Expired

Medion Akoya Mini Touch pad problem

10 replies
Found 9th Apr 2009
Has anyone got any idea what i can do to rectify a problem with the tab and click (select) ellement of the touch pad?? Every so often it used to go funny as though it was constantly clicked and when i moved the pointer on screen it would produce a select box. now the left click wont work and tapping on the touch pad doesnt do anything. Hope i have explained well enough to understand. Thanks if anyone can help.

10 Comments

What you need to do is, pick the medion up walk over to your bin and throw it in, i have a medion 15" with the same problem (ranted on here many times about the useless quality and reliability of Medion) my one is also falling to bits after 8 months use and paying £600,

If you have the receipt and you have the time left get a refund and buy something else, honestly they are terrible, never, never again!!!

I would get it sorted under warranty,Sounds like a hardware problem,Where did you buy it ?

tonyg1962;4873170

I would get it sorted under warranty,Sounds like a hardware problem,Where … I would get it sorted under warranty,Sounds like a hardware problem,Where did you buy it ?

If you can persuade Medion to fix it, good luck mate, with all the wriggling they did to get out of fixing my one

Original Poster

It was sainsburys deal. Had it about 3 weeks. its working fine again now but i just reinstalled the drivers so that may have helped. I do hear you clondikemike but i really, really like this for the money. I would, obviously, prefer the NC10 for build quality and the layout. I am also concerned at atking it back as i have changed the RAM and Hard drive oh and wiped the original HD to put Windows 7 on. I am not sure i have any warrenty left after doing all that.

I wonder if it is just software related??

Original Poster

P.s I have seen so many raves on here about the MSI wind but got my hands on one the other day to play with. Who in the hell would pay £300 for what is an EXACT clone from Medion??

It sounds like you know what you are doing so if the touchpad dies it is possible to replace it,
forums.msiwind.net/hac…tml
Th wind originally shipped with the Synaptics touchpad which is an excellent item but the later ones shipped with the Sentelic touchpad which is not so good,If you can find out which yours is it may help,

Original Poster

tonyg1962;4874830

It sounds like you know what you are doing so if the touchpad dies it is … It sounds like you know what you are doing so if the touchpad dies it is possible to replace it,http://forums.msiwind.net/hacks-and-mods/the-touchpad-experiment-t5959.htmlTh wind originally shipped with the Synaptics touchpad which is an excellent item but the later ones shipped with the Sentelic touchpad which is not so good,If you can find out which yours is it may help,

I can see another strip down to establish which pad i have is in order. I thought i already had the Synaptics one, especially when I am using their drivers!!

Read through the link you gave, does the sentelic touch pad also have the ability to scroll up / down with sliding action on far right side of touch pad?? It doesnt state in the link you gave sorry.:thumbsup:

pedster;4875726

I can see another strip down to establish which pad i have is in order. I … I can see another strip down to establish which pad i have is in order. I thought i already had the Synaptics one, especially when I am using their drivers!!Read through the link you gave, does the sentelic touch pad also have the ability to scroll up / down with sliding action on far right side of touch pad?? It doesnt state in the link you gave sorry.:thumbsup:

never used the sentelic touchpad so dont know sorry but if you check out the forums under hardware i am sure you will find everything you need to know,
forums.msiwind.net/

Original Poster

tonyg1962;4876961

never used the sentelic touchpad so dont know sorry but if you check out … never used the sentelic touchpad so dont know sorry but if you check out the forums under hardware i am sure you will find everything you need to know,http://forums.msiwind.net/

Resolved the problem with driver update. Thank you to all that tried to help. :-D

Banned

clondikemike;4873064

What you need to do is, pick the medion up walk over to your bin and … What you need to do is, pick the medion up walk over to your bin and throw it in, i have a medion 15" with the same problem (ranted on here many times about the useless quality and reliability of Medion) my one is also falling to bits after 8 months use and paying £600, If you have the receipt and you have the time left get a refund and buy something else, honestly they are terrible, never, never again!!!

Medion don't make the Akoya Mini... which makes your pointless rant even more pointless!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244871
    2. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322826
    3. Misco about to go into administration912
    4. Add one, leave one game54315392

See more discussions