MDM lock on phone

Posted 7th May
Hi, I bought iPhone SE from ebay in Dec 2017. Used for couple of years and now thought of selling it. But when I reset, it says it was stolen and remote managed by some Tech Data Corporation. Contacted them and sent all the proofs of buying. But they say as company policy they never release the lock.
3458639-uqoWr.jpg
Some kind of profile was installed on the device under Device Management. Any way around this (apart from bin it comments)?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Contact Apple support with your proof of purchase.
Love__Bargains07/05/2020 18:50

Contact Apple support with your proof of purchase.

I did on chat with technical support team. Even senior support person tried to help technically like restore using iTunes etc. But nothing worked. They said contact ebay
As per my post on the same/similar situation I had, the ebay listing saying they can reset the phone for a few quid are scams (so I'm led to believe).
Edited by: "u664541" 7th May
Could be a work phone somebody kept after leaving their company, then decided to sell on eBay?
sammy.p7507/05/2020 19:33

I did on chat with technical support team. Even senior support person …I did on chat with technical support team. Even senior support person tried to help technically like restore using iTunes etc. But nothing worked. They said contact ebay

Prior to any action consider if you are the legitimate legal owner of the handset, rather than simply the buyer of a handset.
If you feel you are the legitimate legal owner, an entity is causing you some loss and you could consider seeking compensation.
The source of the compensation would depend on the origin of your issue.

Did the vendor (or associate) of the handset initiate the stolen status? If so, your sole compensation source is the vendor, but if the vendor was compensated by an insurance company you may be able to come to an arrangement with the ins co, assuming you can identify the ins co.

Or has the company enforcing the restriction made a mistake and that company has not received a legitimate instruction to lock your specific handset? If so, your compensation source is that company.

The company using the domain name quoted on the screen of the handset has limited company representation in UK. Maybe contact that UK-based co with a polite request to unlock; if no joy and you are absolutely confident that the company has made a mistake and has not received an instruction to lock this specific handset, consider the LBA & MCOL route against the UK co. That co's formal registration details (and so contact details for formal comms) can be seen at archive web.archive.org/web…=14
This doesn't look like the network blocked it. It looks like one of those sites where you can register your your electronics (forgot the name) so if it gets stolen they can lock it. contact eBay seller if possible.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions