Medion Intel Celeron 15.4" Wireless Laptop MD 96489

4 replies
Found 11th Jul 2008
Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal woolworths have it for 269.99 says 80.00 off rrp

4 Comments

Somone gave me a Medion laptop running XP for repair recently . It had not been used for about 16 months and it was only 18 months old .Windows had not been activated ,so it wouldn't allow anyone to logon . There is a password on the BIOS [ factory set ] So ,I cannot get in to check the settings . The battery is totally dead and wont charge [battery model mim2230] and I couldn't believe there is no replacements anywhere , not even on the Medion website .
Anyway , I rang Microsoft [it's an automated service ] and registered windows , got the laptop running and put the usual software on it for the customer .ie Firefox ,AVG etc . They got it back and were happy with it , but I got a call 2 months later saying it had gone again and not booting up .These are cheap and cheerfull laptops , they look nice but I think use poor quality componants .Stick to a recognised make and read the reviews .
I recently was going to buy a ACER laptop for £265 [delivered ] from play.com till I read some reviews on these things .I got a S/H Advent instead ,nice looking job and is fit for th purpose .

Original Poster

thanks much will keep looking

Banned

Spend another 35 pounds and buy yourself ones of these NG1A6UK, it is a lenovo core duo laptop, you might have to makes some calls though to get that price as Lenovo has just given resellers and Disti houses 70 rebate on this one

I'd avoid Medion laptops if I were you. I got a refurb for a friend once which was supposed to be "as new". It hadn't even been tested and wasn't able to boot. Lot of hassle with unhelpful people on Medions end so ended up requesting a full refund (and they were reluctant, let me tell you).

There are other brand laptops at around the same price available from places that'll give you a better service / chance of return than Medion/Aldi.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz23
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769597
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247664
    4. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1013

See more discussions