menorca nightlife any good?

6 replies
Found 20th Jan
Saw a deal for menorca which is very good here (https://www.holidaypirates.com/holidaypackages/bargain-menorca-group-holiday-gbp-135pp-incl-7-nightts-4-hotel-flights-luggage-transfers_21816) I wanted to know what the night life is like for young people

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
6 Comments

Minorca is more for families in my experience but only been late in the season

Menorca is a biosphere UNESCO reserve, so there is not a development allowed. There are not big resorts, not big night clubs etc.

In May you will see temperatures around 18 - 19C, there is often a good cool breeze and in the sun you might still get sun burnt though. Sea temperature is about 17- 20 too. So its good for oldies who want a bit of warm weather.

Its not until late June you really start to get warm ie: 22+ consistently, sea temp over 20C.

Holiday pirates, is as it suggest "piratical", they will plunder your purse and what you get in returns are bizarre flight hours, out of season holidays (same prices as else where but they list them as DEALS!) etc. etc. you get the drift (ship mate!).

They have the usual Spanish festivals, but the main one is not until late June when there is more music and revelry, but only for that event.
Edited by: "groenleader" 20th Jan

I like the quiet life you know no screaming kids no jostling for food just nice and quiet ? but Punta Prima takes it to a whole new level "Its just to quiet every one in bed by 10 & only about 6 shops in the whole area don't do it " We hired a car & did other areas and they were ok. Someone will know there is a resort with "A big tap" this was a nice place at night but we were buggered because we had to drive back to Punta AKA the morgue

Original Poster

Thanks for the reply guys went to Majorcaast year and really loved it looking to go somewhere else now that's roughly cheap but has good night life for clubbing ect

I've never been to such a quiet island. I'm sure it's referred to as the sleepy isle or something like that.

We stayed in Arenal d'en Castell which is where that resort is and there is diddly squat for miles! Mahon or Ciutadella has alot more to offer with bars and restaurants but I didn't see any clubs, just late licence bars.

It's a small island so taxis aren't expensive to get around. I drove around as I dont really drink and struggled to stick to the speed limits. 40 and 50kph!
Edited by: "darlodge" 20th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Domain renewal35
    2. Wireless earphones33
    3. Gatwick Airport Parking44
    4. Should I upgrade to Windows 10?47

See more discussions