Groups
    EXPIRED

Media Player

I am not offay with media players and so am turning to some techie geeks on here in the hope they can help me!!!

I am looking for a 750gb or 1tb media player that will play anything i throw at it ie avi, mpg etc.

Anyone know of any good deals?

Thanks!

8 Comments

will 2nd that,its awesome

Original Poster

mmmm, looks good, but i am after a media player with built in hard drive.

[SIZE="2"]A key advantage of the WD media player is that there are no limits to the amount of data it will access from an external HDD: if you need to add more files, just plug in a bigger HDD, or two. If however, you get a media player with a built-in-HDD, you're limited by the size of it's internal disk space as to how many files you can access. When I bought my 120GB HDD drive a couple of years ago, I thought it had loads of space, but now I need a 1tb HDD for all my digitized media. In this way, the WD media player is, I think, more future proof. Best of luck with whatever you choose.[/SIZE] :thumbsup:

its great cos i plays 1080p bluray rips and they look amazing

Hi

How will does it play 1080p stuff, I have heard it is a bit blocky?

Many Thanks

Does anyone know if this will play dvd vob files? And can it be used with any usb external hard drive or does it have to be a WD?

tamoil;3864864

Does anyone know if this will play dvd vob files? And can it be used … Does anyone know if this will play dvd vob files? And can it be used with any usb external hard drive or does it have to be a WD?

[SIZE="2"]I'm not sure if it will play VOB files, but from what I've read, it will certainly play files from any HDD, regardless of manufacturer. I ordered one yesterday and notice that WD have released a firmware update for it. Details of what the update means can be found below.

Update details (pdf): wdc.com/en/…pdf

Product page: wdc.com/en/…=en[/SIZE]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17846373
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7161348
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2252
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047123

See more discussions