Groups

MDA Compact III / HTC Artemis - Unlock??

MDA Compact III / HTC Artemis

--------------------------------

I've recently been given one of these and whilst all the applications work ok, it appears the sms texts and phone calls are an issue - i.e. it don't work!

I've got a new T Mobile sim card in there (as it's locked) and apparantly i don't need to top up the sim card to receive calls or texts (so the lady in the tMobile shop told me)
    I've gone into the Phone settings and for the current network is simply says Searching...

If i select Manual Network selection, it says "Unable to read settings from the network. Try viewing settings later or disconnect data connection and try again".

Any ideas anyone - soory bit a noob with this phone so may need some further assistance!!

Update - now I need to know how to unlcok this to other networks - any advice please??

5 Comments

is the sim definitely registered and on the network (can you test it in a different phone?)

Original Poster

Bl**dy tmobile staff are rubbish. I specifically asked if I needed to top up or register the sim and they said no. It dont work in my other phone:oops:

So, how do I activate the sim - i spose the only way is to top up??

Original Poster

OK got a new registered tmobile sim with credit on it now -just a shame i canlt get tmobile in my village to try this any further!!

Does anyone know really easy way to unlock this pda please? I see fonfunshop want £25 (:w00t:) but that's wayyyyy too much - any cheaper options that people have used please??

melmorc;8095761

OK got a new registered tmobile sim with credit on it now -just a shame i … OK got a new registered tmobile sim with credit on it now -just a shame i canlt get tmobile in my village to try this any further!!Does anyone know really easy way to unlock this pda please? I see fonfunshop want £25 (:w00t:) but that's wayyyyy too much - any cheaper options that people have used please??

try wiki.xda-developers.com/ind…ock

Original Poster

dt_matthews;8095945

try http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Artemis_SimUnlock

Thank you!! From this site, i went onot somewhere else and have now successfully unlocked it!! Woo Hoo!!:-D
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1423
      2. word survey69
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518
      4. It was forty years ago today......617

See more discussions