Men’s office (work) shoes

Posted 28th Sep
Recommendations for work office shoes I am struggling at the moment with my current shoes.

After some research I’m looking Ecco, hush puppies, rockport but would like to see know what others recommend.

As always thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
I have heel spurs, where the round bone at the bottom of the heel grows pointed and makes it painful to walk. I was told by hospital after an x Ray to use gel pads to alleviate this which I did. I tried these but they slipped under the arch and made the situation worse. I bought some Clarks unstructured shoes, the cushion max is so comfortable that I no longer use gel pads. Walking is enjoyable again.
Ringfinger28/09/2019 21:01

I have heel spurs, where the round bone at the bottom of the heel grows …I have heel spurs, where the round bone at the bottom of the heel grows pointed and makes it painful to walk. I was told by hospital after an x Ray to use gel pads to alleviate this which I did. I tried these but they slipped under the arch and made the situation worse. I bought some Clarks unstructured shoes, the cushion max is so comfortable that I no longer use gel pads. Walking is enjoyable again.

This is interesting, but what exactly are unstructured shoes please?
Hotter make very comfortable long lasting shoes, not a huge selection of styles but you may find something suitable.
Red wing iron rangers!!!!
joyf453628/09/2019 21:13

This is interesting, but what exactly are unstructured shoes please?

It's the name of the range of shoes. This is the blurb... "Discover exceptional comfort that lasts. Clarks' Unstructured range uses innovative technology to provide the wearer with lightweight, breathable shoes that feel as good as they look. Conscious of life's demands, these flexible shoes allow you to move freely and all-day wear becomes a breeze." And they live up to, actually exceed what they claim.
Ringfinger28/09/2019 21:01

I have heel spurs, where the round bone at the bottom of the heel grows …I have heel spurs, where the round bone at the bottom of the heel grows pointed and makes it painful to walk. I was told by hospital after an x Ray to use gel pads to alleviate this which I did. I tried these but they slipped under the arch and made the situation worse. I bought some Clarks unstructured shoes, the cushion max is so comfortable that I no longer use gel pads. Walking is enjoyable again.

Another vote for Clarks Unstructured series, along with Fitflop. If you do go Fitflop they always have sales and Vouchercodes is doing 21% off, although finishes tomorrow. Had some luck before between clarksoutlet website and debenhams with getting them cheap. Also try Amazon for Fitflop as well as the brand website.

vouchercodes.co.uk/fit…com
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 28th Sep
There was a thread last week on here, someone suggested some sketchers ones which looked quite nicely actually.

I thought I'd saved them in my wishlist on amazon to check them when I next need a pair but I haven't.

Worth doing a quick search to find them, I think they were about £80-£90 to buy.

Edit:
Found them

Skechers Men's Bregman SELONE Oxfords, (Black Blk), 9.5 (44 EU) amazon.co.uk/dp/…456

£71 for a size 10
Edited by: "Sc4mp0" 29th Sep
At the end of the day it is what is comfortable for you. No one else can say because we don't have your feet. Your research has highlighted some good makes but you wi'll only know if they suit by trying them. It depends on your gait, the width of your feet and any number of other factors. The only way to tell is to try some on. I broke my ankle very badly last year and many shoes I have worn for years I can no longer wear. It is a very personal thing
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 29th Sep
I think these questions are made up - hukd has been flooded with very random questions of late
Sketchers - very comfortable shoes - I use the slip-on ones at work - however they seem to be wider that the lace-up shoes.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants