Mens Clothing - What do you call that long coat/jacket, which looks like a suit but not a suite or not a jacket?

20 replies
Found 26th Jan
Hello, I have a question about mens Clothing -

What do you call that long coat/jacket, which looks like a suit but is not a suit and not a jacket? But looks like a suit on the top and a long jacket from mid down?

Thank you




most likely a trench coat if not tail coat.

dinner jacket, that thing trump wears or something else?


morning coat maybe

just wondering, is there a prize for the best guess/winner?

Vest top?

I am no expert on men's clothing but from the vague description the answers will be a long list of guesses.

Perhaps you could post some pictures of men in these jackets to give others a clue?

Drape coat

Is it a suit?... Is it a jacket?... No its Super Jacket.

google to get a picture. your description not much help.

He means what columbo used to wear!

A sofa? X)


a cape



I have a long coat of this nature you describe. Is well made, pretty think so ideal for winter. Buttons up. Cost about £80 from Next some years ago and is grey in colour. Only wore it twice, as I ended up being able to take car to the job I bought it for, then situation changed and have never needed it. Is like new. Will trade it for your Switch + £100 when it arrives?
Edited by: "noahsdad" 27th Jan

Pea coat ? Double breasted overcoat like Daniel Craig wears in Skyfall
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. South Park: The Fractured Butt Hole Preorders - Ubisoft Store (Free Season …11
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769460
    3. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet2154
    4. Wow apple you really are bad1217

    See more discussions