Men's Fragrance Advice

Found 28th Oct 2017
I am looking for some new men's fragrances.

I like sweet, spicey scents but also like masculine smells (brut & old spice)

anyone recommend any legit or even smell a likes.
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Diesel Zero Plus sound like what you want.
Original Poster
I've had Diesel Fuel For Life and Zero Plus years ago. Cheers for suggestion.
Edited by: "GigahurtzUK" 28th Oct 2017
Terre de Hermes expensive so try Yardley Citrus & Wood as very very similar. Lacoste Red and Bang Bang the silver bottle.
Burberry Classic

Tom Ford Black Orchid
My wife likes the one I wear which is Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf. They do an extreme version which is a bit overpowering, but the normal version is fine.
The new fave at the minute is Dior sauvage.
Fahrenheit by Dior , I know it's not new, but it's definately what smells best on my husband. I love spicebomb too , but steal that to wear as a perfume .
I Only wear two types now. Bleau de Chanel and sauvage by Dior.

If you like an old school smell ( but still wearable ) then Drakkar Noir can be had on amazon pretty cheaply.
The One by Dolce & Gabana
Edited by: "Stewie84" 29th Oct 2017
Original Poster
Stewie841 h, 54 m ago

The One by Dolce & Gabana

I tried that one and smells great but lasted less than an hour on me.
L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme Intense, Original Penguin (smells quite abit like 1 Million), Thierry Mugler A*Men, Versace Dylan Blue,Armaf Club de Nuit Intense (smells like Creed Aventus), Hugo Boss Deep Blue.
Take a punt on this one for £19.12 for 200ml HUKD
Carbon by Prada
paco rabanne invictus
I think you shouldn't listen to anyone on here. Men's fragrances is very personal, what one person likes the other person might not i.e my brother likes Joop, Dior Fahrenheit and I can't stand the smell of them. You should go to a perfume shop and ask the assistant to spray some on you then you can find for yourself what you like.

So far you got 12+ people recommending you 21+ different fragrances.....you see pointless asking on here.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 29th Oct 2017
Original Poster
RiverDragon82 h, 27 m ago

I think you shouldn't listen to anyone on here. Men's fragrances is very …I think you shouldn't listen to anyone on here. Men's fragrances is very personal, what one person likes the other person might not i.e my brother likes Joop, Dior Fahrenheit and I can't stand the smell of them. You should go to a perfume shop and ask the assistant to spray some on you then you can find for yourself what you like.So far you got 12+ people recommending you 21+ different fragrances.....you see pointless asking on here.

Jeez OK mum. Shall I stand in the shop for a few hours whilst I test the longevity unless I am lucky and the staff wears every scent known to man with detailed silage information. Chill out.
Ok go through the 21+ fragrances people on here have mentioned on here . I've only ever bought fragrances that I tried at the counter. If you want longevity then you buy EDT onwards (which will last longer than a EDC) click. You must know yourself if you like i.e musty or light fragrance.

You can workout for yourself by trying in-store what you like rather than 12+ random people suggesting 21+ random fragrances.
Original Poster
RiverDragon820 m ago

Ok go through the 21+ fragrances people on here have mentioned on here Ok go through the 21+ fragrances people on here have mentioned on here . I've only ever bought fragrances that I tried at the counter. If you want longevity then you buy EDT onwards (which will last longer than a EDC) click. You must know yourself if you like i.e musty or light fragrance. You can workout for yourself by trying in-store what you like rather than 12+ random people suggesting 21+ random fragrances.

OK thanks.
GigahurtzUK4 h, 11 m ago

Jeez OK mum. Shall I stand in the shop for a few hours whilst I test the …Jeez OK mum. Shall I stand in the shop for a few hours whilst I test the longevity unless I am lucky and the staff wears every scent known to man with detailed silage information. Chill out.

Most stores selling fragrances, Boots,Debenhams,Perfume Shop etc, will happily let you smell various fragrances, narrow it down and get a fragrance sample card of them, take it away and see how you like the smell later, no need to stand in the shop for hours.

As has been said, you've been recommended over 20 so far, and you may find you may not like any of them.
Original Poster
andynicol33 m ago

Most stores selling fragrances, Boots,Debenhams,Perfume Shop etc, will …Most stores selling fragrances, Boots,Debenhams,Perfume Shop etc, will happily let you smell various fragrances, narrow it down and get a fragrance sample card of them, take it away and see how you like the smell later, no need to stand in the shop for hours.As has been said, you've been recommended over 20 so far, and you may find you may not like any of them.

I see what our saying but last time I checked my skin wasn't made of card/paper so I don't agree that that will represent the longevity of a scent on my skin. People please remember I asked for these suggestions on scents not your opinions on my purchases.
GigahurtzUK58 m ago

I see what our saying but last time I checked my skin wasn't made of …I see what our saying but last time I checked my skin wasn't made of card/paper so I don't agree that that will represent the longevity of a scent on my skin. People please remember I asked for these suggestions on scents not your opinions on my purchases.

Please please note, I never gave my opinion on what you should purchase.

Good luck.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants