Groups

Memory Card Advice

Hi all,

Looking to get a Sandisk 64gb Micro SD or 2 for different mobile devices.

I've found the one i'm after cheapest at tesco, £15.20, but have since found on Sainsburys the same one for less, £13.33. The only thing that puzzles me is that they are both listed identically with the exact same markings on the card except that the Sainsburys one has packaging stating max transfer speed at 48MB/s whereas the tescos is 80MB/s.

Is this likely to be correct that there are identical cards - Ultra MicroSD I Class10 - that operate up to different speeds or is one site showing it wrong? ?

Thanks for any advice...its only a few quid difference anyway but better in my pocket than theirs.

tesco.com/dir…sku

sainsburys.co.uk/sho…ter

2 Comments

The old one is 48, the new one is 80. For a lot of things the 48 is better as the random 4k read/writes are much faster. If you're just storing photis/vids it won't matter, apps etc will benefit though. At this stage I imagine both will send the worse 80mbps one.

Original Poster

Ok thanks. Think my decision might rest on delivery times then.

Thanks for the info.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions