reaches table is already cold. It's some sort of joke if they planning to deliver to home... And mc is on every corner... If you want to eat mc don't be fking lazy and move your body to nearest store.

Or save fuel and get it delivered
dorey69

Great more fat people

At least they'll be out of sight with this
This'll help bring the jobless figures down I guess. Probably be on zero hour contracts.
Yay, cold soggy chips! X)
Yippie - even colder big macs costing even more than they charge instore! X)
Bloody hell, fat hating and even some misguided anti immigrant nonsense, order a burger or don't. We've had fast food delivery for decades, I don't think McD's trialling the idea is the end of civilisation.

They should name it as Mcfreezing as that's how it will come to your door as they can't give it over the counter hot
COLD DEAL

deeky

Yeah I always thought they did takeaway meals X)

Hello, I think you don't eat enough McDonald's or u would know that, where n when are the competitions?
Jjlm

They should name it as Mcfreezing as that's how it will come to your door … They should name it as Mcfreezing as that's how it will come to your door as they can't give it over the counter hot

When did they start giving it over the counter hot? I obviously shop at the wrong branch
bigweapon07

When did they start giving it over the counter hot? I obviously shop at … When did they start giving it over the counter hot? I obviously shop at the wrong branch

You're getting them mixed up with Burger King, the masters of stone cold burgers.

No delivery for me, probably for the best.
sydney2

Hello, I think you don't eat enough McDonald's or u would know that, … Hello, I think you don't eat enough McDonald's or u would know that, where n when are the competitions?

You're right, I don't eat many takeaways, I can't afford them on my wages

What competitions?
fanpages

It takes them that long?I can increase their productivity with immediate … It takes them that long?I can increase their productivity with immediate effect.

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants