Meant to be flying to Denmark in the morning, now not sure...

Posted 11th Mar
Just had a call from a friend in Denmark, corona virus numbers doubled in a day, not sure what to do, can’t afford to get stuck there?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Rusty8212/03/2020 11:39

I don't quite get the hysteria. People love to panic. In Italy the average …I don't quite get the hysteria. People love to panic. In Italy the average age of those that have died as of Monday was 81 according to Italy's health institute. Yes, it's bad, but there's lots of things that are bad and it's a concern for the serisouly old and/or already ill. I have no concerns about contracting it in the slightest, it won't stop me from living my life that's for sure. That doesn't mean that if I was to get ill or show symptoms that I'd be carrying on as normal but if I am fit an healthy nothing has changed for me.

I am also not in the danger to life age range, but that is not the point. The point is you should try to prevent the spread regardless of your age, as this is how those elderly contracted the virus in the first place.
These comments are starting to get personal. It's getting late, why doesn't everyone wind their neck in a bit and have a good thought for the OP and leave it at that.
Frankly reading some of the 'stories' going around
not sure Denmark will want you flying there tbh.
40089230-iF7su.jpg
42 Comments
Frankly reading some of the 'stories' going around
not sure Denmark will want you flying there tbh.
Wongy11011/03/2020 20:50

Frankly reading some of the 'stories' going aroundnot sure Denmark will …Frankly reading some of the 'stories' going aroundnot sure Denmark will want you flying there tbh.

Sorry mate really quite cross right now

we are carrying on as if everything normal here more or less
it is not

Many countries like India are closing their borders people will die because of these decisions made/not made right now.
A couple of freebies on COS in Waitrose
not going there never mind Denmark mate
Yeah got a feeling this could get really nasty, wish I had the option to work at home but not possible for me. Going to cause me some major problems if I can’t go in the morning, still not sure.
I don’t see a problem if the flight is still going.
Can understand how unnerving you must be feeling now, things escalate so quickly with this virus that a weekend away could turn into a lockdown and 2 week quarantine just like that.
Denmark in lockdown mode for two weeks.
40088733-ihkwB.jpg
They also require a health certificate to enter. I'd just stay put, not worth the risk of getting stranded. The shops are being raided and unlikely they'll be replenished soon.

40088782-pNEpv.jpg40088782-Yt4B5.jpg
Edited by: "tempt" 11th Mar
I’m also planning to travel, not to Denmark but somewhere else. However I have pretty much no choice. My recommendation would be to consider whether you have enough money to be able to stay possibly an extra 2 weeks if things go bad. If not then it’s not worth the risk, especially if your trip isn’t essential.

If you’re put in quarantine then you don’t really have to worry about food or accommodation however you will need extra clothes.

But if Denmark/UK decides to close borders and leaves you stranded then you’ll want to purchase a survival guide. I recommend to find yourself a group, pick a leader and always have dumb people around to sacrifice if things get bad. Also vlog daily so you might as well get internet famous while at it.
dynamico11/03/2020 21:46

I’m also planning to travel, not to Denmark but somewhere else. However I h …I’m also planning to travel, not to Denmark but somewhere else. However I have pretty much no choice. My recommendation would be to consider whether you have enough money to be able to stay possibly an extra 2 weeks if things go bad. If not then it’s not worth the risk, especially if your trip isn’t essential.If you’re put in quarantine then you don’t really have to worry about food or accommodation however you will need extra clothes.But if Denmark/UK decides to close borders and leaves you stranded then you’ll want to purchase a survival guide. I recommend to find yourself a group, pick a leader and always have dumb people around to sacrifice if things get bad. Also vlog daily so you might as well get internet famous while at it.

Don’t forget the obligatory final post, ‘If you’re watching this is didn’t make it. Sorry for eating all the Jaffa cakes and leaving the empty box in the cupboard.’
Wongy11011/03/2020 20:50

Frankly reading some of the 'stories' going aroundnot sure Denmark will …Frankly reading some of the 'stories' going aroundnot sure Denmark will want you flying there tbh.

Stop listening to the media, the infection to death ratio is still extremely low. And that's not taking into account the people who have it and shrugged it off..

This with underlying conditions are at risk, but that goes for anything.

People panic buying pasta, bog rolls and toblerone.

Comical!
UK currently at 6.7 cases per million people. Denmark 88.7 and ranked 7th worst of those reporting although China figure is surely bogus so probably 8th or lower but definitely not good compared to UK.

worldometers.info/cor…us/
40089230-iF7su.jpg
These comments are starting to get personal. It's getting late, why doesn't everyone wind their neck in a bit and have a good thought for the OP and leave it at that.
This video from Denmark is comical.

t.co/3i9…0vh
OP, hope you find a resolution and as Denmark is under lockdown, I imagine your flight will be cancelled? Keep us informed.

To everyone else, I’m shocked, we are a community of people that all really care about deals and helping each other. Now, I agree, that there may not be much we can do, to contain the virus but I for one, would like my parents and grandparents alive thank you very much, so if that means that this incompetent government decides ‘finally’ for lockdown I’ll abide by it and try and not spread it
Thanks for all the advice everyone, I’m still at home, flights just about to leave, causing me major problems, but seems the right decision.
cycleman12/03/2020 07:22

Thanks for all the advice everyone, I’m still at home, flights just about t …Thanks for all the advice everyone, I’m still at home, flights just about to leave, causing me major problems, but seems the right decision.

I know it might not mean much but I think you’ve made the right decision in a tough scenario so good for you
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

I've been looking a place to use that line for about 3 years.
Edited by: "Erudite" 12th Mar
If someone flies to a coronavirus hotspot, for whatever reason, and the advice is to self isolate when you get home incase you have it - dont people consider they may have spread it on the journey to the airport (bus/train/taxi), in and around the departing airport (security queues/passport control queues etc), the plane itself, the arriving airport (security queues/passport control queues etc) and potentially the journey home? Just a thought
I don't quite get the hysteria. People love to panic. In Italy the average age of those that have died as of Monday was 81 according to Italy's health institute. Yes, it's bad, but there's lots of things that are bad and it's a concern for the serisouly old and/or already ill. I have no concerns about contracting it in the slightest, it won't stop me from living my life that's for sure. That doesn't mean that if I was to get ill or show symptoms that I'd be carrying on as normal but if I am fit an healthy nothing has changed for me.

I don't quite get the hysteria. People love to panic. In Italy the average …I don't quite get the hysteria. People love to panic. In Italy the average age of those that have died as of Monday was 81 according to Italy's health institute. Yes, it's bad, but there's lots of things that are bad and it's a concern for the serisouly old and/or already ill. I have no concerns about contracting it in the slightest, it won't stop me from living my life that's for sure. That doesn't mean that if I was to get ill or show symptoms that I'd be carrying on as normal but if I am fit an healthy nothing has changed for me.

I am also not in the danger to life age range, but that is not the point. The point is you should try to prevent the spread regardless of your age, as this is how those elderly contracted the virus in the first place.
PhilKelix212/03/2020 11:52

I am also not in the danger to life age range, but that is not the point. …I am also not in the danger to life age range, but that is not the point. The point is you should try to prevent the spread regardless of your age, as this is how those elderly contracted the virus in the first place.

I agree you should do what you can to stop the spread, for sure. But that doesn't mean staying in for weeks on end. Do you do the same for the common cold or the flu or other illnesses? I'm not saying it isn't bad but at the same time, it could be far worse. The death rate among normal healthy people is not concerning at all to me. Those that are vulnerable, either old or already ill, they should be staying in/away from high risk areas. We should be looking after these people and if we/healthy people are ill, recognise it and take appropriate steps.
Rusty8212/03/2020 11:58

I agree you should do what you can to stop the spread, for sure. But that …I agree you should do what you can to stop the spread, for sure. But that doesn't mean staying in for weeks on end. Do you do the same for the common cold or the flu or other illnesses? I'm not saying it isn't bad but at the same time, it could be far worse. The death rate among normal healthy people is not concerning at all to me. Those that are vulnerable, either old or already ill, they should be staying in/away from high risk areas. We should be looking after these people and if we/healthy people are ill, recognise it and take appropriate steps.

If I'm ill, I usually stay at home until I'm better, so yes.

Do you have any family members over 60?
I don't understand the OP's question.
Also, I don't think the OP knows what a question mark is actually for.
The media made this worse than it is. No need to panic buy and stop living life the same. Like most virus's this probably will be around for a long time and eventually just treated the same as the flu, which kills a lot more people every year and never reported on.
SmokinAce712/03/2020 12:33

The media made this worse than it is. No need to panic buy and stop living …The media made this worse than it is. No need to panic buy and stop living life the same. Like most virus's this probably will be around for a long time and eventually just treated the same as the flu, which kills a lot more people every year and never reported on.

Car crashes kill more people but they are about as relevant to COVID-19 as the flu ie not at all.
PhilKelix212/03/2020 12:00

If I'm ill, I usually stay at home until I'm better, so yes.Do you have …If I'm ill, I usually stay at home until I'm better, so yes.Do you have any family members over 60?

Yes, of course. And I have family members who have auto immune conditions and other issues. Those people need to take steps to limit their risk. I have two holidays abroad in one and two months time and unless there is a specific ban on travel there I will be going.
PhilKelix212/03/2020 12:41

Car crashes kill more people but they are about as relevant to COVID-19 as …Car crashes kill more people but they are about as relevant to COVID-19 as the flu ie not at all.

Why not? coronaviruses are all related they're just different strains and this is simply a new one which is why its getting the attention. but eventually it will be just another virus. either curable or not and we get on with it.
Our government has just announced it wont be closing schools and stopping large gatherings and letting it spread slowly throughout the country. Finally some common sense.
AgentDaleCooper12/03/2020 10:46

If someone flies to a coronavirus hotspot, for whatever reason, and the …If someone flies to a coronavirus hotspot, for whatever reason, and the advice is to self isolate when you get home incase you have it - dont people consider they may have spread it on the journey to the airport (bus/train/taxi), in and around the departing airport (security queues/passport control queues etc), the plane itself, the arriving airport (security queues/passport control queues etc) and potentially the journey home? Just a thought

Correct, your thought on your point is honest.

This is exactly the attitude that has led Italy to the present situation.
I am young and healthy, not bothered, and heroically going about my social life as I am untouchable.
Not an ounce of social responsibility and thought for the less fortunate - at risk groups - be it age or health issues. Yes, being young and healthy you’ll probably get mild symptoms if any but you will be a carrier and spreader all the same. And considering that these vulnerable groups might need help staying safe it would be nice to get it from people that are not as self centred as yourself. You say that you have elderly relatives that have auto immune problems and they should take care, not you, well I sincerely hope that you restrain from visiting them in the next couple of months, and they manage to get help with groceries and so on from someone else. The stats show just 2% average death ratio but the reality for the vulnerable groups is much grimmer
80+ years old 14.8%
70-79 years old 8.0%
60-69 years old 3.6%
50-59 years old 1.3%
40-49 years old 0.4%
30-39 years old 0.2%
20-29 years old 0.2%
10-19 years old 0.2%
0-9 years old no fatalities
worldometers.info/cor…cs/
To me nothing is too much bother to keep my dearests safe and would have thought it’s common sense but unfortunately clearly it’s not
Rusty8212/03/2020 11:58

I agree you should do what you can to stop the spread, for sure. But that …I agree you should do what you can to stop the spread, for sure. But that doesn't mean staying in for weeks on end. Do you do the same for the common cold or the flu or other illnesses? I'm not saying it isn't bad but at the same time, it could be far worse. The death rate among normal healthy people is not concerning at all to me. Those that are vulnerable, either old or already ill, they should be staying in/away from high risk areas. We should be looking after these people and if we/healthy people are ill, recognise it and take appropriate steps.

