Found 19th Mar 2009
Ive been training on and off since i was 17 and am quite bulky , but i would like to get back into it properly with the right eating and everything

problem is meat is quite expensive and at the minute i cant really afford £6 for 3 chicken breasts from sainsbury everyday

anyone know any alternatives or somewhere i can bulk buy meat or something

when i go at it i eat alot of tuna chicken and steak , tins of tuna can be picked up quite cheap , its just the steak and the chicken

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

try turkey or buy in bulk frozen chicken it works out cheaper sometimes

Depends where you live...........we used to be able to buy meat direct from the abbatoir, at weekends we have a market that sells bags of steak and chicken from a van fairly cheap (and it's good stuff) halal shops are cheaper than supermarkets

Banned

Have to say frozen meats you usually get more for your money. I bought chicken tikka chunks (breast meat) from Tesco a while back, they were frozen. The amount in that bag was unbelievable, of course as you defrost it you have to eat it within 24hours I think, but it was huge for only 1.99 as I recall. Most of it went in the bin, couldn't eat it all. If you buy the same fresh it costs around 2.20 for only a small tray. Checkout Tesco website, they might still do it.

Original Poster

davedave3;4682049

Have to say frozen meats you usually get more for your money. I bought … Have to say frozen meats you usually get more for your money. I bought chicken tikka chunks (breast meat) from Tesco a while back, they were frozen. The amount in that bag was unbelievable, of course as you defrost it you have to eat it within 24hours I think, but it was huge for only 1.99 as I recall. Most of it went in the bin, couldn't eat it all. If you buy the same fresh it costs around 2.20 for only a small tray. Checkout Tesco website, they might still do it.

yea im always looking out for little things like that iceland normally have a few things like that , but there normally filled with carbs and fat (thats in iceland anyway ) , where as in a plain chicken breast the protien far outways anything else in it

Original Poster

anyone know what the prices are like in macros for meat?

problem is meat is quite expensive and at the minute i cant really afford … problem is meat is quite expensive and at the minute i cant really afford £6 for 3 chicken breasts from sainsbury everyday

Stop buying meat from the supermarkets. It's full of fat, water and other chemicals used to make them 'stay fresh looking' .

I switched to my local farm shop years ago, where it may cost £4+ for 2 chicken fillets, but they're much larger, you don't have all the fat and bits to cut out and aren't pumped full of water.

I now only buy from a local butcher. You get quality meat and it is cheaper. It also means that if you only want one of something then thats all you need to get. I find the chicken breasts don't shrink as they are not injected with water to plump them out and also taste 100 times better.

do you have a local market?

Meat is super cheap at birminghams indoor market

Look at Liquid egg whites for sure! Especially from a place called titanics. Cheap, and each carton contains about 1 litre, and 100g of protein. Can be drunk from the bottle, and you do get used to the taste! £2.40ish per bottle.

Also look at bulk whey and supplements. But as for meat, just check out for deals on chickens, turkey, tuna etc etc.

costco do a bag of frozen chicken breast 2.2k for a tenner, good size breast as well get about 10-12 in the pack, if you know anyone with a card or if you have a costco nearby.

Like other people said try a local butcher but look around quite a few

NEar me theres several but one guy towards the end of the day halves the price of all the trays of meat and if you look at a few thigns he offers you deals.

so a big tray of chickcen breasts normally say 10 he puts a sticker on for fiver. n sometimes he'll offer me 3 trays for £12.

ends up a ton of chicken :P
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769633
    2. Boredom1012
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428514672
    4. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35104

See more discussions