Found 4th Mar 2009
Just got a survey email from McDonalds offering £25 for completing a survey, so I completed it then it asked for my credit or debit card numbers, name, address, date of birth and if I wanted to enter the competition I had to fax proof of id!!! Alarm bells!!! Ive looked for the usual spelling mistakes but nothing obvious showed up, it all LOOKS right but no one gives £25 away for a two second survey, I thought it was going to be a draw or vouchers. Anyway just wanted to warn people as as they say if something looks to good to be true...etc.

Dear McDonald's Customer,

We are planning big changes for 2009 at McDonald's UK chain of restaurants and because your oppinion is very important to us, we invite you to take a short Customer Satisfaction Survey that will help us improve the quality of our food and services.

We know your time is valuable, so we will give you a £25 bonus just for taking our quick 7 question survey. The entire process will take no more than 5 minutes.

10 Comments

Hmmm seems too good to be truew give it a miss to be on the safe side

Whats the email address - does that sound suspicious (probably best not post it completely here)?

Sounds certainly like a phishing attempt to me, no reason they would need (or be allowed to ask) for that info!

Thread on mse ]here

Warning on McD's site ]here{warning: that link goes to McD's so think hard before clicking on it!!!}

Banned

defo a scam...

Somone posted about it ]here.

I assume you cut and pasted the e-mail here.
In that case "opinion" is not spelt correctly.

Banned

Jumpingphil;4545365

I assume you cut and pasted the e-mail here.In that case "opinion" is not … I assume you cut and pasted the e-mail here.In that case "opinion" is not spelt correctly.

yeh he's right... that defo confirms

Original Poster

I missed that, I knew someone would suss out any errors, it came from McDonalds.co.uk
I wonder how many people have got scammed, I sign up to their website so it wasnt odd to get an email from them but I never give out my card details, and faxing id to enter a comp, thats unheard of.

jasmin49;4545402

I missed that, I knew someone would suss out any errors, it came from … I missed that, I knew someone would suss out any errors, it came from McDonalds.co.uk I wonder how many people have got scammed, I sign up to their website so it wasnt odd to get an email from them but I never give out my card details, and faxing id to enter a comp, thats unheard of.

Sadly people will fall for this as they do with all scams. :-(

Of course it is a scam.
Nobody is ever going to give you £25 for completing a survey.
McDonalds *might* just offer a money off voucher for one, but certainly not £25.

If its too good to be true - it probably is.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769502
    2. word association Game74244922
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114649
    4. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1889

See more discussions