Memory foam topper

Found 1st Apr
Hi all. Can anyone recommend a memory foam topper(Double) I've had a look around, but most I've come across have mixed reviews.
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
33559123-DyXlX.jpg
I got this one a couple of years ago and its great,They also do a 5cm thick one which i can imagine would be even better.
Thanks for the suggestion, but 2.5cm is less than inch, I'd probably need something with more depth, not even sure 5cm would be big enough for someone my size.
Edited by: "jaybizzle" 1st Apr
These ones are good, they have gone up didn’t pay as much when we got our.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…U58
Might a new mattress be a better idea?
Memory foam retains heat. People complain it makes them sweat so bear that in mind.

I'd go with latex.
RossD893 h, 55 m ago

Might a new mattress be a better idea?

Thought I'd give a topper a go before spending big on a mattress.
hearts222 h, 1 m ago

Memory foam retains heat. People complain it makes them sweat so bear that …Memory foam retains heat. People complain it makes them sweat so bear that in mind. I'd go with latex.

Yeah, the heat does concern me a tad.
jaybizzle22 m ago

Thought I'd give a topper a go before spending big on a mattress.

The thing is if you want a really thick topper you'll spend just about the same as for a cheap mattress.

I had a look and you can get the ones with a latex or memory foam layer on top for like £150. They will be cheap and not the best quality ever but better value I think than a mere mattress topper that will cost around £100.
Edited by: "hearts22" 2nd Apr
jaybizzle27 m ago

Yeah, the heat does concern me a tad.

Memory foam is artificial and also has a chemical smell to it.

Latex foam is natural and breathable.

From what I read, latex foam all the way.

I forgot that we had a memory foam topper like the one they linked on this thread and it did very little to improve a lumpy and old mattress that came with the house we're still renting. Couldn't wait to get rid of that mattress and topper etc.
If your mattress is really bad, it won't make much difference.
I'd just buy a new mattress. You can try them for like 30 days and even send them back if they're not ok for you nowadays.
Edited by: "hearts22" 2nd Apr
Dorma toppers are great quality. comfy to
deleted793389
I have this, it’s great and doesn’t get too hot.
unpack it as soon as you get home and the chemical smells soon dissipate
groceries.asda.com/pro…564
Amazon 3inch for about £35 - £40 absolutely brilliant
How deep do you want it to be? Bear in mind anything over 5cm/2" is hard to find 'extra deep' fitted sheets for (only ever found them in Dunelm TBH).

Spend as much as you can on one and it will serve you well for many years. Mine is Silentnight and I've had it about ten years.
Edited by: "squiff" 2nd Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants