McDonald's to reopen 15 restaurants for delivery only on May 13th - 11am to 10pm, limited menu, no breakfast

Groups

Top comments
It's never particularly hot at the best of times by the time you get home with your Mc Choice of burger, I'd hate to think how luke warm it'll be by the time uber/deliveroo decide to get it to you.
Ukguy10101/05/2020 16:24

You'd think they'd let you order from there machines only & have a take …You'd think they'd let you order from there machines only & have a take away service.They could just place the order on tables well away from the workers there.

People would congregate.

You could open drive-thru but at any point you open the front door, people will go inside and group together.

Be that at the ordering kiosk, some designated collection area away from the usual area or the front door or wherever you like.

Probably why Greggs bottled it and said they won't re-open after all.

Not to mention you'd want to clean the screen after each order.
18 Comments
You'd think they'd let you order from there machines only & have a take away service.They could just place the order on tables well away from the workers there.

You'd think they'd let you order from there machines only & have a take …You'd think they'd let you order from there machines only & have a take away service.They could just place the order on tables well away from the workers there.

They may do at some point, I'll pay the £3.50 delivery fee for a McDonald's as much as I don't usually approve of paying it. I just want a McDonald's fix!

My local McDonald's probably won't be opening on May 13th anyway knowing my luck
andrewworrall101/05/2020 16:26

They may do at some point, I'll pay the £3.50 delivery fee for a …They may do at some point, I'll pay the £3.50 delivery fee for a McDonald's as much as I don't usually approve of paying it. I just want a McDonald's fix!My local McDonald's probably won't be opening on May 13th anyway knowing my luck

Don't even deliver where I live.Yes I miss my McDonald's fix lol also costa coffee as well.Yes you'll get three opening in somewhere like Manchester but none in the smaller town's.
sauce?
IamMT01/05/2020 16:37

sauce?

The sources are linked in the post. If you mean dipping sauces, I have no idea whether or not these will be available.
IamMT01/05/2020 16:37

sauce?

I’d imagine they would deliver those too
andrewworrall101/05/2020 16:41

The sources are linked in the post. If you mean dipping sauces, I have no …The sources are linked in the post. If you mean dipping sauces, I have no idea whether or not these will be available.

No source of sauce sourcing?

People would congregate.

You could open drive-thru but at any point you open the front door, people will go inside and group together.

Be that at the ordering kiosk, some designated collection area away from the usual area or the front door or wherever you like.

Probably why Greggs bottled it and said they won't re-open after all.

Not to mention you'd want to clean the screen after each order.

I heard the coronavirus evolved on the glass one of those screens they are probably the most unhygienic method of ordering.

It makes no sense though they will only deliver, I can justeat order to collect from a scruffy kebab house with no methods of social distancing but probably the most perfect way of ordering and collecting Through the drive through as far as social distancing goes won’t be opening and an extra person would handle the food.
It's never particularly hot at the best of times by the time you get home with your Mc Choice of burger, I'd hate to think how luke warm it'll be by the time uber/deliveroo decide to get it to you.

They were filthy beforehand. Wouldn’t trust them right now. metro.co.uk/201…86/
Biddy201/05/2020 16:56

They were filthy beforehand. Wouldn’t trust them right now. h …They were filthy beforehand. Wouldn’t trust them right now. https://metro.co.uk/2018/11/28/poo-found-on-every-mcdonalds-touchscreen-tested-8178486/

Dannyrobbo01/05/2020 16:55

I heard the coronavirus evolved on the glass one of those screens I heard the coronavirus evolved on the glass one of those screens they are probably the most unhygienic method of ordering. It makes no sense though they will only deliver, I can justeat order to collect from a scruffy kebab house with no methods of social distancing but probably the most perfect way of ordering and collecting Through the drive through as far as social distancing goes won’t be opening and an extra person would handle the food.

Yes maybe drive through better option.
Have they announced which restaurants will open?
nisc101/05/2020 18:54

Have they announced which restaurants will open?

Nope. That's to be announced next week
Opening for Takeaway is risky for everyone. You may have a chance of people congregating inside and will f..k with social distancing measures . This is a way for business to slightly open so government can removed people from furlough pay gradually
plebbygiraffe01/05/2020 16:54

People would congregate.You could open drive-thru but at any point you …People would congregate.You could open drive-thru but at any point you open the front door, people will go inside and group together.Be that at the ordering kiosk, some designated collection area away from the usual area or the front door or wherever you like.Probably why Greggs bottled it and said they won't re-open after all.Not to mention you'd want to clean the screen after each order.

Exactly people would congregate and ignore social distancing, these companies are taking a lot of risk reopening at all IMO, staff may not socially distance or keep up hygiene standards, and you've also got the same issues with the delivery drivers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions