McFlurry Ice Creams are no longer Flurried, but just ask!

Found 28th Oct 2014
I am not sure if it is only me that has noticed this, but when you order a McFlurry ice cream, they no longer use the flurry machine to mix it up. However, you can simply request that it is "flurried" and they will do it for you. Why do they no longer do this as standard? Perhaps someone who works for McDonalds can answer! Spread the word, as it makes the ice cream taste much better! Again, don't ask me why, it just does
Community Updates
MiscIce Cream
39 Comments
I never noticed this but shall look now
Saves time.

Time = £

At a guess.
Excellent tip.

Why does it make it taste better? Oh, sorry, you said not to ask.
Or you could just stir it yourself.
peodude

Or you could just stir it yourself.

Sooooo not the same. Plus, if I wanted to stir it myself I would just order a sundae, not a McFLURRY
get onto the ASA?
I had one on Sunday and they mixed it. Maybe it's dependent on the server?
PennysMakePounds

Sooooo not the same. Plus, if I wanted to stir it myself I would just … Sooooo not the same. Plus, if I wanted to stir it myself I would just order a sundae, not a McFLURRY

Surely an un-flurried McFlurry is just a Mc?
Surely trading standards should be involved under trade descriptions act!!!!
they aint flurried 'cos they aint in no hurry.
A McUnflurry?

how's your Rap career panning out thesedays...MC Tiger in da house

ssc1

they aint flurried 'cos they aint in no hurry.

I don't get this.

The machine takes a few seconds to mix. If the chocolate pieces are stirred in by hand then it would take longer.

Or do they just use the chocolate pieces as a topping now?
AYe ive seen this for a while. None of the McDonald's round here use the stirrer by default.
Part of McDonald's tactics to save time and money - just the same as their staff are now trained to ask every time "is that a large meal?" because you are more likely to say Yes rather than ask for it large.

Its same as the KFCs round here too - you are supposed to receive sauces/dips with certain meals as advertised, but as a cost cutting exercise they don't offer the sauces unless you specifically ask for them. I deliberately ask for sauces now out of spite to save them right for trying to save a few pence.
118luke

AYe ive seen this for a while. None of the McDonald's round here use the … AYe ive seen this for a while. None of the McDonald's round here use the stirrer by default. Part of McDonald's tactics to save time and money - just the same as their staff are now trained to ask every time "is that a large meal?" because you are more likely to say Yes rather than ask for it large. Its same as the KFCs round here too - you are supposed to receive sauces/dips with certain meals as advertised, but as a cost cutting exercise they don't offer the sauces unless you specifically ask for them. I deliberately ask for sauces now out of spite to save them right for trying to save a few pence.

LOL - This rant made me laugh... your not bitter in the least
PennysMakePounds

LOL - This rant made me laugh... your not bitter in the least

Its a bit of a light hearted rant lol
118luke

AYe ive seen this for a while. None of the McDonald's round here use the … AYe ive seen this for a while. None of the McDonald's round here use the stirrer by default. Part of McDonald's tactics to save time and money - just the same as their staff are now trained to ask every time "is that a large meal?" because you are more likely to say Yes rather than ask for it large. Its same as the KFCs round here too - you are supposed to receive sauces/dips with certain meals as advertised, but as a cost cutting exercise they don't offer the sauces unless you specifically ask for them. I deliberately ask for sauces now out of spite to save them right for trying to save a few pence.

Lack of sauce winds me up so much! If you don't eat there regularly how are you supposed to know which sauce to ask for?

I got so excited when they bought the ketchup tap in Mc Donald's, I tried to make up for lost time by doing this:

http://lifehacker.com/5931053/fan-your-ketchup-cups-for-maximum-condiment-volume-and-dunkage

Wasn't a good idea, cup collapsed and ended up flat, ketchup went everywhere...
Ketchup tap is vile. I've seen kids come straight out of the McBogs and then manhandle the ketchup dispenser!

I'd rather pay and have the pots or sachets as they do in some fast food places.
When I worked there it was a strict requirement that you used the machine to flurry the ice cream. You were also monitored to make sure the ice cream was the correct weight, and also how much chocolate pieces etc you added,Ridiculous. I would assume they couldn't be bothered, and I wouldn't blame them.
Sitting next to a friend who used to manage at a McDonalds

They are supposed to get flurried along with ice being added to drinks, but the majority of staff don't bother as its less hassle.

I ordered one yesterday and they did it lol
wtf is this?

serious?
moneysavingkitten

Lack of sauce winds me up so much! If you don't eat there regularly how … Lack of sauce winds me up so much! If you don't eat there regularly how are you supposed to know which sauce to ask for?I got so excited when they bought the ketchup tap in Mc Donald's, I tried to make up for lost time by doing this:http://lifehacker.com/5931053/fan-your-ketchup-cups-for-maximum-condiment-volume-and-dunkageWasn't a good idea, cup collapsed and ended up flat, ketchup went everywhere...

You do realise you can take as many of the cups as you want? You don't have to pack as much into one cup as you can!
callum9999

You do realise you can take as many of the cups as you want? You don't … You do realise you can take as many of the cups as you want? You don't have to pack as much into one cup as you can!

Lol you shouldn't have told her callum..
callum9999

You do realise you can take as many of the cups as you want? You don't … You do realise you can take as many of the cups as you want? You don't have to pack as much into one cup as you can!

Yeah, I know, I had more than one widened out like that
Mark2111

Ketchup tap is vile. I've seen kids come straight out of the McBogs and … Ketchup tap is vile. I've seen kids come straight out of the McBogs and then manhandle the ketchup dispenser!I'd rather pay and have the pots or sachets as they do in some fast food places.

McBogs? X)
moneysavingkitten

Yeah, I know, I had more than one widened out like that

pro-tip, the straws are free too..
CookinBat

pro-tip, the straws are free too..

Damn, if only I'd known. I could have used them to snort the ketchup I spilled.
Mark2111

Ketchup tap is vile. I've seen kids come straight out of the McBogs and … Ketchup tap is vile. I've seen kids come straight out of the McBogs and then manhandle the ketchup dispenser!I'd rather pay and have the pots or sachets as they do in some fast food places.

They let you use the McBogs?! The one at ours is locked and you have to beg the manager for a key to use it.
moneysavingkitten

They let you use the McBogs?! The one at ours is locked and you have to … They let you use the McBogs?! The one at ours is locked and you have to beg the manager for a key to use it.

Some of the ones I have been to are unlocked, and anyone can use them. Others you have to be a paying customer, and staff can unlock it remotely.
moneysavingkitten

They let you use the McBogs?! The one at ours is locked and you have to … They let you use the McBogs?! The one at ours is locked and you have to beg the manager for a key to use it.

no thats the broom cupboard madam X)
Transformers

Some of the ones I have been to are unlocked, and anyone can use them. … Some of the ones I have been to are unlocked, and anyone can use them. Others you have to be a paying customer, and staff can unlock it remotely.

Wow, they can unlock them remotely? Your McBogs sound so much fancier than ours Next you'll be telling me there is a ketchup tap in the McBogs!
moneysavingkitten

Wow, they can unlock them remotely? Your McBogs sound so much fancier … Wow, they can unlock them remotely? Your McBogs sound so much fancier than ours Next you'll be telling me there is a ketchup tap in the McBogs!

There are. I thought that was standard. X)
https://i.imgflip.com/dkc5u.jpg
i read this earlier, went to mcdonalds today, and watched to see if they did it, and they did

Was looking forward to asking about it lol.. (sad git that i am)
Transformers

There are. I thought that was standard. X)

So envious! I think our local must just be McRubbish.
The thought of mcdonalds makes me feel physically sick.
J4GG4

The thought of mcdonalds makes me feel physically sick.

Even worse than the thought is when people post pictures...
deleted57959

Transit i almost feel sorry for youFURRY machine?

Well spotted (_;)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants