Groups

media streamer?

I'm looking for a decent media streamer, I have a raspberry pi 3, but looking for something with a not more support.

Looking to spend around £70 ish..

Although if there's a good device for less, I'd be more than happy to purchase

5 Comments

what are you wanting to stream?

what kind of support are you looking for?

EliTom

Original Poster

elitom

what are you wanting to stream?what kind of support are you looking … what are you wanting to stream?what kind of support are you looking for?EliTom

Content via the internet.

I currently use raspberry pi 3 with kodi and exodus, but when watching certain media there are sound drops.

shouldn't be any drops due to the pi.its quad core,probably the source is flawed.....never had any loss/lossless issues.try same content with different report etc

fwibble

Content via the internet.I currently use raspberry pi 3 with kodi and … Content via the internet.I currently use raspberry pi 3 with kodi and exodus, but when watching certain media there are sound drops.

ah so non paid for content

this will always be an issue as you are not paying for it ..... there is on ongoing battle of wits between the ISPs / media proviers and those who host such media .... depending on your ISP, such sources get blocked / corrupted to stop people getting the media for free !

EliTom

Original Poster

elitom

ah so non paid for content ;)this will always be an issue as you are not … ah so non paid for content ;)this will always be an issue as you are not paying for it ..... there is on ongoing battle of wits between the ISPs / media proviers and those who host such media .... depending on your ISP, such sources get blocked / corrupted to stop people getting the media for free !EliTom

Yeah, free to air stuff :-$.

I can watch these things, just wondered why there were drops in background ambience. If it was because the pi, doesn't have the right set up.

Or would a different player be more beneficial...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Amazon S&S price fix question22
      2. Has anyone found any Baileys Pumpkin Spiced for sale in the UK ?33
      3. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?11
      4. Three connection45

See more discussions