"The death rate among normal healthy people is not concerning at all to me" - the death rate of any normal, healthy people to an unknown disease concerns me. Lets hope you dont have any underlying conditions you aren't yet aware of as I do love a Told you so!
etta19112/03/2020 14:25

This is exactly the attitude that has led Italy to the present situation. …This is exactly the attitude that has led Italy to the present situation. I am young and healthy, not bothered, and heroically going about my social life as I am untouchable. Not an ounce of social responsibility and thought for the less fortunate - at risk groups - be it age or health issues. Yes, being young and healthy you’ll probably get mild symptoms if any but you will be a carrier and spreader all the same. And considering that these vulnerable groups might need help staying safe it would be nice to get it from people that are not as self centred as yourself. You say that you have elderly relatives that have auto immune problems and they should take care, not you, well I sincerely hope that you restrain from visiting them in the next couple of months, and they manage to get help with groceries and so on from someone else. The stats show just 2% average death ratio but the reality for the vulnerable groups is much grimmer 80+ years old 14.8%70-79 years old 8.0%60-69 years old 3.6%50-59 years old 1.3%40-49 years old 0.4%30-39 years old 0.2%20-29 years old 0.2%10-19 years old 0.2%0-9 years old no fatalitieshttps://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/coronavirus-age-sex-demographics/To me nothing is too much bother to keep my dearests safe and would have thought it’s common sense but unfortunately clearly it’s not

For one, if I become ill, I will be responsible and take necessary steps. I'm hardly likely going to visit anyone when I have even remotely similar symptoms, or any illness come to think of it.

I love how everyone is on their high horse about this but doesn't show the same concerns about any other virus, illness or bug. Carrying on with your lives when you've got a severe cold or flu. Passing it onto colleagues and relatives who end up dying because of it.

There are too many people on the planet, a planet we are destroying, there are much bigger problems to be concerned with and the fact of it is, you're more likely to be killed by a thousand and one other things in your day to day lives than this. I will take care of myself and family and do my best to limit my and others exposure where possible. End of.

I take each day as it comes and enjoy my life to the fullest. I am also not young, just younger than the elderly. People like to panic. That is a fact. We love mass hysteria. I do not. Not interested. I chose not to worry, about anything, I would visit Milan for a cheap hotel if I could , ok that part was a joke.

Have a nice day.
AgentDaleCooper12/03/2020 14:33

"The death rate among normal healthy people is not concerning at all to …"The death rate among normal healthy people is not concerning at all to me" - the death rate of any normal, healthy people to an unknown disease concerns me. Lets hope you dont have any underlying conditions you aren't yet aware of as I do love a Told you so!

I don't worry about anything like that. I don't understand people who get concerned about everything. Forget about it and enjoy your time on earth. I live life for each day, that's it.
Rusty8212/03/2020 14:39

For one, if I become ill, I will be responsible and take necessary steps. …For one, if I become ill, I will be responsible and take necessary steps. I'm hardly likely going to visit anyone when I have even remotely similar symptoms, or any illness come to think of it. I love how everyone is on their high horse about this but doesn't show the same concerns about any other virus, illness or bug. Carrying on with your lives when you've got a severe cold or flu. Passing it onto colleagues and relatives who end up dying because of it.There are too many people on the planet, a planet we are destroying, there are much bigger problems to be concerned with and the fact of it is, you're more likely to be killed by a thousand and one other things in your day to day lives than this. I will take care of myself and family and do my best to limit my and others exposure where possible. End of. I take each day as it comes and enjoy my life to the fullest. I am also not young, just younger than the elderly. People like to panic. That is a fact. We love mass hysteria. I do not. Not interested. I chose not to worry, about anything, I would visit Milan for a cheap hotel if I could , ok that part was a joke. Have a nice day.

"I love how everyone is on their high horse about this but doesn't show the same concerns about any other virus, illness or bug.". See a lot of pandemics do you?
I would just go anyway.

Let's be honest the government clearly don't care about the Coronavirus if they did we would ALL be isolated and everyone would stop what they are doing and be house bound until this all blows over. But no we are continuing to allow people to travel and spread further and further.

It almost annoys me with Boris Johnson claiming we're doing everything we can yet there's people taking trips flying into other countries. They need to take drastic action to contain this before it's too late.

When serious diseases like this come along people need to be isolated so it can't reach anyone else and we need to all have a sit down and watch this all blow over.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants