EXPIRED

Medal of Honor PC games problem.

Banned
Medal of Honor Allied Assault.

The above PC game has been installed to hard drive, however, the security code was not entered and as a result the game won't play - neither can it be uninstalled from the control panel add/remove programme. The game reuns fine on another PC, which had the security number entered at the appropriate point. If I can uninstall and re load - I can add the code at the right point.

Any ideas, please. Doohhh - why do the bad things always happen to me?:x

16 Comments

Delete the files straight from explorer in program files. Might need to search the registry if it still dont work after re-install.

Original Poster Banned

Sorry, how do I delete from explorer. Thanx. Got it. When I right click, a warning meassage appears saying proceeding to delete will affect other users?????

um... do you have the original disc? if you put it back in the drive and load it do you get the option to uninstall?

also I wouldn't just delete the files, you'll end up messing it all up for sure.

markwills

um... do you have the original disc? if you put it back in the drive and … um... do you have the original disc? if you put it back in the drive and load it do you get the option to uninstall?...

Or the option to just Install? You can install over the existing installation if it won't let you uninstall.
X10

Original Poster Banned

I agree with the delete as a no go. Uninstall from the disc is a no go - however, I have uninstalled the files leaviving 3mb on the hard - I will leave these alone as they could be shared elswhere(I think).

Have installed again - the game still won't run - so I am taking it to yet another 'puter at work to load and see what happens. Oh, happy days, thank you.

if you really really really want to play it on ur pc, i reckon you may need a fresh install of the o/s

Original Poster Banned

The OS U meen XP?

yeah you may need to reinstall windows xp to get rid of any files / info left behind from the 1st install which is stopping you from installing it again properly

omg that is the worst suggestion ever, don't reinstall your whole OS just to get a game running, that would be insane

Maybe a reg cleaner would solve it, just get it to look for an files/folders refering to Medal of honour...a rebuild just to get one game to work is very drastic give the reg cleaner a go first.

PS Yea make sure you backup your reg first as stated below!!

Reaps

omg that is the worst suggestion ever, don't reinstall your whole OS just … omg that is the worst suggestion ever, don't reinstall your whole OS just to get a game running, that would be insane

As I said in my post above, only do this if you really really really want to play the game.

As for it being the worst suggestion ever... do you have a suggestion? Short of manually trawling through the registry (a registry cleaner won't get rid of this because the data will technically be from a "legitimate" program) I can only think of a manual OS reinstall.

Lots of people are scared of manual reinstallations of win XP, but if you want a smoothly running system it's best to do this every year or so anyway.

Remember to back everything important up first though!

also searching in the registry for "medal of honour" will NOT locate every data entry referring to the game. also you could seriously mess up your system and lose a lot of data.

So if either delving into the registry or reinstalling winXP make sure to back up your data 1st

eggman

...so I am taking it to yet another 'puter at work to load and see what … ...so I am taking it to yet another 'puter at work to load and see what happens. Oh, happy days, thank you.

What was the result?
X10

X10

What was the result?X10

Bump :thumbsup:

Deleting the files straight from Explorer will cause no issues. It will leave files behind though. In some cases, it's the best thing you can do, uninstalls leave files everywhere anyway. But I'm old skool when it comes to computers! I grew up randomly deleting files in windows version 2!

Original Poster Banned

It loads and runs Ok on on other 'puters. I think my son has entered an incorrect digit on the security code. I do not seem 2 have an option to re enter it tho. Could I load the game to a different location when loading it thro Browse and then re enter the correct security code and fire the game up? It is a gR8 game by the way. Thank you in anticipation.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2952
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963005
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846253
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?34201

See more discussions