Expired

Meningitis ACWY Vaccine

Banned 34
Found 18th May 2016
Need to get the jab done to go abroad. Where in London is the best place for it, would need a certificate to confirm I have had it.

Thanks in advance

1. Ask
  2. Vaccine
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Vaccine
34 Comments

is this for saudi....there is a website that has the local pharmacies which offer this vaccination at around £35 per person with certificate. it's also called a hajj Umrah vaccination. your local tesco might also do it for £35 with certificate. Can't find the website that had the list of pharmacies but will look again tomorrow

The gp should do it too.
I paid £40 for mine but like the other person who commented, prices can vary between 30-35

Original Poster Banned

yes it's for hajj. my gp don't do this for over 24yrs old and there is no option to pay for it.

Called a few travel clinic, one wanted £60. The other said it's £50 plus another £75 to see the GP!

powerjumps18

yes it's for hajj. my gp don't do this for over 24yrs old and there is no … yes it's for hajj. my gp don't do this for over 24yrs old and there is no option to pay for it. Called a few travel clinic, one wanted £60. The other said it's £50 plus another £75 to see the GP!

​Salam, search the CBHUK site as they do regular sessions for £30 if booked in advance.

powerjumps18

yes it's for hajj. my gp don't do this for over 24yrs old and there is no … yes it's for hajj. my gp don't do this for over 24yrs old and there is no option to pay for it. Called a few travel clinic, one wanted £60. The other said it's £50 plus another £75 to see the GP!

That's really expensive. Quite bad actually

There's a doctor near Wanstead flats that does it from home in the evenings if you're local to the area I can get his contact details for you. I think he charged us £15 or £20 each for the vaccine with certificate.

actually it might have been £25 I've got a really bad memory!

powerjumps18

Mabrook on going to Hajj. May Allah accept your hajj and make it easy for you in sha allah

cbhuk.org as mentioned in another response is offering hajj jabs on 23rd July at London Muslim Centre Whitechapel for £35 pp with certificate
Edited by: "fauji786" 19th May 2016

Original Poster Banned

adhkarzf

Is that legal, jab from home?
If so I would be interested as I am pretty much in that area every few weeks. Please provide me with details.
Thanks

powerjumps18

Is that legal, jab from home?If so I would be interested as I am pretty … Is that legal, jab from home?If so I would be interested as I am pretty much in that area every few weeks. Please provide me with details. Thanks

​He's a fully qualified doctor so yes it is legal. many doctors work privately not everyone works for the NHS. I will pm you the details once I get them from my dad.

Original Poster Banned

adhkarzf

​He's a fully qualified doctor so yes it is legal. many doctors work p … ​He's a fully qualified doctor so yes it is legal. many doctors work privately not everyone works for the NHS. I will pm you the details once I get them from my dad.

​thanks bro, I'll wait for the details

hi can you pm me details for gp for vaccine in Wanstead please too

Hi, When we went to Umrah last year, us adults went to get ours down at tesco pharmacy. It cost £35 which was reasonable,.

My parents went to Hajj in September, and the vaccine was still valid for their trip as well.

Tesco do the vaccination , will check tomorrow thanks for that
Looking for it to be around £35 as costing so much already

shed

Tesco do the vaccination , will check tomorrow thanks for that Looking … Tesco do the vaccination , will check tomorrow thanks for that Looking for it to be around £35 as costing so much already

My sisters who are under 12 got theirs done at our doctors for free.

When it came to use 4 adults, we could have got it done there as well but they had no more left and wouldn't get anymore before we left for Umrah. So I did a lot of digging around, I too found some places charging £60-£70 before we went to Tesco.

£35 for the injection and a certificate was by far the cheapest.

Also it lasts, like I said my parents went to Hajj this September, and didn't need to get another injection.

Hope that helps.
Edited by: "Aneesa321" 20th Dec 2016

Yeah I had to pay £35 for my son who is 13 years old from gp but their charging £80 for my husband
So will look around for best price and I will call up Tescos tomorrow
Much appreciated for your help and advice thanks

shed

Yeah I had to pay £35 for my son who is 13 years old from gp but their … Yeah I had to pay £35 for my son who is 13 years old from gp but their charging £80 for my husband So will look around for best price and I will call up Tescos tomorrow Much appreciated for your help and advice thanks

Yeah, call up Tesco they do it in their stores that have a pharmacy.

Best of luck, and I hope you have a blessed journey. PM me if you need any advice or anything.

Thank you

Hi can you also send me the details for the private doctor for the vaccine too. Thanks

adhkarzf

Salam, can you please PM me the details of the doctor in wanstead please. i need 20 injections for the Whole family. GP charging £60 each

adhkarzf

AsSalamu Alaikun, do you have the details for the Dr that does the Umrah vaccinations please?
Please Pm me
JazakAllahu Khairan

Asa sorry just saw the messages
It's Shifa Medical Practice including contact 0203 667 1849 Orchards Health and Family Centre, Gasgoine Road, Barking , Essex, IG11 7RS

My husband paid £20 Mashallah very good price as I paid £35 for my son both have received their visas now and will be inshallah going umrah all the best

shed

Asa sorry just saw the messages It's Shifa Medical Practice including … Asa sorry just saw the messages It's Shifa Medical Practice including contact 0203 667 1849 Orchards Health and Family Centre, Gasgoine Road, Barking , Essex, IG11 7RSMy husband paid £20 Mashallah very good price as I paid £35 for my son both have received their visas now and will be inshallah going umrah all the best

@Shed. Many thanks for sharing.
Hi everyone,
Just for your info; I just spoke to Shifa clinic and it is still £20 for the ACWY and appointments can be had within 24-48hrs.
Edited by: "coco_cool" 14th Mar 2017

My pleasure

very useful- going for hajj. CBHUK tend to do hajj seminars and have early bird discounts for vaccinations on the day. £30 to to £45 depending on when booked,

coco_cool

@Shed. Many thanks for sharing.Hi everyone,Just for your info; I just … @Shed. Many thanks for sharing.Hi everyone,Just for your info; I just spoke to Shifa clinic and it is still £20 for the ACWY and appointments can be had within 24-48hrs.

Do they provide a certificate too? Also, anyone know how long a certificate stays valid for? I have one from 2014,can I use this again this year?
Edited by: "Talom" 10th Jul 2017

Talom

Do they provide a certificate too? Also, anyone know how long a … Do they provide a certificate too? Also, anyone know how long a certificate stays valid for? I have one from 2014,can I use this again this year?

Yes they do provide a certificate. It normally is valid for 3 years. I recently went for Umrah and ACWY was not required. Check with your agent; for Hajj it may be different.

coco_cool

Yes they do provide a certificate. It normally is valid for 3 years. I … Yes they do provide a certificate. It normally is valid for 3 years. I recently went for Umrah and ACWY was not required. Check with your agent; for Hajj it may be different.

Jzk for your reply. A valid certificate is needed to obtain a visa for hajj, thought my previous one will do but looks like I was wrong. Will give this centre a call today, hopefully they have appointments available this week.

adhkarzf

There's a doctor near Wanstead flats that does it from home in the … There's a doctor near Wanstead flats that does it from home in the evenings if you're local to the area I can get his contact details for you. I think he charged us £15 or £20 each for the vaccine with certificate.

hi what are the contact details?

Talom11th Jul

Jzk for your reply. A valid certificate is needed to obtain a visa for …Jzk for your reply. A valid certificate is needed to obtain a visa for hajj, thought my previous one will do but looks like I was wrong. Will give this centre a call today, hopefully they have appointments available this week.

If you look through the comments shed has already posted all the details for me. Its shifa medical practice.

shed

Asa sorry just saw the messages It's Shifa Medical Practice including … Asa sorry just saw the messages It's Shifa Medical Practice including contact 0203 667 1849 Orchards Health and Family Centre, Gasgoine Road, Barking , Essex, IG11 7RSMy husband paid £20 Mashallah very good price as I paid £35 for my son both have received their visas now and will be inshallah going umrah all the best

@ shed
I took my injection at shifa medical centre but they gave the certificate on a piece of paper which just states I received the injection on what date. Is this how your husband received it?
I'm just slightly worried as all previous one I received were a actual card which contained my name, dob, vaccine info and expiry date of vaccine. But this one provided doesn't contain anything apart from my name and DOB.
Just wanted to know if your husband also received a paper format and if he had any issues?

coco_cool

Yes they do provide a certificate. It normally is valid for 3 years. I … Yes they do provide a certificate. It normally is valid for 3 years. I recently went for Umrah and ACWY was not required. Check with your agent; for Hajj it may be different.

Did you receive a paper certificate too? Was this given to your travel agent? If so, did they say anything about it?

ummah.com/for…php?360702-Meningitis-ACWY-Vaccination-%A325-(includes-FREE-Certificate)

List of clinics and dates in different cities £25

adhkarzf19th May 2016

​He's a fully qualified doctor so yes it is legal. many doctors work p …​He's a fully qualified doctor so yes it is legal. many doctors work privately not everyone works for the NHS. I will pm you the details once I get them from my dad.

Bro any chance of giving me doctors details I'm pm? Was planning to go umrah . Need the jab and certificate . Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants