Groups

Memory foam topper - Is my one faulty?

I just purchased a 3" Memory Foam topper from ebay and have had it laid out on my bed for 8 hours with the windows open, but there still seems to be bulge going through the mattress (where it was folded in the original box)

I've taken a photo which can be seen below.

Is this normal or should I return it?

66 Comments

Original Poster

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5020/02032010202145.jpg

Well that don't look like memory foam to me. Surely the whole point of memory foam is that it goes back to its original shape easily.

StudentJo;8000598

Well that don't look like memory foam to me. Surely the whole point of … Well that don't look like memory foam to me. Surely the whole point of memory foam is that it goes back to its original shape easily.

+1

Back it

Original Poster

The ebay item number: 280470456901

robot1000;8000626

The ebay item number: 280470456901

44 negatives in the last month....

I would have ran a mile.

wow - money well spent there... and what great feedback the seller has

good luck

Oh dear. This ain't gonna end well. Send them the picture and ask for a replacement.

Then pray.

A lot.

Good luck :thumbsup:

raise a dispute with Paypal and ask for the money to be refunded due to it not being authentic

Original Poster

ChipSticks;8000655

44 negatives in the last month....I would have ran a mile.

I checked the feedback from those who bought the memory foam and they all have left positive feedback.

The product came in this box:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5119/02032010205822.jpg

Original Poster

Foxy102;8000678

Oh dear. This ain't gonna end well. Send them the picture and ask for a … Oh dear. This ain't gonna end well. Send them the picture and ask for a replacement. Then pray.A lot.Good luck :thumbsup:

That's what I've done

I've requested for a replacement. If I have any problems with the seller, I'm sure Paypal will side with me as they legally have to offer me a full refund if the product is not as described

robot1000;8000757

That's what I've doneI've requested for a replacement. If I have any … That's what I've doneI've requested for a replacement. If I have any problems with the seller, I'm sure Paypal will side with me as they legally have to offer me a full refund if the product is not as described

You will def get your money back from PayPal if he doesn't resolve the issue. Then you can give him some negative feedback. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Original Poster

Update

Just got this response

hi, it usually takes 2 days to flatten out thanks

So I'll have to give it until Thursday, if it doesn't look like this:

http://my.frooition.com/080601/images/3030318492_LG.jpg

I'm going to go for the refund and spend an extra £6 and get item number: 110439056278

They look like a more reputable company

looks too big for the bed !!

Original Poster

ADZ1478;8000994

looks too big for the bed !!

Yeh slightly, I didn't actually notice that originally.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7322/41698709.jpg

If I were you I would be returning it ASAP. I don't know what that is on the part I highlighted, but IMO it doesn't look too healthy. For something thats supposed to be new it already looks soiled.

it dont even look the same as the advert ...if it different it breach of listing looks like postie sat on it to have a smoke half way round his round..
    It looks like a customer return that shoved it back in the box wrong and you have ended up with it

Original Poster

TBH - I'm most certain it wasn't used, as it was vacuumed sealed. So It's either I just got unlucky and got a faulty one, or the it's a naff brand.

Either way, I'll probably just get a refund and go for the slightly more expensive one from a Top Rated Seller

Edit

It's the lighting which makes it look used, but it seems to be a creme colour throughout

Banned

lol-memory feel

sassie;8002225

lol-memory feel

Indeed,looking at the listing it appears to be some inferior "type" of memory foam:?

Looks iffy...Looks more like, well, just foam. My MF matress (not topper) had NO creases and just puffed up...Paypal dispute methinks!

Original Poster

modoc;8001269

If I were you I would be returning it ASAP. I don't know what that is on … If I were you I would be returning it ASAP. I don't know what that is on the part I highlighted, but IMO it doesn't look too healthy. For something thats supposed to be new it already looks soiled.

Don't worry, that's only the scrunched up duck tape removed from the box lol

Don't worry, I had the same thing with my topper, it will level out though. Warm temperature will speed up the process

Original Poster

bargain surfer;8002970

Don't worry, I had the same thing with my topper, it will level out … Don't worry, I had the same thing with my topper, it will level out though. Warm temperature will speed up the process

No wonder, I left all the windows open to get rid of the smell. I've closed them all now, so I'll see in the morning

Banned

Am I the only one who thinks it just looks like normal foam

robot1000;8002992

No wonder, I left all the windows open to get rid of the smell. I've … No wonder, I left all the windows open to get rid of the smell. I've closed them all now, so I'll see in the morning

not sounding too good at all! :?

Banned

does it say memory foam on the box as memory 'feel' isnt the same.

you shouldnt use it for 48 hours after unpacking anyway. And turn it over for the 2 days.

Banned

if you want proper memory foam you gotta pay quite a bit more that what this cost

buy budget cheap and you may as well not bother

Original Poster

It clearly says memory foam on the box and even has diagrams on the side on how it works

Original Poster

casparwhite;8003333

if you want proper memory foam you gotta pay quite a bit more that what … if you want proper memory foam you gotta pay quite a bit more that what this costbuy budget cheap and you may as well not bother

What's "proper memory foam"?

Surely it's all the same thing but with different density ratings?!

Smell ??? thats not right ours didnt just had to lay flat for 8hours ...
    you say get rid of smell if its that bad it cant be good for sleeping near it

robot1000;8003379

What's "proper memory foam"?Surely it's all the same thing but with … What's "proper memory foam"?Surely it's all the same thing but with different density ratings?!

I don't know much about memory foam but as i posted earlier the description does seem like it's different/inferior somehow to the norm of visco-elastic whatever that is!

Item Description

By incorporating a medium density memory foam the MEMORY FEEL mattress delivers all of the unique pressure relieving and even weight distribution properties of visco-elastic memory foam whilst providing a luxurious softer feel that is unparalleled in the bedroom.

Banned

deb8z;8003525

I don't know much about memeory foam but as i posted earlier the … I don't know much about memeory foam but as i posted earlier the description does seem like it's different/inferior somehow to the norm of visco-elastic whatever that is!Item Description By incorporating a medium density memory foam the MEMORY FEEL mattress delivers all of the unique pressure relieving and even weight distribution properties of visco-elastic memory foam whilst providing a luxurious softer feel that is unparalleled in the bedroom.

the underlined bit is the key piece of text here. it may just be normal foam with 1mm of memory foam in the middle! :w00t:

Original Poster

csiman;8003567

the underlined bit is the key piece of text here. it may just be normal … the underlined bit is the key piece of text here. it may just be normal foam with 1mm of memory foam in the middle! :w00t:

I'm pretty sure it's all memory foam, by the look and feel of it.

Banned

robot1000;8004114

I'm pretty sure it's all memory foam, by the look and feel of it.

just noticed you said you have the windows open! :w00t:

it will probably expand better in a warm environment! :-D

as I said, takes 48 hours to reach full expansion and its only been 24 max.

Might be an idea to trim edging before fully expanded so it fits on the bed too. Ovelapping isnt gonna do it any favours.

Original Poster

wanderer;8003428

Smell ??? thats not right ours didnt just had to lay flat for 8hours … Smell ??? thats not right ours didnt just had to lay flat for 8hours ...you say get rid of smell if its that bad it cant be good for sleeping near it

Apparently that's normal for memory foam and that's the reason I've kept it laid in an unused room (with the windows opened). I've now closed them after reading csiman's comment and I'll check back to see if it's flattened latter

Original Poster

Updated Pic (taken 24 hours after it being unpacked) :

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1987/03032010133003.jpg

Seems to be a slight improvement, but not good enough to not warrant a return. I'll give it until tomorrow morning to straighten fully, otherwise it's going straight back.

Banned

you have made the cardinal error of ignoring neg feedback despite what he's selling or what he got negs for that many negs says avoid, unlucky is all i can say along with i would never buy something like that from ebay anyway because of whats happened the returning hassle trying to get your cash back etc high street like argos = faulty take back to shop for refund.

i hope it all works out bud

Banned

robot1000;8005898

Updated Pic (taken 24 hours after it being unpacked) :Seems to be a … Updated Pic (taken 24 hours after it being unpacked) :Seems to be a slight improvement, but not good enough to not warrant a return. I'll give it until tomorrow morning to straighten fully, otherwise it's going straight back.

once you've left it 48 hrs and laid on it for a few nights, they will probably be gone.

Original Poster

csiman;8006197

once you've left it 48 hrs and laid on it for a few nights, they will … once you've left it 48 hrs and laid on it for a few nights, they will probably be gone.

I was surprised to find no instructions in the box nor any info on the ebay description page for memory foam newbies like me

Original Poster

I tested it last night and it didn't feel that great.

It takes a while to regain it's shape. Is that normal?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767417
      2. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?67
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876394
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…3180

See more discussions