Megaflow boiler

Found 12th Aug
We are 2adults & 2kids & have 3 bed 2 bath house with around 10 radiators in house. We were thinking of combi boiler but builder is suggesting for megaflow boiler. According to him it will cost around £1500 extra compared to combi boiler plus space for 200 litre tank.
Question is that is megaflow really worth it? If yes, are there any cheaper options?

Thank you
Community Updates
AskBoiler
5 Comments
Go for a combi and new installer that won't push you to spend loads more.i got a 4 bed 2 bath and a vailant combi does us fine.
Edited by: "discozohan" 12th Aug
I think best bet is a Valliant or Worcester Bosch system boiler with a megaflow tank/cylinder (or other brand unvented cylinder)
He has got a point if you have two baths that's probably why he is suggesting it.
I'm currently living in a house with a Megaflow after having just combi boilers before that.

Biggest difference I noticed is that if you're having a shower and someone else opens taps or messes around with the water the shower maintains a steady temperature.
Megaflows are overpriced and not particularly good (need regular recharging). I would definitely go with an unvented cylinder, I like Joules as they are reasonable priced, well built, and have a good warranty.

I'd expect to pay between £200-£800 more for a cylinder over a combi. The cheaper boiler offsets some of the cost, and there is no more than an easy days labour extra to fit the cylinder and associated stuff.

They can also go in the loft if space is at a premium.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions