Memory Cards for the 2DS?

What's the best 8GB SD card to get for the 2DS? Some people online say certain cards are slow, some cause errors.

Thanks

10 Comments

There's not enough difference between cards that I'd expect you to see much difference between them, to be honest, especially in smaller capacities. A "class 4" card should be perfectly sufficient..

Original Poster

Illusionary

There's not enough difference between cards that I'd expect you to see … There's not enough difference between cards that I'd expect you to see much difference between them, to be honest, especially in smaller capacities. A "class 4" card should be perfectly sufficient..

So a Class 10 Ultra II, 30mbp/s would be overkill?

superfreddy

So a Class 10 Ultra II, 30mbp/s would be overkill?

Probably. What's the price premium?

Original Poster

Illusionary

Probably. What's the price premium?

£3.79 on eBay. Don't want to pay much to be honest.

Original Poster

If what you're saying is correct... £2.49 for this? -

ebay.co.uk/itm…553?hash=item1eb98e0a29:g:lEcAAOSwOyJX9oAe

superfreddy

£3.79 on eBay. Don't want to pay much to be honest.

£3.79 total cost, or £3.79 premium over a class 4 card? Either way, that's a decent enough price that you may as well go for it.

I assume that you're comfortable that you'd have no use for a higher capacity card?

Edit:
superfreddy

If what you're saying is correct... £2.49 for this? - … If what you're saying is correct... £2.49 for this? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toshiba-SD-K08GJ-6-8GB-Class-4-SDHC-Card-/131962112553?hash=item1eb98e0a29:g:lEcAAOSwOyJX9oAe

That looks fine to me, yep.
Edited by: "Illusionary" 11th Oct 2016

Original Poster

Illusionary

£3.79 total cost, or £3.79 premium over a class 4 card? Either way, t … £3.79 total cost, or £3.79 premium over a class 4 card? Either way, that's a decent enough price that you may as well go for it.I assume that you're comfortable that you'd have no use for a higher capacity card?Edit:That looks fine to me, yep.

8GB is way too much for me as it is! My current 4GB card still has 3GB left with several downloads, but as time goes on, it's likely to get pretty full.

That Toshiba card seems slow though?

superfreddy

8GB is way too much for me as it is! My current 4GB card still has 3GB … 8GB is way too much for me as it is! My current 4GB card still has 3GB left with several downloads, but as time goes on, it's likely to get pretty full.That Toshiba card seems slow though?

Well, a 2DS isn't an overly demanding device in terms of memoery card usage - but if you're concerned, pay the extra £1.30 for the class 10 card. We're not exactly taking large amounts of money here.

Original Poster

Illusionary

Well, a 2DS isn't an overly demanding device in terms of memoery card … Well, a 2DS isn't an overly demanding device in terms of memoery card usage - but if you're concerned, pay the extra £1.30 for the class 10 card. We're not exactly taking large amounts of money here.

I'll go for the Toshiba. Looks exactly the same as the 4GB one I have now. Thanks

You'll get a useless fake from ebay if you buy from a random seller, it will look the correct size but it will corrupt all the data. You can get 16GB cards for under a fiver from proper sellers so why bother. I'd get a fastish one if it'll hold games. Ebay is fine but stick to the proper sellers like 7dayshop, mymemory, argos etc.

From a quick look of just mymemory ebay, can probably get cheaper:
ebay.co.uk/itm…564
or
ebay.co.uk/itm…347
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 11th Oct 2016
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I think I'm being scammed on Paypal?912
    2. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY22
    3. Issue with a CV rewrite any help appreciated.1011