Groups

Me being cynical again ( R e Go Go Hamsters)

I know some people wouldn't dream of it,but am i being too cynical thinking that the odd one or two will take advantage of peoples kindness and get one from someone and then sell it on Ebay.

85 Comments

To be honest i think all the people ive seen putting wants on here for them genuinely want them for their kids xmas presents. Ive got 3 girls who all want them

your always going to get some people like that, just out for a profit, on the other hand there are plenty of genuine people who wouldn't do this and are genuinely in need on one for xmas!

Original Poster

Trouble is,you don't know who is genuine though:w00t:

deb8z;6923850

very true!

too be honest i have got extra hamsters that i have put on ebay only because i want the hamster ball and a few more accessories and they are all over priced so the way i am looking at it is if i get £20 for a hamster i can then buy a hamster ball off ebay so not really profiting but it gets me what i need.
    edit.. i would not take a hamster off someone on here to sell on though i would never do that.

deb8z;6923850

i think you are right i bet alot of people have done it with various things on here x

I see your point,however,I would never want to be in a situation where I failed to help someone when I could because they MAY not be genuine.

better to have a few pull the wool over my eyes than not help the majority who want these for children.end of the day,its no loss to me-I dont do ebay or the like-If I am in a position to get hamster stuff I will always get it and try to help.

just my opinion tho.

greyparrot;6923885

too be honest i have got extra hamsters that i have put on ebay only … too be honest i have got extra hamsters that i have put on ebay only because i want the hamster ball and a few more accessories and they are all over priced so the way i am looking at it is if i get £20 for a hamster i can then buy a hamster ball off ebay so not really profiting but it gets me what i need.

that dont really stand up when you havent even tried here. Lots of members helping 1 another by swapping hamsters stuff.

How many extra hamsters you got as you say your ebaying them??? But also just seen your swap thread

Banned

like the mw2 all over again

sold a spare tunnel and wheel on ebay...after PLAY finally sent them after 2 months of waiting and finding in Toys r us.......i have everything else hamster related ,which i would never sell!
    but if someone here had been desperatley seeking them at the time id have offered them....im soft like that!!

DIVA1977;6923904

that dont really stand up when you havent even tried here. Lots of … that dont really stand up when you havent even tried here. Lots of members helping 1 another by swapping hamsters stuff

i have it on the big thread yeah granted i only put it on this morning but i have also spoke to people on here that say the hamster ball seems to be the hardest to get they have the same rrp as a hamster and if someone had one i would do them a straight swap for a hamster but it isnt going to happen. the only place apart from ebay that has them is amazon for something stupid like £50 at the end of the day if it takes me selling a hamster on ebay and maybe getting £20-£25 for it i could possibly get a hamster ball for that on there.

Admin

Yeah think you're right on that, though I'd hope the majority of members would be looking for hamster stuff for their own relatives.. rather than trying to make a profit out of a community that's trying to help one another.

Have to say, when I first saw these on a TV advert, I thought they were absolutely ridiculous. But now even I'm getting swept up in the hysteria! I've bought a hamster for my niece but haven't managed to find any accessories in stock yet.

DIVA1977;6923904

that dont really stand up when you havent even tried here. Lots of … that dont really stand up when you havent even tried here. Lots of members helping 1 another by swapping hamsters stuff.How many extra hamsters you got as you say your ebaying them??? But also just seen your swap thread

i have 6.

sassie;6923915

like the mw2 all over again

its worse...remember trying to get WII!!!!!!!argh.........

BY THE WAY OUR TOYS R US GETS THEM IN ...............i go in on my lunch and they do have them quite regularly(hence me getting the whole lot am just after one more blanket,as i only have 3 and need 4)...they go fast...if anyone wants something i would have a look and post it on(for postage)...

Banned

juliet_bravo;6923939

Yeah think you're right on that, though I'd hope the majority of members … Yeah think you're right on that, though I'd hope the majority of members would be looking for hamster stuff for their own relatives.. rather than trying to make a profit out of a community that's trying to help one another.Have to say, when I first saw these on a TV advert, I thought they were absolutely ridiculous. But now even I'm getting swept up in the hysteria! I've bought a hamster for my niece but haven't managed to find any accessories in stock yet.

and none of these should be appearing on the fs boards, they are being purchased to sell to someone at cost or swap

I am glad my little girl doesnt want them.... i dont even think they look good

Tinkytayls;6923983

I am glad my little girl doesnt want them.... i dont even think they look … I am glad my little girl doesnt want them.... i dont even think they look good

too be honest i think they are rubbish i mean whats all the noises about that they make train noises etc weird. but my daughter keeps going on about them and if it makes her happy then so be it. it is actually my mum that is getting all the go go stuff for her but we have been both on the look out for the hamsters which is why we have ended up with more.

sassie;6923958

and none of these should be appearing on the fs boards, they are being … and none of these should be appearing on the fs boards, they are being purchased to sell to someone at cost or swap

agree 100 percent sassie-maybe if we could post them in misc or the official hamster thread-its not even clear whether 2 hamsters is the limit or 2 of each hamster. plenty people are trying to get extra to help others and are doing straight swaps for other hamster stuff or selling at cost-this is being done to be helpful. If I am in a shop that gets a delivery I would buy as many as I could with the sole purpose of helping the hundreds here who need them-making no profit for myself-maybe the mods can look at this? people are gonna get more desperate as christmas approaches-pay high prices on ebay or get help from hukders?

Banned

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]I've already sent out some feelers in order to get a few cheap = resell on ebay.

Then again if someone needs one desperately they will thank me for ripping them off.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Banned

barky;6924037

agree 100 percent sassie-maybe if we could post them in misc or the … agree 100 percent sassie-maybe if we could post them in misc or the official hamster thread-its not even clear whether 2 hamsters is the limit or 2 of each hamster. plenty people are trying to get extra to help others and are doing straight swaps for other hamster stuff or selling at cost-this is being done to be helpful. If I am in a shop that gets a delivery I would buy as many as I could with the sole purpose of helping the hundreds here who need them-making no profit for myself-maybe the mods can look at this? people are gonna get more desperate as christmas approaches-pay high prices on ebay or get help from hukders?

wasnt trying to stop them beoing traded, just stop the feedback being built up by swapping these, also when they are popular like this the threads end up being turned into discussion about them, who has what, whose looking for what, where you can still get, etc,etc meaning bumping unfairly for others, they should remain in misc or even better one thread

i bet that it takes about 2 weeks after all these children have got them to get fed up of them and then they end up chucked at the bottom of the toy box.

Banned

Tinkytayls;6923983

I am glad my little girl doesnt want them.... i dont even think they look … I am glad my little girl doesnt want them.... i dont even think they look good

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]They really are the most pointless things. I mentioned yesterday in a thread about the ones in all the rubbish gadget shops (red 5 etc), and starsparkle2311 said "these ones make noises" - i think that says it all! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

greyparrot;6923935

i have it on the big thread yeah granted i only put it on this morning … i have it on the big thread yeah granted i only put it on this morning but i have also spoke to people on here that say the hamster ball seems to be the hardest to get they have the same rrp as a hamster and if someone had one i would do them a straight swap for a hamster but it isnt going to happen. the only place apart from ebay that has them is amazon for something stupid like £50 at the end of the day if it takes me selling a hamster on ebay and maybe getting £20-£25 for it i could possibly get a hamster ball for that on there.

greyparrot;6923941

i have 6.

Theres only a shortage IMO of all thinsg because ppl are being greedy and buying more than they need to profiteer out of others..
    I see you point that no-one will straight swap 1 hamster for a ball. But some would 2/3. So you admitting you got 6 surplus is OTT .
    I think the beauty of these was that even ppl that were poor could afford them b4 all the greedy ebay/ amazon market place sellers etc bought them. Ive seen 4 hamsters ( 1 of each) going for £200!!!.
    Thats just plain wrong , its a kids toy not a businessman's gadget

Original Poster

DIVA1977;6924128

Theres only a shortage IMO of all thinsg because ppl are being greedy and … Theres only a shortage IMO of all thinsg because ppl are being greedy and buying more than they need to profiteer out of others..I see you point that no-one will straight swap 1 hamster for a ball. But some would 2/3. So you admitting you got 6 surplus is OTT .I think the beauty of these was that even ppl that were poor could afford them b4 all the greedy ebay/ amazon market place sellers etc bought them. Ive seen 4 hamsters ( 1 of each) going for £200!!!.Thats just plain wrong , its a kids toy not a businessman's gadget

Supply and demand isn't it,some people have got more money than sense and they don't have the time to trawl shops/websites so will pay whatever price to secure they win after someone else has done the hard work,prime example, HUKD'ers giving other members who are also Ebay sellers the heads up as to where they are available,

DIVA1977;6924128

Theres only a shortage IMO of all thinsg because ppl are being greedy and … Theres only a shortage IMO of all thinsg because ppl are being greedy and buying more than they need to profiteer out of others..I see you point that no-one will straight swap 1 hamster for a ball. But some would 2/3. So you admitting you got 6 surplus is OTT .I think the beauty of these was that even ppl that were poor could afford them b4 all the greedy ebay/ amazon market place sellers etc bought them. Ive seen 4 hamsters ( 1 of each) going for £200!!!.Thats just plain wrong , its a kids toy not a businessman's gadget

look dont even start going on at me i have already said that both me and my mum have been trying to get them we also ordered a few off amazon as it was a variety pick and we wanted mr squiggles anyway we now have got him plus 6 more like i have said that are extra. why should i swap 2 or 3 hamsters for a ball that has a rrp of like £10,that would be me getting ripped off wouldnt it so i will sell on ebay if i can get £20-£25 for a hamster i can get the ball also i start my auctions at 0.99p it is up to them what they bid thats not my problem.

Banned

greyparrot;6924173

look dont even start going on at me i have already said that both me and … look dont even start going on at me i have already said that both me and my mum have been trying to get them we also ordered a few off amazon as it was a variety pick and we wanted mr squiggles anyway we now have got him plus 6 more like i have said that are extra. why should i swap 2 or 3 hamsters for a ball that has a rrp of like £10,that would be me getting ripped off wouldnt it so i will sell on ebay if i can get £20-£25 for a hamster i can get the ball also i start my auctions at 0.99p it is up to them what they bid thats not my problem.

its pretty sad when hukd members are looking for them for their own children, and your on here saying i have six spare, but tough luck unless you got somwething to trade, think thats the problem

vibeone;6924126

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]They really are the most … [FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Sienna"]They really are the most pointless things. I mentioned yesterday in a thread about the ones in all the rubbish gadget shops (red 5 etc), and starsparkle2311 said "these ones make noises" - i think that says it all! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Lol that made me laugh :-D

sassie;6924202

its pretty sad when hukd members are looking for them for their own … its pretty sad when hukd members are looking for them for their own children, and your on here saying i have six spare, but tough luck unless you got somwething to trade, think thats the problem

sassie its not like i have gone to buy them to make money i have simply ordered from where i can get them in the hope i can get all 4 hamsters together for my daughter.and yeah i would sooner sell on ebay then swap 2/3 hamsters worth £30rrp for a ball worth a tenner.

Banned

greyparrot;6924248

sassie its not like i have gone to buy them to make money i have simply … sassie its not like i have gone to buy them to make money i have simply ordered from where i can get them in the hope i can get all 4 hamsters together for my daughter.and yeah i would sooner sell on ebay then swap 2/3 hamsters worth £30rrp for a ball worth a tenner.

it is entirely up to you what you do with what you have, i was giving you a reson to why people get annoyed at this sort of thing, and of course you have purchased them to make money, otherwise you would offer them for what you paid

Banned

greyparrot;6924173

look dont even start going on at me i have already said that both me and … look dont even start going on at me i have already said that both me and my mum have been trying to get them we also ordered a few off amazon as it was a variety pick and we wanted mr squiggles anyway we now have got him plus 6 more like i have said that are extra. why should i swap 2 or 3 hamsters for a ball that has a rrp of like £10,that would be me getting ripped off wouldnt it so i will sell on ebay if i can get £20-£25 for a hamster i can get the ball also i start my auctions at 0.99p it is up to them what they bid thats not my problem.

