Groups
    EXPIRED

memory card for SE K800i,

does anyone know if a 2gb card would work or is the phone only limited to 1gb..whats the cheapest.

27 Comments

2 gb will work

Amazon cheapest for 1gb at £19 not sure about 2gb

edit:

Original Poster

im researching for some now.is a memory card one of them things where the more you invest in them the better,would a cheap one fill up alot easier than a dearer one.im looking on ebay now,and it has lots of different types i.e compact flash,smart media,XD picture card.whats the difference and what formats work on the SE K800i,is there some cards that display hi res images differently.

thanks for help lads

Original Poster

would a 4gb work,does anyone have any info stating the fact that the k800i can take 2bg or even 4gb memory cards

Will fill up same depending on size (i.e 2gb)

ebay is full of fakes:thumbsup:

If its k800i you have no point in looking at all the different types its the M2 Memory Stick you need :thumbsup:

Wouldn't risk a 4gb M2, in fact dont think one exists?

2gb
    Mobile Compatibility List: New!Sony Ericsson k610i, Sony Ericsson K790i,Sony Ericsson K800i, Sony Ericsson M600i,Sony Ericsson w300i, Sony Ericsson Z530i, and new Cameras/video cameras with memory stick micro slot

Original Poster

do you recommend any specfic brands,does the k800i,take micro cards,and whats the difference

I recommend Sandisk
    - made by sony but better performance than Sony apparently.

Cant use anything other than M2 Memory Stick.

I would recommend 1 gb for 19.99 from mx2.com
    or 2gb from mx2.com for 39.99, depending on your needs?

HTH

Col

Original Poster

iv just seen a sansdisk on ebay ,do they all come in the micro size with an adaptor or do you get bigger ones.do you know what i mean

Original Poster

whats this mean,whats pro duo and what does it do differently to the rest:
    Includes Memory Stick PRO Duo adapter for universal compatibility with M2 slots and Memory Stick PRO Duo slots

ebay are normally fakes and its very hard to tell fakes from original.

All M2 cards are the same size, not sure if all come with adaptor.

jim4571

whats this mean,whats pro duo and what does it do differently to the … whats this mean,whats pro duo and what does it do differently to the rest:Includes Memory Stick PRO Duo adapter for universal compatibility with M2 slots and Memory Stick PRO Duo slots

This wont work with k800i, cos the card in question is 2 big

Original Poster

"Dual voltage operation; 1.8v for new Sony Ericsson mobile phones, 3.3v for Memory Stick PRO Duo compatible devices "

is the k800i operational with 3.3v,whats the difference between that and 1.8v

What price you seen on ebay or what card?

Original Poster

so you think i should stay clear from ebay.how do the fakes operate differently from the reals col

Original Poster

heres the link,what do you think

Fakes can sometimes work without problems for some people, but potentially they may not be up to speed with proper Brands.

Personally would not touch ebay for this type of item.

mx2.com offer great prices with free delivery.

See my link previously if its 2gb you need

LINK??

Original Poster

cgi.ebay.co.uk/San…tem

i forgot to add the link lol.for the literally the same price might aswell go for the mx2.com.do these cards work on pc's.

Original Poster

would you recommend 1gb or 2gb,is the 2gb for extreme uses.

Original Poster

do you know if theres any codes for amazon or quidco offers,its on amazon at £38.32.

amazon one is not from amazon(marketplace seller) so delivery is around 4.50

If you are going to fill it with huge amounts of video and mp3 tracks get 2gb.
    But from experience 1gb is easily enough for pictures and mp3's on my mobile.

Original Poster

iv just bought the 2gb from mx2.com,thanks col for the help.

Mod's can close this post if you want

:thumbsup:

Just a thanks to the OP and col
    I had looked for a card about a month ago and given up as prices were high...thanks for reminding me...and finding a bargain...**is off to mx2.comi**
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?619
      2. Help please - pc issues719
      3. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private33
      4. Turning off Best Offer on Ebay Buy It Now listings.22

See more discussions