Groups

Media Server Hard Drives

I need a media server hard drive that can be connected to the computer via usb and act as a wireless media server at the same time is there anything out on the market like this. Many thanks.

4 Comments

there are but if it needs to be connect via usb it will need the pc to be on all the time anyway and then its not really a server,
    What are you trying to do?, there is probably an easier option

Original Poster

thanks for the reply im trying to sort out a solution to see if i can use a external drive with the computer but at the same time want it to be used wireless on the ps3.

Original Poster

forgot to say i already have a nas drive but it wont work with the ps3 wireless and it cant be used wireless and connected with the usb at the same time.

Borat;5274854

forgot to say i already have a nas drive but it wont work with the ps3 … forgot to say i already have a nas drive but it wont work with the ps3 wireless and it cant be used wireless and connected with the usb at the same time.

that should be possible, did you find any reason why it wouldn't work, technically if the drive is available on the network then the ps3 should be able to access it., possible an issue with the router?, you may need to find out what this is or any other solution may also not work.
    Perhaps a description of the equipment involved, ie make and model and how you had it all connected.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ebid over Ebay66
      2. Going in style uv code give away66
      3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917258
      4. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892124

See more discussions