McFail

Posted 1st Mar
3415764-UGbyj.jpgHad some guests round and ordered some food for us from McDonald's. This is what McDonald's call a double cheeseburger is it?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
My OCD is frustrated by the placement of that cheese!
36 Comments
Arto01/03/2020 18:31

Comment deleted

I think I would prefer a slice of toast.
Appealing..... but they've already got your money, so they don't care.
Ringfinger01/03/2020 18:41

Appealing..... but they've already got your money, so they don't care.

Not sure if it's worth complaining to Uber Eats to be honest. For the price of a double cheeseburger not being much, it was a large order though and they did only put one patty in when it should've been two - for some reason they put this one in a pancake tray as well
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 1st Mar
I'd eat that right now
I ordered a deliveroo burger King on Friday and got a burger with two top buns!
chuckiedoll01/03/2020 19:35

I ordered a deliveroo burger King on Friday and got a burger with two top …I ordered a deliveroo burger King on Friday and got a burger with two top buns!

You got the bun missing from the burger in my photo, delivered by McDonald's staff to Burger King
Living the dream.
I never received my small fries last night.

They are useless lol
I ordered a quarter pounder from McDonald’s and I used table service it arrived in a pancake box immediately confused I open it to see a burger patty and some pickles in a box .
I got a beef burger in my McChicken sandwich...

It still came in the correct box though at least which is half a win.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 1st Mar
dcx_badass01/03/2020 22:41

I got a beef burger in my McChicken sandwich..It still came in the correct …I got a beef burger in my McChicken sandwich..It still came in the correct box though at least which is half a win.

Be reasonable: it's nearer two thirds of a win.
Was there a bun?
RedNWhite02/03/2020 07:32

Same! However I wanted to upload the photo exactly how it arrived
davewave02/03/2020 10:28

Did they refund you?

I complained through the Uber Eats app in the end as there was a few other issues we noticed. Our Flake McFlurries had no Flake or sauce in, the dips were missing, the large fries (every portion of large fries that is) were not even half full... although I told a white lie in terms of the fries on the complaint because in the past they've said they won't refund for smaller than usual portion sizes. I said the boxes had no fries in so let's see what happens
Edited by: "andrewworrall1" 2nd Mar
andrewworrall102/03/2020 10:30

I complained through the Uber Eats app in the end as there was a few other …I complained through the Uber Eats app in the end as there was a few other issues we noticed. Our Flake McFlurries had no Flake or sauce in, the dips were missing, the large fries (every portion of large fries that is) were not even half full... although I told a white lie in terms of the fries on the complaint because in the past they've said they won't refund for smaller than usual portion sizes. I said the boxes had no fries in so let's see what happens

How pathetic for the server to think they could get away with it because you weren't ordering in person. Hope they get sacked tbh.
davewave02/03/2020 10:32

How pathetic for the server to think they could get away with it because …How pathetic for the server to think they could get away with it because you weren't ordering in person. Hope they get sacked tbh.

I don't really want to get anyone sacked, I just want the money back really - it was quite a large order. I'm not sure if they messed the burger up on purpose because it came in a pancake tray. No idea why!
must be the gluten free version
Looks like somehow the order went through as bunless. Some people do request this as they can't eat gluten so want to avoid the bun.

Not sure why you would get that order without requesting it but I would guess that as it is a delivery order that adds another point where things could go wrong as the order has to go from Uber Eats system to McDonalds system.
jon81uk02/03/2020 11:00

Looks like somehow the order went through as bunless. Some people do …Looks like somehow the order went through as bunless. Some people do request this as they can't eat gluten so want to avoid the bun.Not sure why you would get that order without requesting it but I would guess that as it is a delivery order that adds another point where things could go wrong as the order has to go from Uber Eats system to McDonalds system.

Possibly a mix-up with someone else's order in terms of the no bun burger I guess and yes I definitely understand the gluten-free thing. We had other issues as well. Uber Eats customer service is usually rubbish, but I'm hoping they'll refund.
andrewworrall102/03/2020 11:05

Possibly a mix-up with someone else's order in terms of the no bun burger …Possibly a mix-up with someone else's order in terms of the no bun burger I guess and yes I definitely understand the gluten-free thing. We had other issues as well. Uber Eats customer service is usually rubbish, but I'm hoping they'll refund.

Given that all customised items at McDonalds are clearly marked it does seem very strange that you would get the wrong food item. I often order quarter pounders with no onions and I've always got the custom order fine.

My assumption is that its Uber Eats that are more at fault.
Are you going to do thread with McSuccess with a good one anytime soon?
They don't care, our local one has those stupid machines for ordering and they are so frustrating to use (when they are working). I stormed out the last time I went to order something from McDontgothere
Bigfootpete02/03/2020 12:57

They don't care, our local one has those stupid machines for ordering and …They don't care, our local one has those stupid machines for ordering and they are so frustrating to use (when they are working). I stormed out the last time I went to order something from McDontgothere

There is still a counter if you don't like the touchscreen ordering.

I prefer it as its much easier to customise and to take time and think about what you want
jon81uk02/03/2020 11:24

Given that all customised items at McDonalds are clearly marked it does …Given that all customised items at McDonalds are clearly marked it does seem very strange that you would get the wrong food item. I often order quarter pounders with no onions and I've always got the custom order fine.My assumption is that its Uber Eats that are more at fault.

You'd think, but this was ordered on their own App and clearly labelled...

Luckily I wasn't too bothered (I didn't notice till I got it home) but some people it would have been more of an issue. I did message them and they refunded though.

40027708.jpg
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 2nd Mar
andrewworrall102/03/2020 10:30

I complained through the Uber Eats app in the end as there was a few other …I complained through the Uber Eats app in the end as there was a few other issues we noticed. Our Flake McFlurries had no Flake or sauce in, the dips were missing, the large fries (every portion of large fries that is) were not even half full... although I told a white lie in terms of the fries on the complaint because in the past they've said they won't refund for smaller than usual portion sizes. I said the boxes had no fries in so let's see what happens

That's why I always order small fries because you usually end up with the same amount in the larger fries boxes

Saves me some money.
Edited by: "Delightful123" 2nd Mar
They refunded me for half of the order. A full refund would've been nice considering the other issues with the order, but I'll accept this.
Dylan_Smith13502/03/2020 23:58

CEO of not having takeaways

So this is not a place to speak your mind, can't even say takeaway food is disgusting?
cant understand how anyone would order McDonald's for delivery, they cant even make it hot from the counter to the customer.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants