mens electric shaver advice please (pressie father days)

15 replies
Found 10th Jun 2009
Thinking of getting my daughters daddy an electric shaver for father day, as he is sick of having to use a normal razor everyday and wants something easier. Thing is, im a girl and I dont know if they are any good or not? Thinking of this one? (link in first post). Please give me any advice!!!!

15 Comments

my man says, never get a foil one, a good one with rotary heads. make sure its splashproof as you know guys. lol

Your a girl!

Original Poster

dean3988;5458555

Your a girl!

What??

You'll probably get different recommendations from different people but I'd recommend a Philishave. You can get ones which you can rinse under the tap but don't get the ones which also have moisturiser as the moisturiser sachets are expensive....

Plenty of choice on here but they are not always the cheapest
shavers.co.uk/sho…d=3

Original Poster

gari189;5458562

You'll probably get different recommendations from different people but … You'll probably get different recommendations from different people but I'd recommend a Philishave. You can get ones which you can rinse under the tap but don't get the ones which also have moisturiser as the moisturiser sachets are expensive....Plenty of choice on here but they are not always the cheapesthttp://www.shavers.co.uk/shopping.php?node_id=4&manufacturer_id=3

Thanks Gari will look at those

I prefer a Philips rotary shaver. Owned a Braun foil head one once and didn't like it.

Thought u were a dude

amazon.co.uk/exe…-21
i cannot recommend the coolskin one enough, read the reviews they speak for themselves
great shave and yes u do have to pay a bit for refills but it sure does leave me skin extra smooth
u can get the cheaper one HS8040 which dont have the dock etc but its more or less the same
superb shaver!

if you get a foil one get a double foil, i find single foil is useless

Original Poster

dean3988;5458694

Thought u were a dude

No all woman! hence why I said "im a girl! lol :thumbsup:

Original Poster

muffin247;5458772

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000PS6E0W/bestse-21i cannot … http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000PS6E0W/bestse-21i cannot recommend the coolskin one enough, read the reviews they speak for themselvesgreat shave and yes u do have to pay a bit for refills but it sure does leave me skin extra smoothu can get the cheaper one HS8040 which dont have the dock etc but its more or less the samesuperb shaver!

Thanks, was hoping to spend a little less though :thumbsup:

Electric shavers tend to be a matter of personal preference. I have tried lots over the years and could never get on with any rotarys or any Braun shavers. Other people will tell you that rotarys are best or Braun are best. The Remington from Boots is a very good price and, if he can't get on with it, you haven't wasted too much money. Give it a try and if that fails, buy him a rotary for christmas.

dean3988;5458694

Thought u were a dude

lol, a guy would know about shaving more, obviously, and womens hair
hardly the same thing. hence asking the hukd hims indoors.

maybe put a wanted on here and might get something on budget

Original Poster

Thanks everyone, rep to you all
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why was the deal I just posted removed?78
    2. Foo fighters presale code.109
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48

See more discussions