if I understand correctly, you said the balls go for £50 on ebay so after selling 3 hamsters for £25 each – postage and fees (£7.50 fees and say another £7 for separate postage) you are only left with enough to buy the ball anyway with some spare change and you had to work harder for it. I think this whole hamster thing is ridiculous and a shame that parents pander to their children so much these days, even to the extent of financial difficulty but anyway, I just wanted to point out that your solution might not have been the best one. That’s if my assumptions were correct.

sassie;6924265

it is entirely up to you what you do with what you have, i was giving you … it is entirely up to you what you do with what you have, i was giving you a reson to why people get annoyed at this sort of thing, and of course you have purchased them to make money, otherwise you would offer them for what you paid

sassie i have not bought them to make money at all. what i am saying is i want the hamster ball and cannot afford to pay £50 like amazon want i know i have more of a chance of selling a hamster for more on ebay to be able to buy the ball so i would not be profiting in other words if you dont get it i will sell the hamster for say £25 but then it will probably cost me that if not more to buy the ball off ebay.

bykergrove;6924277

if I understand correctly, you said the balls go for £50 on ebay so after … if I understand correctly, you said the balls go for £50 on ebay so after selling 3 hamsters for £25 each – postage and fees (£7.50 fees and say another £7 for separate postage) you are only left with enough to buy the ball anyway with some spare change and you had to work harder for it. I think this whole hamster thing is ridiculous and a shame that parents pander to their children so much these days, even to the extent of financial difficulty but anyway, I just wanted to point out that your solution might not have been the best one. That’s if my assumptions were correct.

yes that is what i mean i cannot afford £50 for the ball it is my only way of getting it. if i could get a ball for the rrp of £10 then i would happily put my others on here for what they cost me.
    but i am not prepared to swap 3 hamsters for a ball on here that its only cost someone a tenner i either want a straight swap or pay them the tenner that the rrp is both the ball and the hamster is the same rrp so its only fair.

Banned

greyparrot;6924321

yes that is what i mean i cannot afford £50 for the ball it is my only … yes that is what i mean i cannot afford £50 for the ball it is my only way of getting it. if i could get a ball for the rrp of £10 then i would happily put my others on here for what they cost me.

point i was trying to make was that you should try swapping 3 hamsters for the ball. in your previously quoted post you said "why should i swap when i could sell"

My girls havent mentioned hamsters so I'm not interested in em.

I'm sure you're right tho' Debs xxxx

bykergrove;6924338

point i was trying to make was that you should try swapping 3 hamsters … point i was trying to make was that you should try swapping 3 hamsters for the ball. in your previously quoted post you said "why should i swap when i could sell"

well because this site is surpost to be for helping people not for profit so why should i let £30 worth of hamsters go to get a £10 ball in return when they would probably put them on ebay themselves.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6924340

My girls havent mentioned hamsters so I'm not interested in em.I'm sure … My girls havent mentioned hamsters so I'm not interested in em.I'm sure you're right tho' Debs xxxx

I'm dreading my niece or nephew piping up they want one in about 3 weeks time:w00t:

deb8z;6924405

I'm dreading my niece or nephew piping up they want one in about 3 weeks … I'm dreading my niece or nephew piping up they want one in about 3 weeks time:w00t:

Try this " then want shall be your master "

My kids hate that line... :roll:;-)

it means they aint getting lol

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;6924424

Try this " then want shall be your master "My kids hate that line... … Try this " then want shall be your master "My kids hate that line... :roll:;-)it means they aint getting lol

"gets pen and paper" lol

Banned

greyparrot;6924393

well because this site is surpost to be for helping people not for profit … well because this site is surpost to be for helping people not for profit so why should i let £30 worth of hamsters go to get a £10 ball in return when they would probably put them on ebay themselves.

1. So you would prefer that yourself + 3 others get ripped of
    2. If you trade then NO one is getting ripped off as no money was exchanged and everyone wins
    3. if they go on to sell for a profit on ebay then they are just doing what you are doing. It doesn't matter what you do with the money after you are the same as the people going for profit but their "£50 hamster ball" is a pair of shoes for example. :roll:

deb8z;6924443

"gets pen and paper" lol

You're a real softie with those nephews and neices arent ya xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio44
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846165
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764205
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136

See more discussions